Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Diop/Croshere for Camby

DLord over at dallasbasketball.com is talking about how Denver is basically screwed with their contracts. They need to move some and he's thinking of Camby for Diop/Croshere. The idea that dallas plays damp/camby/dirk/josh/jason out there.

Camby's number are unbelievable and if used sparingly might be good to go for a playoff run.

How do you like that one 'Ape?

http://p073.ezboard.com/fdallasbaske...ID=25196.topic
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-20-2006 at 08:09 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

now that's a good deal. Won't happen as I'm doubtfull that Denver trades Camby within the conference, but i would love to have a Camby/Damp center rotation.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'd like this deal, I doubt it happens, but I'd like it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

as they say, i would do this deal everyday and twice on sunday. Hrmm come to think of it i would do it twice everyday and three times on sunday.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 07-20-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it if there was a 1 million percent guarantee that Camby would be healthy for at least 70 games.. otherwise, no thanks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it, but I certainly wouldn't ever play Damp, Dirk and Camby on the floor at the same time. What an odd lineup idea.

After reading his article, he just says a Damp, Dirk Camby frontline. I assume he means that has a rotation, and not a starting frontline.

I'd be all over that trade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-20-2006 at 09:09 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

id do the deal too. too bad, mavs wont have a back up for dirk though. wont happen.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Idiotic trade.

Camby is nothing but an injury waiting to happen. His nuimbers are an illusion--you'll never get that from him in a playoff series, because by that time of year he's either injured or trying to recover from an injury.

Not only his he injury prone, he's soft--physically and mentally. Athletic when healthy, but not strong enough to be a physical player. Offensive game consists of nothing but garbage and gimmes. Nothing but a part-time blocked shot highlight reel defensively, with the occasional gaudy rebound total.

Diop showed more substance defensively last year than Camby has at any point in his career. Not mere number, but game altering-plays, with solid defensive presence when he was on the floor.

Croshere provides depth at two, maybe three, positions. Steady, dependable player--i.e., the polar opposite of Cotton Camby.

Absolutely no reason for the Mavericks to even consider this trade. Just some adolescent GM's fantasy league wet dream.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Diop is an up-and-coming center, while Croshere's contract comes off the books after the season and we'll need that dough for Howard's contract extension. Camby has NEVER played a full season. The closest he has come is 72 games in '03-'04. Plus, I doubt he would enjoy only being played "sparingly" to preserve his health.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
id do the deal too. too bad, mavs wont have a back up for dirk though. wont happen.
Powell could back up Dirk and so could Benga.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #11
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I wouldnt trust either of those guys behind Dirk even with their limited minutes, I would like Camby a lot more if the guy wasnt so damn fragile (like a center KVH basically)... I still think we would do it if a) Cuban thinks we are one good player away from a title and thinks Camby really wants it so he'll tough out his 'injuries' and b) if we have faith in Mbenga, if we do then trading Diop isint so bad.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at just last year, camby/josh played the same amount of games, 56. Cambys PER is second on the team 20.1, right behind carmello.

If he'd qualified, he'd been tied with Rashard Lewis.

He looks like a talent for sure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #13
MavsN06

MavsN06 will become famous soon enough

Thats a stretch. Would love that trade. He may be the Stoudemire stopper we need.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

You would be crazy to turn that deal down, but I would much rather prefer placing KVH in to take Croshere's spot and it appears Denver is becoming quite interested in KVH as of late.

This way we could also keep our back-up PF in Croshere while adding an athletic shot-blocking C/PF who can hit the 15-footer. Yes, we would los out on Diop whom I have really enjoyed watching, but we already have Damp and we just signed M'Benga to a new deal. I think the trade would be good for both teams.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsN06
Thats a stretch. Would love that trade. He may be the Stoudemire stopper we need.
BINGO!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I can't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.
Well it appears Denver is going for a more offensively oriented approach and after letting Elson go to the Spurs, they are in need of a young, relatively cheap and tough-nosed center who can handle a lot of minutes. Camby is neither of those and after coming off a pretty impressive statistical season, this would appear to be the opportune moment to trade the 32 year old center.

After looking at salaries I don't know how we could include KVH in place of Croshere though, assuming that Denver would not be willing to pay KVH anywhere near what Croshere is getting. But I would be fine with letting Croshere go if it meant bringing in Camby.

This may even mean bringing Keith back under a cheap contract which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, but I wouldn't be crazy about either. I'd much rather just say our goobies and part ways to allow our more athletic and defensive oriented developing big men take those minutes.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Well it appears Denver is going for a more offensively oriented approach and after letting Elson go to the Spurs, they are in need of a young, relatively cheap and tough-nosed center who can handle a lot of minutes. Camby is neither of those and after coming off a pretty impressive statistical season, this would appear to be the opportune moment to trade the 32 year old center.

After looking at salaries I don't know how we could include KVH in place of Croshere though, assuming that Denver would not be willing to pay KVH anywhere near what Croshere is getting. But I would be fine with letting Croshere go if it meant bringing in Camby.

This may even mean bringing Keith back under a cheap contract which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, but I wouldn't be crazy about either. I'd much rather just say our goobies and part ways to allow our more athletic and defensive oriented developing big men take those minutes.
Possibly.

But if I were Denver, I'd be talking Diop, KVH (1 year SNT), and Croshere for Camby/Najera.

Dallas might pull the trigger, but they would be getting a solution at C, and removing two contracts. Denver might be overpaying KVH for a year, but it would remove the 3 left for Eddie, and get them more insurance for the inevitable Martin/Francis trade coming soon.
If they could sign Evans to a descent paycheck, they would be fairly set on their frontline with Diop/Nene/Evans/Croshere/KVH -- and two of them expiring. Dallas might have to include PPod as well.

Dallas might do it because Eddie is a defensive hustler and Camby would solidify the C position giving them more offense from that position.

I would guess that Dallas would get their #1 back as well, maybe more.

Francis / Boykins
Miller / Smith / Hodge
Anthony / Patterson / KVH
Evans / Croshere
Nene / Diop

They would be fairly solid.
-------------------------------
Terry / Harris
Bucknor / Stack
Howard / Marshall
Nowitzki / Najera / Powell
Camby / Damp / DJ

Camby would float between 4/5. Stack float 2/3. Terry float 1/2.
This team looks like for the top 8 it would have more offense, and just as good or better of defense as this last year.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Possibly.

But if I were Denver, I'd be talking Diop, KVH (1 year SNT), and Croshere for Camby/Najera.

Dallas might pull the trigger, but they would be getting a solution at C, and removing two contracts. Denver might be overpaying KVH for a year, but it would remove the 3 left for Eddie, and get them more insurance for the inevitable Martin/Francis trade coming soon.
If they could sign Evans to a descent paycheck, they would be fairly set on their frontline with Diop/Nene/Evans/Croshere/KVH -- and two of them expiring. Dallas might have to include PPod as well.

Dallas might do it because Eddie is a defensive hustler and Camby would solidify the C position giving them more offense from that position.

I would guess that Dallas would get their #1 back as well, maybe more.

Francis / Boykins
Miller / Smith / Hodge
Anthony / Patterson / KVH
Evans / Croshere
Nene / Diop

They would be fairly solid.
-------------------------------
Terry / Harris
Bucknor / Stack
Howard / Marshall
Nowitzki / Najera / Powell
Camby / Damp / DJ

Camby would float between 4/5. Stack float 2/3. Terry float 1/2.
This team looks like for the top 8 it would have more offense, and just as good or better of defense as this last year.
I like this idea also but I'm not sure KVH would settle for a 1-year contract unless there was a substantial amount of money involved. In order to make the deal work Denver would have to pay KVH anywhere from approximately 4 to 4.5 million a year. I think KVh would do a two year deal at that amount but otherwise he may search for long-term security. It would be nice if that did happen though.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do this trade only if I know that Mavs were confident that P-Pod was a year away. After watching the summer league game today o n nba tv, I really think Pavel can contribute with an entire year in the NBDL. Since I don't think anyone would roll the dice on that, I'd keep a 3 million dollar a year center (Diop) who can block Tim Duncan.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-21-2006 at 12:51 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can Croshere be combined with another player in a trade now?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Good question, JR Smith was traded....can he just be traded by himself me thinks? I thought they had to wait like a month or month and a half like with the Damp trade.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

RealGM says September 12th
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote