Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donnie is Suing the Mavs

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...m-denies-claim

Quote:
Former longtime Dallas Mavericks general manager Donnie Nelson sued the team Thursday, alleging that owner Mark Cuban fired him last summer as retaliation for reporting that Cuban's chief of staff sexually harassed and sexually assaulted his nephew during a job interview in 2020.

The lawsuit also alleges that Cuban offered Nelson, who was fired in June, $52 million to withdraw a wrongful termination claim and sign a confidentiality statement related to the alleged harassment and abuse of his nephew.

Nelson, in his lawsuit filed in Dallas County court, says Jason Lutin, described in the lawsuit as Cuban's "right-hand man" and who still works for the team, assaulted and harassed his nephew in a hotel room during the 2020 All-Star Weekend in Chicago. The nephew, a man in his 20s who is not identified in the lawsuit, had been invited by Lutin to his hotel room, the lawsuit says.

EDIT 1: I am an attorney. I'll download the entire 46 page petition and post a link for everyone to access, and also share my thoughts once I've read through it.

EDIT 2: Here is the entire petition for those of you who are interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gsw...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by tap2390; 03-17-2022 at 02:44 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, Donnie has nothing to lose since he was exposed as a terrible GM and fired for it. What strikes me is that he is basically saying if he wasn't made GM for the foreseeable future, then he was going to spill the dirt. Sounds like blackmail to me. Like, he was totally cool with this if he kept his job? And a 10 year contract extension?

Pretty shocking considering how loyal Cuban was to him. We all know Cuban's recent terribleness as an owner, but Donnie is destroying any reputation he had left.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:39 AM   #3
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

I hope this shit show will not hurt the team just as they are becoming relevant again.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:47 AM   #4
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs response statement:

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn_macm...564165/photo/1
Old 03-18-2022, 08:48 AM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
I hope this shit show will not hurt the team just as they are becoming relevant again.
I don't imagine it will have any effect on the actual basketball side of things. It is really embarrassing though.

I actually like Mark Cuban a lot better than the other people on this board seem to. I think all things considered, over the last 20 or so years, he's been a better owner than most. He's made his share of mistakes, but I think most of them were understandable in their context.

Shit like this though, and the sexual harassment stuff that came out a few years ago, reveal that things have not been right behind the scenes under his watch. At best, it's merely dysfunctional. At worst, it's toxic. Whatever the case, I really hope the changing of the guard that took place in the offseason with a new front office represents more than just improving the product on the basketball court. I hope it also improves the culture of the entire Mavs organization.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 12:27 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban is and has always been a big flaming pile of horseshit. Congrats on dragging the franchise down again.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Time for Cuban to go. It seems like every 6 months it’s something new.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #8
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the inappropriate actions were. Leaking to Cato? He was fired almost immediately after that story, wasn’t he?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:43 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
Reasons citing for firing Nelson: “(1) Nelson’s poor job performance as [GM], (2) the diversion of his time and attention to his numerous outside business enterprises, and (3) Nelson’s failures to comply with NBA regulations and the Mavericks’ internal human resources policies.”
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Time for Cuban to go.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works with owners. He'll "go" when he's dead, and probably not a minute sooner.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:38 PM   #11
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Unfortunately, that's not how it works with owners. He'll "go" when he's dead, and probably not a minute sooner.
Maybe he has a mistress with a recording device.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:00 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
This is why going off on Cuban makes no difference. It's like Jerry Jones. You can wake up and want him to sell the team day in and day out, but it's not going to happen.

Which is why Donnie is just going to destroy himself in all of this. Doubt it'll be worth it in the end. He got fired for being a bad GM, saw Nicco kill it getting Dinwiddie, and now is kicking dirt.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote