Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2021, 11:30 PM   #81
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yeah we were totally expecting him to put the team on his back and win the game tonight. I guess there’s no medium like 12 mpg helping in the paint
No there isnt a middle ground for Boban. And its not up to Rick to decide if Boban is playable.

It depends if you play a smart or a dumb team. Any smart team pick&rolls Boban to death and runs him off the court. Pelicans are a young dumb team that didnt do this.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2021, 11:35 PM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Honestly with the way JRich is playing it wouldn't shock me to see RC cut his minutes in half and give them to Redick.

I'm not even a fan of the Redick trade but this dude JRich is proving to be unreliable.

RC might decide he can live with Redick's defensive flaws more than he can JRich's inconsistent performances.

And you know how much I hate lack of defense but if this guy isn't shutting anyone down or knocking down shots then's what's his purpose?
Yea that was my attempt at sarcasm.

JJ Reddick isn't moving the needle if he ever even plays. Much like Curry he may give you some good things via shooting but defensively he will give it back. I could care less if he starts or doesn't.

Everyone's inconsistent AF outside of Luka and Brunson, including our 2nd best player. Some nights he shows promise, other nights he looks like he's holding us hostage with that fat max.

DP and DFS have incriminating pics of Rick or Cubes apparently.

Maybe sitting our young stars on B2Bs may be the most consistent thing about our team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:13 AM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor is Luka was out with a Covid vaccine side effect

When I got mine I was sick as a dog for a day. Wonder if it’s the same
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:19 AM   #84
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Despite being down several players, Rick Carlisle still didn’t play the rookies
Carlisle’s refusal to play the rookies is baffling. The Mavericks were down four players — Doncic, Porzingis, along with the recently traded James Johnson and Wes Iwundu. Johnson and Iwundu weren’t getting steady minutes, but in a game where Doncic and Porzingis were out they surely would have seen some time on the court.

So when Josh Green and Tyler Bey didn’t play at all, it was surprising to say the least. Your margin for winning significantly shrinks when you sit all-stars, even against weaker teams like the Pelicans. The game can come down to just a few mistakes, and it goes without saying that rookies make plenty of mistakes. But with such a shortened rotation it just doesn’t make sense to see Green and Bey not play, even if it’s just in limited stretches.

Josh Richardson continues to struggle
The Mavericks are playing with the shortest regular season rotation I’ve ever seen. If someone in that rotation struggles, it impacts the game in a significant way. Richardson only scored four points on 1-11 shooting. He also had three of the Mavericks’ seven turnovers. Dallas simply can’t afford for anyone to play badly if one of their two stars sit. And if both of them are out, it’s a disaster. No one is asking for Richardson to carry the Mavericks when Doncic is out, but he’s got to be more efficient. The Mavericks can’t afford for their starting shooting guard to have more turnovers than field goals. Dallas is 19-7 when Richardson scores at least 10 points, and winless in nine games when he doesn’t.

0: The total playing time all Maverick rookies received today
Once again, all signs pointed to some run for rookies Josh Green, Tyler Bey, and Nate Hinton. The Mavericks two stars were out, Green had shown flashes to the tune of seven points last night, and two bench players were just sent to tonight’s opponent. Instead, they found themselves on the bench, along with the newest Maverick Nicolo Melli.

I personally am an advocate for playing the rookies over others who have a demonstrated track record of causing significant harm this season such as Dwight Powell, who finished with zero points and one rebound in 17 minutes.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:53 AM   #85
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Updated
1-4 when Luka doesn't play
7-9 when KP doesn't play
0-3 when neither play (Road losses at CHI, OKC and NO)
Carlisle sticks to an 8 man rotation and chooses not to develop the rookies = road loss.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #86
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Updated
1-4 when Luka doesn't play
7-9 when KP doesn't play
0-3 when neither play (Road losses at CHI, OKC and NO)
Carlisle sticks to an 8 man rotation and chooses not to develop the rookies = road loss.
And we need to get used to them both not playing moving forward because the Mavs need to protect their health and have them both strong by playoff time.

Sad thing is even if this team was in the 9th or 10th slot they would still operate as is without any sense of urgency because they are so talented as Donnie would put it.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-28-2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:44 PM   #87
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually give Carlisle a pass but if he’s not willing to give the young players a fair shake bring in someone who will. There’s absolutely no excuse for not playing Green or Bey especially when we knew there was a high probability of losing the game without KP or Luka. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Last edited by tap2390; 03-28-2021 at 12:45 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:35 PM   #88
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I usually give Carlisle a pass but if he’s not willing to give the young players a fair shake bring in someone who will. There’s absolutely no excuse for not playing Green or Bey especially when we knew there was a high probability of losing the game without KP or Luka. It’s pretty ridiculous.
I thought they would draft Bane tbh

But after seeing the rookies this year I think the guy who they really missed on was the kid in Detroit (Bey).

That dude is a legit 3&D talent who could have started this year as a rookie for the Mavs.

I don't know how RC wouldn't have started that dude if you watch him.

Hell we could have kept Curry and drafted Bey based on what I've seen from him he's better than Richardson.

Had the Mavs executed properly this past off season Imagine how their future would have looked with the following lineup

Luka
Bey
DFS
Wood
KP

Curry
Brunson
THJ
Kleber
WCS

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-28-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #89
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

But after seeing the rookies this year I think the guy who they really missed on was the kid in Detroit (Bey).

That dude is a legit 3&D talent who could have started this year as a rookie for the Mavs.

Hell we could have kept Curry and drafted Bey based on what I've seen from him he's better than Richardson.

Had the Mavs executed properly this past off season Imagine how their future would have looked with the following lineup

Luka
Bey
DFS
Wood
KP

Curry
Brunson
THJ
Kleber
WCS
Bey is already putting down numbers similar to Richardson but with nearly a 40 percent rate from 3's. Lot of Green defenders here using the excuse that Carlisle wont play them. I don't think Carlisle has any tolerance for rookies that can't really play well. I dont think that would have been an issue with Bey. My admittedly pessimistic view on this is that for what ever reason the Mavs can't seem to attract good free agent talent so building around Luka through the draft is at a premium. We have struck out so far with the exception of Brunson as a nice role player. If it turns out Green doesn't become a legit starter within a year or two then it was a failed draft choice and a total whiff in the chance to build around Luka. The Mavs only have a few year window to build around him IMO.

Last edited by Zeus; 03-28-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:14 PM   #90
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Luka
Bey
DFS
Wood
KP

Curry
Brunson
THJ
Kleber
WCS
On no planet should Green have been taken over Maxey and Saadiq Bey. How do you get Luka young cheap talent if you can’t draft?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #91
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
You bring up a good point. 90% of all people give Rick and the organization a pass, but why? Rick hasn't shown he can win a single playoff series in the new NBA e.g. post 2013 style of play. He did a great job in 2011 and that can't be taken away from him nor should it, however he should be questioned 10 years later. There is a shelf life to everything.

My question to fellow Mavs fans. Given what other teams have seemed to be able to do as far as talent add at the trade deadline, what makes us think the Mavs will take a step change next year? Luka is already a top 5 or 6 guy in the league. Without the ability to add significant secondary playmaking, I see Luka heading into his rookie extension year potentially frustrated. Doesn't seem to be any hope of adding anything in the draft since we don't do well when drafting outside the lottery. Just venting...
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote