Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Dal\Boston\Chicago

Dallas
-Finley\Terry\Danials
+Pierce\Raef\Blount

Boston
-Pierce\Raef\Blount
+Antonio Davis\Terry\Danials

Chicago
-Antonio Davis
+Finley

The only question I have is what has to happen for Chicago to pull the trigger? Benga, or get the Celtics to give up #18 for a future first?

We dump Raef or Blount take your pick with the 1 time thing.

Stressboy

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dal\Boston\Chicago

I think the only problem with that is that Danny Ainge wants to build a winning team.

No superstar for the Celtics can only mean one thing.

More shots for Antoine Walker.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

He is going with youth and Pierce wants out. Raef and Blount are not the future and are the worst contracts, Al Jefferson/Kendrick Perkins are the future of their frontline.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Ainge can do alot better than JET/Daniels's for Pierce/Raef/Blount but I may be wrong.

But then again, if Pierce leaves, Ainge will bring him back in a couple years. =p

Contact Me
Old 06-25-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
Stressboy

Second Scenario(Better for Mavs, maybe better for C's since it is 20mil expiring contracts(7mil now), plus starting PG):

Dallas
-Finley\TAW\Harris\3mil
+Pierce\Raef\Blount

Boston
-Pierce\Raef\Blount
+Antonio Davis\Harris\TAW\3mil

Chicago
-Antonio Davis
+Finley

Third Scenario(Least Liked but maybe best for short term and maybe the way to go for chicago):

Dallas
-Finley\TAW\Danials\Harris\3mil
+Pierce\Raef\Blount

Boston
-Pierce\Raef\Blount\#18
+Antonio Davis\Harris\Danials\TAW

Chicago
-Antonio Davis
+Finley\#18\3mil

Dallas Lineup:
Terry\DA
Pierce\Stack
Josh\???
Dirk\KVH
Damp\Blount or Raef\Benga\PPod

If you keep Raef instead of Blount, you can try to move KVH for something good.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
alby
Guru

All of your scenarios are very appealing for the Mavericks. =]

Contact Me
Old 06-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #7
Stressboy

I'm pretty sure they are good for the celtics also, but I don't know if the Bull's would do it. I think they are 1 good vetran leader away from being a top 3-4 team in the east and Fin could be that guy. No one is going to offer the Celtics a young incredibly talented PG, a young 24 old that scored 30 in the playoffs, AND 20mil in cap space.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
alby
Guru

Would Pierce accept being the #2 option?

Contact Me
Old 06-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
Stressboy

He would if he wants to win and really when we would need a guy to get his own shot, Pierce would be the guy.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #10
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dal\Boston\Chicago

The Celtics want the shots to go to Al Jefferson, that is what this is all about. Jefferson, Tony Allen, Delonte West, and Kendrick Perkins are the guys that matter in Boston these days.

I would be shocked if Walker is signed back, he just takes shots from Jefferson.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #11
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I would do all three. I mean, to get a legit #2 guy that has shown to play even more productive with a guy that plays the four spot. Dirk and Pierce would be the best tandom in the league. Hands down. TMac and Yao aren't even as good, at least not yet. I think losing that much youth though could hurt us, but since Pierce is 28, he's just now in his prime. We could easily sign guys for this year and see if what we could do in next year's draft, or make other trades for picks. Pierce's is not a bad defender unless my memory is failing me and he's a hard cover, especially with all this talent we have. I have been wanting to add that second guy, instead of waiting for Josh or Marquis to become that, and this is the way to get that done. Call Donnie, make the move.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 AM   #12
alby
Guru

How would the money situation look like for us?

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2005, 12:17 AM   #13
Stressboy

Fin is a little more than Pierce
Danials is equal to Blount
TAW\Harris are where we take on about 30mil real salary in Raef

If we cut Raef and save the 40+mil in tax we are still taking on 30mil in real salary, but for a much more productive player. Essentially Cuban gets Pierce for the same price as not cutting Fin plus giving up Harris. I'd say that is a trade Cuban makes every day of the week.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:20 AM   #14
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
How would the money situation look like for us?
Not good. We would be in worse shape than now. I'm assuming Pierce is at the max, say 12 or 13 Mil this past year. Raef is at like 8 or 9, and Blount is just about the same. I think that we would cut one, but that still leaves that person's salary on the cap. Assuming this would be the 'put us over the top' move, I have no problem with that and I doubt Cubes would either. Also the fact that you get depth at the C position, a legit #2 guy, and still get rid of Finley's contract, you have to like it from our prospective.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:29 AM   #15
alby
Guru

We would, without question, take away the "best starting 5 in the NBA" label from the Pistons or the Suns.

Contact Me
Old 06-26-2005, 05:45 AM   #16
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Ainge want to have a superstar on his team that can sell tickets. They were offered the number 3 pick and NVE expiring contract for pierce and the refused for the latter reason.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #17
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Boston just doesn't get enough in these scenarios, IMHO. I think it would take something like Stackhouse/Daniels/Harris for Pierce and Banks. That's a deal you've got to think about, but it isn't as much a one-sided no-brainer.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #18
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

i agree with u SeriousSummer to do the above trade. We should sell stack when he is worth something.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote