Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-11-2001, 12:55 AM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

dj...you keep talking about finishing the site and updating it. What kind of stuff can we expect when you're done?
Old 06-11-2001, 08:42 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Some really neato stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Rob...do you have any idea what kind of really neato stuff?
Old 06-11-2001, 10:14 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Check out ClutchCity.net, the current badass of all NBA fan sites! THAT is what I see this site becoming (cc.net will always be king of the hill in my mind but I'm hoping to create a site of similar magnitude dedicated to the Mavs). The problem I've been facing, however, is lack of a hardcore programmer (for db-related functions and other scripting mumbo jumbo I'm unfamiliar with) and my own pickiness. I'm a graphic designer and I get sick of designs rather quickly..I've re-worked two different layouts thus far, and have just started on a third. My problem is I keep trying to top myself, and if I think the design I'm working on isn't up to my standards, I dump it. Even if it's 3 weeks into the design. Yea I'm pretty phucked up that way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I should have something up by next week though. I'm thinking of just creating a small site that looks cool, and then eventually adding onto it. Perhaps that would be the best route to go (right now I keep trying to create a huge ESPN-like site right away..not the best idea).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 10:23 PM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Man...that site is pretty sweet. So are you going to start a new site and leave this one alone, or are you going to add on to this one?
Old 06-12-2001, 12:00 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

This message board will get a minor face lift, with enhanced options and minor tweaks, but it will for the most part remain the same. Don't worry, you won't have to re-register or start with 0 posts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 12:09 AM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

you saw right through me...that was my main concern.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:22 AM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

lol, yeah, don't make us have to start all over AGAIN. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 10:38 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i'm tired of starting over
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 11:20 AM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] You never had to start over. Unless of course you really are LAMOO. But that would have been your choice not DJ fault. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2001, 03:07 PM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

Rob still posts here, that's good, he's one of my alltime favorites
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:26 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Can't say I feel the same about you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2001, 03:28 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You just don't like anyone that has intelligent sports opinions. You feel threatened.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:57 PM   #14
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough