Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-18-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

mavs maniac made mention of a dallas-mavs.com threads hall-of-fame. Said the 'shocked' threads should go there.

This is such a great idea! Can you mods collect the funniest/infamousest/longest threads and arguments in one place? It'd be great to have the history of d-m.com at your fingertips.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2002, 03:41 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

We can easily have a thread locked at the top, which can be updated from time to time. It could also have links to the best threads.

We could have 1 thread at the top for the hall of fame. And have other threads for nominations and voting.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:16 PM   #3
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

hey, thanks for the credit UL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think it'd be cool having this hall of fame thing, of course I think we oughtta have a top 100 posters list instead of top 10, too, but I am a little weird with stats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I betcha a lot of this stuff will become really easy to do when dj gets the forums moved to the new board software. dj, whatcha think?
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:15 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Great idea. To remember is to live.

I've had many ROTFL's, LOL's, and all of these crazy acronyms, with many of your messages posted here.

I vote "yes".

If it happens, you have to be prepared: the Hall of Fame is going to be very large and has to be well managed, I mean, creating and index or something like that. If not, it's going to be larger than the Word Association! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2002, 11:44 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Stickman
Old 10-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

dj gives us random top 40 lists....he's been real cool about that in the past. I wonder what number I will be?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:12 PM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I wonder what number I will be? >>

dead last

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:38 PM   #9
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

whats the new mavs site gonna be Rhylan?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 01:20 AM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

no new site, just different software driving this board. a redesign, basically.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

How about a thread with useful links?
stats sites, sites for good articles, foreign players, etc.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:27 AM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

bump for more opinions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:52 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: hall of fame?

a thread/poll to rate the new users
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:38 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Default hall of fame?

A read only (locked threads) forum for the old classic threads. Threads could be nominated for inclusion in the "read only" forum by anyone and the mods could either choose or maybe a vote for the threads could be done somehow.

Some of those old threads kill me even now when I go back and read them.

I'd personally stay away from rating newbies....we want them to stay around and who is to say what opinion is valid or not. We get enough of that in the threads as it is. The more new posters that stick it out the better. A top 40 occassionally would be nice, but we do have the top 10 in the today section so it might be a little repetitive. I'm guessing the private forum will evolve into the post padding area....it would be nice to keep the regular threads on topic, not to say that we should have fun in those threads those.

Just my $0.02.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:00 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in favor of a read-only Hall of Fame forum. Just need enough suggestions to get one started!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:39 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Default hall of fame?

I nominate the first thread ever just because. I'll try to spend some time pouring over some of the old threads soon. I've been gone for 10 days on vacation so I am reading through the threads.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:42 AM   #17
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default hall of fame?

what was the first thread?
Old 06-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #18
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i am a new member here, but i think it would be cool to have all of these threads in one place. i am looking back at old threads kind of haphazardly, but it would be nice to have a list of the most well known ones to look at.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:57 AM   #19
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default hall of fame?

I got to see Rhylan's comments thread in lights.

The threads about Predrag Savovic are pretty cool.

OP's mojo thread, game 5 v. San Antonio is one that will always be remembered.

The stickman.

The primal scream thread.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:20 AM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Default hall of fame?

word association (if it can be found?) if not, fake it, no one will know the difference.

There was a thread sometime ago where Murphy rated a bunch of users. that was pretty good.

There was also some serious troll here (real clips fan?) maybe a classic troll thread.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:48 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default hall of fame?

thanks for reminding me UL..it's about time for the rankings again, isn't it?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:18 PM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

i never saw the results of the member thread!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote