Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough
Default packaging harris,stack, & kvh

with the addition of AJ and George it seems we could trade a few players. my friend and i were discussing this and it seems that packaging stack, devin harris, and s&t KVH could get us almost any player we want(being realistic of course). is this just me or does anyone else think we could get some VERY good players for this.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Denver would be interested in the names you mention. Who you gonna get?

I could see Camby helping the team and he might be available. Still, Devin is too much to give up unless he's being packaged in a deal for a superstar player.

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 07-26-2006 at 04:24 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack is going nowhere, IMO. Makes too much financial sense to keep him.

So what would Harris, KVH bring you --w/o going too far over the lux tax limit.

Not much.

Camby is a good thought, but only if you send Dampier out.

Personally, I think they are done this year --- but who knows.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I don't want any part in sending Harris out unless it's for a super-star quality player.

Edit: I mean by including Harris in a package deal ofcourse.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-26-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I don't want any part in sending Harris out unless it's for a super-star quality player.

depending on the team situation, I could see one of these guys traded
paul pierce, AI, garnett (not a chance), ray allen, rashard lewis, arenas

and lesser players: pietrus, maglore, starbury, francis, baron

and just for kicks, wouldn't it be fun to have Iguodala and Howard together and/or instead of harris had jamison on the bench instead of harris/stack

Last edited by scorched03; 07-26-2006 at 06:55 PM.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #6
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

I'd rather keep Stackhouse for his expiring contract. We'll need the freed-up dough from that and the freed-up dough from when Croshere's contract expires next year to use on Dirk's and Howard's contract extensions.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I think this would work:

Harris/Howard/Stackhouse/Croshere/KVH/Pavel

for

Pierce/Szczerbiak/Telfair/Scalabrine

Dallas line up

Johnson/Telfair
Terry/Buckner/Ager
Pierce/Szczerbiak
Dirk/Scalabrine
Diop/Dampier/MBenga

Dallas would have an absolutely dynamite rotation, with the only weakness backing up Dirk. The Mavs would be a couple of player short, but Boston could include some cheap rookies/young players (Allen Ray, Leon Powe and/or Dwayne Jones) which they'd have to cut otherwise.

Boston line up

Harris/Rondo/West
Stackhouse/Green/Allen
Howard/Gomes
Jefferson/Grant/Croshere/KVH
Ratliff/Perkins/Pavel

The following year, Grant, Stack, Croshere & KVH would be done with their contracts, with Ratliff to follow the next year.

I don't know that Boston would do this, but it certainly gives them a talented young team to build on. In the next two years, Boston would have an enviable salary cap position.

It puts Dallas in a stronger position to get a championship in the next two to three years, and Boston in a position to become a serious challenger in the East in the two to five year time period.

Seems like win-win to me.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

that appears to be a win-win, but boston would never give up pierce. they value him as much as we value dirk. always nice to think about possibilities though

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:32 AM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't expect us to do any more trades this offseason. I think we're pretty set.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 07-27-2006 at 12:32 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I sure hope there are no more trades. I dont want to lose Stack. Helps me alot in my Live 06 Dynasty. But for real, i really dont think that Avery would want to part with Stack.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
I sure hope there are no more trades. I dont want to lose Stack. Helps me alot in my Live 06 Dynasty. But for real, i really dont think that Avery would want to part with Stack.
He is surprisingly good in that game. I don't expect any more trades, unless we S&T KVH for a 3rd string PF, but I don't expect us to move any of our core pieces, and I'm happy with that. We were two wins away, and we've already improved upon our weaknesses, I think we should go into battle with this team.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #12
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

Quote:

thats what im thinking. if we were able to trade for someone like allen iverson we get everything from that one guy that we get from the 3 we trade away. he would be very good at getting to the rim like harris and would have stack's toughness...i can't even remember what kvh brought to the table...maybe AI would help more w/ boards than kvh did....hell he might even be able to guard shaq better than kvh

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
I'd rather keep Stackhouse for his expiring contract. We'll need the freed-up dough from that and the freed-up dough from when Croshere's contract expires next year to use on Dirk's and Howard's contract extensions.

Expiring contracts are nice, but who needs an expiring contract if you are able to pick up a super star instead. it seems like expiring contracts are less and less valuable every year
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The only problems with that are:
1) It's hard to find a super-star caliber play that is available
2) There are not many superstar caliber players that are even rumored to be available that could help this team
3) We would run the risk of giving the team a huge makeover after getting us to the Finals and coming close to winning it all.

Also, what happens if the plan fails? What if the chemistry is bad or the newly acquired superstar gets injured? What then? Well, then we wouldn't have any other developing players to fall back on and we would be stuck with an ugly superstar sized contract coupled with less roster depth.

I don't mind trading Stack or KVH, but letting go of Harris would be a very big risk that I'm not sure I would want to take.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
pickupyonuts

Quote:
The only problems with that are:
1) It's hard to find a super-star caliber play that is available
2) There are not many superstar caliber players that are even rumored to be available that could help this team
3) We would run the risk of giving the team a huge makeover after getting us to the Finals and coming close to winning it all.

Also, what happens if the plan fails? What if the chemistry is bad or the newly acquired superstar gets injured? What then? Well, then we wouldn't have any other developing players to fall back on and we would be stuck with an ugly superstar sized contract coupled with less roster depth.

I don't mind trading Stack or KVH, but letting go of Harris would be a very big risk that I'm not sure I would want to take.
AI is who i have in mind. and yes, he could get hurt, but if you look at it we don't give up all that much. kvh won't be on the team. so basically its trading harris and stack for AI. this trade would only make our bench one player shorter, which is not bad at all considering some of the pieces we have gotten....the players that can switch off between the 1 and 2/3 would be AI, JT, AJ, Buck, Ager, George. That is not much less deep than a rotation which could include Harris, Stack, JT, AJ, Buck, Ager, George. I throw George in the list because stack also gets minutes at the 3.

i dunno if this makes sense, but i think it gets the point across that 6 men rotating in the 1-3 positions is plenty....thats not including howard cuz i didn't know how much he played the 2 and its not part of the discussion anyway.

Last edited by pickupyonuts; 07-27-2006 at 02:40 PM.
pickupyonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

They should call this "other than intelligent offers of trade" I still haven't recovered from the Boston proposal. Pierce???? He is 2 years passed his prime now. Nevermind. It's not even worth my time to argue its stupidity. Now i know why I don't come into this section of the forum.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #16
pickupyonuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
They should call this "other than intelligent offers of trade" I still haven't recovered from the Boston proposal. Pierce???? He is 2 years passed his prime now. Nevermind. It's not even worth my time to argue its stupidity. Now i know why I don't come into this section of the forum.
two years past his prime huh?? at the age of 29 i believe??? thats why he averaged the most ppg. of his career this past season. he also had more rebounds and assists than his career average. yes, he is OBVIOUSLY past his prime. and im sure u were saying AI is past his prime too...yet he had his highest scoring season and averaged more assists per game by over 1 per game...maybe AI will go on the decline...but stack and KVH....they are not declining at all....
Old 07-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #17
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

numnuts, the fact that Howard and Harris were in the deal makes the trade absolutely stupid not Stack and KVH. You can join insanctuary, AI, and Pierce and hell, throw in T.O., Ricky Williams in the black hole of team work hell.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched03
depending on the team situation, I could see one of these guys traded
paul pierce, AI, garnett (not a chance), ray allen, rashard lewis, arenas

and lesser players: pietrus, maglore, starbury, francis, baron

and just for kicks, wouldn't it be fun to have Iguodala and Howard together and/or instead of harris had jamison on the bench instead of harris/stack

I can't see pierce or arenas being traded.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote