Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #41
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

i just want to hibernate untill mavs 1st game

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
There's chatter everywhere saying we should picking up Al Jefferson in the off season to save this team & Dirk one more championship. Risking letting him become a free agent makes as much sense as seeing D-Will stay in Brooklyn. We really can't afford to miss on a guy who is VERY obtainable right now, and maybe the final piece to contend this year!

What do you say Brand, Marion, Jae Crowder, & Collison for Al Jefferson?

Why for Utah: Who cares if we screw them over.
Why for Us: Brand is expiring and not too useful. So is Collison and we all know he is not our Jason Kidd of the future. Jefferson is the elite post player in the NBA, 8th in PER & a top ten overall player. Only 27. Improved greatly last year showing he was still getting better after knee surgery. He's the center of the future.
What do I think?

We should have at least one practice together with guys before we trade away our starting PG (and only PG), a possible Ron Artest-type, and two solid, top 30 role players in Marion and Brand.

P.S. Who would play point with Collison gone? Roddy? Mayo? DoJo? Would we look for some undrafted gem that hasn't even made another team's practice squad?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Not surprised you forgot about him, but in that scenario it would be Delonte West.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ah West. The worst PG option we had last year. It could be better with better spacing, but the guy cannot run an offense at all.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #45
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
P.S. Who would play point with Collison gone? Roddy? Mayo? DoJo? Would we look for some undrafted gem that hasn't even made another team's practice squad?
Give Toronto a TPE for Calderon. Upgrade dramatically over Collison for free, basically.

Jose Calderon plays like Jason Kidd, shooting 3's & passing. Perfect fit.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Must be nice living in the world of basketball fantasy.

Which TPE do we have that would net us 10.5mill of Calderon's salary? If you think we got one that big for Odom, I think you should check your numbers.

And what makes you believe that we would be better with only Dirk/Kaman/Calderon with another 4/5 tweener backing them up instead of having depth at every position?

Just curious if you have answers to either.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #47
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Calderon and Jefferson are both horrible defenders. Close this thread plz. Reading it makes people imbecile.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Calderon and Jefferson are both horrible defenders. Close this thread plz. Reading it makes people imbecile.
I'd vote that it just gets moved to the appropriate forum for trades, but I agree. Individual PER is a terrible evaluation of a player. It rewards stat-stuffing and doesn't speak to defense in the slightest. For an average defender, it paints an incomplete picture. For terrible defenders like Calderon and Jefferson, it's downright deceptive.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what planet you have to be living on to think Mo Williams is nearly as good as Collison.
Mo Williams is ranked way higher than Collison in nearly every fantasy draft table.

I've said this many times before--I went to college with Collison and really like him as a person but I guarantee he will disappoint you heading up the pg spot. I've watched more Collison than just about anyone besides his coaches and teammates. He's undersized and can't shoot a three to save his life.

Sorry I can't be a Pollyanna and am hurting feelings by not being a homer fan.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
We don't have to go this far with our Dirk defense guilt. Scoring teams win so we'd have plenty of it. Get some!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #51
haCORErdMav

haCORErdMav has a spectacular aura abouthaCORErdMav has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Losing out on the Al Jefferson Sweepstakes this summer as said before. No worries though bro.

& you already know I like the Brand pickup A LOT since we've discussed it enough and agreed he won't be around forever.
The FO wouldn't be able to bear something like this.

5/10

Quote:
Mo Williams is ranked way higher than Collison in nearly every fantasy draft table.

I've said this many times before--I went to college with Collison and really like him as a person but I guarantee he will disappoint you heading up the pg spot. I've watched more Collison than just about anyone besides his coaches and teammates. He's undersized and can't shoot a three to save his life.

Sorry I can't be a Pollyanna and am hurting feelings by not being a homer fan.
You must be talking about some other Collison because the one who plays for the Mavs attended The University of California, Los Angeles.

You clearly did not take full advantage of your education, or should have taken more acting classes.

0/10

Last edited by haCORErdMav; 10-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.
haCORErdMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #52
Marc_BringBackTheAnswer

Marc_BringBackTheAnswer is on a distinguished road

okay saying Mo Williams is better than Collison is bad... Collison is 25, fast, and willing to learn. Not saying hes gonna be great by a long shot but with Dirk and O.J. Mayo Collison can adapt to his role
Marc_BringBackTheAnswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #53
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Williams is definitely better than Collison at the moment, i mean, come on, and this coming from someone who borderline hates that guy. Still, all of his stats in his best seasons blows anything out of the water that Collison done so far in his still young career. You have to mention something though, not coincidentally, Williams' had his best seasons playing with a guy named Lebron James. I have some hope that Dirk will have the same effect on Darren, and he can net us something like 16/8 on good efficiencies. That would be up there with Williams' best season.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #54
Marc_BringBackTheAnswer

Marc_BringBackTheAnswer is on a distinguished road

I don't know if I had to chose between Williams and Collison would have to be my pick for the mavs future. With his speed he can create up tempo basketball, and I will agree his pick and roll game is not where it needs to be but with the mavs he really has no choice but to learn. And I agree its tough to compare when Mo Williams was at his best with Lebron, I don't know I just think darren is going to have a good season.
Marc_BringBackTheAnswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_BringBackTheAnswer View Post
okay saying Mo Williams is better than Collison is bad... Collison is 25, fast, and willing to learn. Not saying hes gonna be great by a long shot but with Dirk and O.J. Mayo Collison can adapt to his role
No argument here on adapting to his role- great point actually. I'd like a sig bet on the Mo v. Collison line though. As always, I hope you prove me wrong.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Jefferson may not want to get out of his $23,000 bed.
Al Jefferson has a huge, very expensive bed
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...5408--nba.html
Old 10-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #57
Banned

Maybe he can share it with Dirk's knee this season.

Tags
ghost of cadbane, ghost of fail hard, mental institution