Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-14-2001, 11:24 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

In 20 years, who will be referred to as the better of the 2 players: Barry Bonds or Ken Griffey, Jr??
Old 04-14-2001, 11:36 PM   #2
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Griffey...In 20 years he will be close to the top of the all-time home run list. I also think that he is more fan friendly. But personally I like Bonds better.
Old 04-14-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

I really like both of these guys, but if I had to pick one of them as my favorite, it would be Barry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2001, 03:26 PM   #4
horserangler

horserangler is on a distinguished road

Griffey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
horserangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 04:02 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Only 5 votes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 04:46 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

this must be an anti-baseball crowd?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2001, 07:14 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

My vote goes with Bonds. Its hard to say how good Griffey is going to be for the next few years. If last year was an indication of a decline, he's going to have a hard time matching Bonds stats. Barry shows no signs of slowing down despite being much older.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 12:17 AM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

One of those truly special moments in sports that gives you chills all over. Barry Bonds hits #500 against San Fran's archrival, the LA Dodgers. Not only that, he hits it into McCovey's Cove, which hardly anyone else has done, and he does it to put the Giants up 3-2 when they were trailing 2-1.

It just keeps getting better for my Main Man BARRY BONDS#25
Old 04-18-2001, 09:06 AM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

What a great night it was to pick Bonds for my Daily Diamond player [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-18-2001, 03:36 PM   #10
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

jr will be more highly though of after their carrer's are over, but IMO, bonds is the better player. He has been damn good throughout...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 11:11 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Bonds is currently at 501...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2001, 07:07 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

He's hit a home run in the last 6 games!
Old 06-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Gotta BUMP this back up.

What the Hell is wrong with Barry Bonds? All of the sudden he's become like the greatest homerun hitter of all time. Ok maybe that's overdoing it alittle but he's on pace to hit somethng like 86 homeruns this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . He's got 31 right now(Fastest ever to do that I might add) and could blow away Big-Mac's homerun record.

I'm not surprised he's having a good year(because it's a contract year) but he's going insane.

Old 06-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

This baseball year is CRAZY! Bonds is on pace to hit like 80 homeruns, the Rangers spend the most money in the off-season and are on pace to lose 100+, and the MARINERS are off to the best start in baseball since the '36 Yankees!
Old 06-06-2001, 04:57 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Don't forget about the Phillies and Twins. Although the Twins don't suprise me really.

Old 06-06-2001, 05:00 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget about the cubs.
and the red sox, playing as well as they are without garciapara, i've really enjoyed baseball this year, moreso than the past 3-4 years
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 05:09 PM   #17
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

The Cubs ROCK! There my favorite team and it's about time that they got off to a good start. Their pitching is doing great...Wood had a no-no through 6 today & he and Tapany through back-to-back one hitters. Aren't the awesome?!