Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-23-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Who got the better deal?

I think it was a bad trade. Ratlif(spl?) is younger and can do the same things Mutombo. Block(leads the league), rebound, and play defense. He's also still under contract. Mutombo is old and is a free agent after this year.

Advantage Hawks IMO.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2001, 09:11 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I couldn't agree with you more, Rob. And who's to say Mutombo is going to stay with Philly after this year?? Terrible move giving up Ratliff. If they had kept him and Kukoc, they could have been title contenders for years to come. Now, they may have one shot at it and that's it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2001, 02:22 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think it all depends on whether or not Mutombo re-signs with them at the end of the year. The guy's old, but he definitely doesn't play like it! If Philly can ink him to at least a three-year deal, then I think they did the right thing. I can totally see him playing well into his late 30s or early 40s (and playing well, might I add!). If they make it far into the playoffs and possibly to the finals this year, you can bet he'll re-sign. He's been on losing teams for far too long and is clearly sick of playing for struggling/rebuilding organizations. Philly is the perfect situation for him imo - a powerhouse team that not only has the best record in the league, but is also in the less rigourous EC. That is, as long as they don't experience some kind of horrible meltdown sometime in the next couple months! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

BTW, Mt. Mutombo erupted for 17 points, 13 rebounds, and FIVE blocked shots in his debut Friday night against Detroit! If only Atlanta would've accepted Bradley in exchange for him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 08:33 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The Sixers have lost two of their last three since acquiring Mutombo. Uhhh..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 12:06 AM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

You can't really fault Dikembe though. Tonight against Milwaukee, he had 21 points (6-8FG, 9-9FT) and 16 rebounds (7 offensive). Pretty impressive numbers.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:06 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, iverson's shooting like 20% in that stretch of games or something.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:04 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

tell me about it. He's been on my VGM team twice and he's killing me. So I ditched me today and went with Deke instead. He's been playing really well.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote