Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2021, 11:11 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of
Default Why does KP keep getting iced out of games late

So much is made of KP being injured/Hurt or inconsistent

He hasn't been great but I don't think he's been as bad as some people make him out to be.

The dude will score tons of points in the 1st half only to go long stretches of games usually in the 4th QTR without getting touches.

Everyone loves Luka and rightfully so but I feel like he doesn't run enough plays to get KP shots in the 4th qtr. Instead we get to see THJ or Richardson do their thing more than KP.

ON a few occasions tonight it looked like KP was wide open clapping for the ball and the pass never came. He put his head down a few times....

I also noticed that KP is very unselfish he will swing the ball more often than not and I don't see that same unselfishness with his teammates towards him.

Coaching should step in and recognize this by now because it happens often.

Found this over at Mavsmoneyball questioning why he didn't get any shots

Porzingis attempted as many shots in the fourth quarter as I did, though the blame can’t be placed entirely on him. When Doncic did hit him on a cut through traffic, he brought the ball down and had it slapped out of his hands. Other than that instance, Porzingis didn’t get a look served up for him.

Is this an indictment of Porzingis? I’m not sure I’ll go that far. The whole team lacked any type of fire, but overall it was a disheartening performance from the team with Porzingis back in the fold.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-07-2021 at 11:12 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/sta...705729537?s=19

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Lmao

He said it's happened before

And I agree with him..

Now 90% of Mavs fans will tell you RC is great but I have to ask the question shouldn't great coaches figure out away to get their best players involved in the offense late in games like yesterday?

If a normal fan can see that one of your top players keeps getting iced out in 4th qtr how come someone on the mavs sidelines can't see it.

This free flow offense crap doesn't work late in games half the times because it becomes Luka pounding the rock for 20 seconds and usually ends up with a guy like DFS taking a desperate shot if things break down.

For the life of me I can't understand why RC simply won't call set plays more often in those situations.

Kirk from Mavsmoneyball mentioned that they don't really have an offense that they run which is why we see the stagnant situations so often in the 4th qtr.

That was one of the things that I liked in the game that mosely coached was the fact that in that 4th qtr he used multiple post up set plays for luka had him off the ball a little more so the defense could couldn't key in on him.

Now does that make mosely a better coach than RC no it doesn't

But it shows his willingness to understand that part of the mavs issues in the 4th qtr is they might just free lance a little too much and taking away that free lance and calling a few set plays might be best when you have a young team.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
KP wins round one debate

He was right
Old 04-08-2021, 11:46 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This free flow offense crap doesn't work late in games half the times because it becomes Luka pounding the rock for 20 seconds and usually ends up with a guy like DFS taking a desperate shot if things break down.

For the life of me I can't understand why RC simply won't call set plays more often in those situations.

Kirk from Mavsmoneyball mentioned that they don't really have an offense that they run which is why we see the stagnant situations so often in the 4th qtr
The main reason I would like to see Carlisle take the reins a little is because it is putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on Luka

There's no reason that Luka has to feel like he HAS to make something happen every time down the court. Run a few set plays every once in awhile so Luka can relax and do his magic
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote