Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-09-2005, 06:35 AM   #161
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Flip41
Evil Dead w/ Bruce whatever his name is. It was terrible.
That's sacriledge. I'd say that Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness (which was originally going to be named 'Medieval Dead') are three of the greatest movies ever made, and Bruce Cambell is one of the greatest, most unappreciated actors of his generation...

"I got news for you, pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And, Jack just left town."
Old 07-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #162
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really choose one all-time least favorite, but here's a few of mine in no particular order:

Demolition Man
Judge Dredd
Some other movie with Stallone
Batman & Robin (almost killed my childhood hero)
Kissing Jessica Stein
Darkman
Fahrenheit 9/11 (c'mon, someone had to say it!)

Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:52 AM   #163
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Quote:
Originally posted by: Flip41
Evil Dead w/ Bruce whatever his name is. It was terrible.
That's sacriledge. I'd say that Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness (which was originally going to be named 'Medieval Dead') are three of the greatest movies ever made, and Bruce Cambell is one of the greatest, most unappreciated actors of his generation...
Agreed. The entire series is classic.

Quote:
"I got news for you, pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And, Jack just left town."
Oh yeah? Well...

"Alright you primative screw-heads! This is my BOOMSTICK!"
Old 07-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #164
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

Boogeyman.

Anybody who hasn't seen it, don't. Thank god i had a coupon that let me see it for free.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #165
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I thought Billy Madison was pretty bad when I saw it at the theatre. But maybe I just didn't understand Adam Sandler's ways back then because I've liked almost every movie he's made since. I haven't watched the Longest Yard or whatever yet.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #166
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
I thought Billy Madison was pretty bad when I saw it at the theatre. But maybe I just didn't understand Adam Sandler's ways back then because I've liked almost every movie he's made since. I haven't watched the Longest Yard or whatever yet.
See, that's pretty funny. I am the exact opposite of you. 3 of my favorite movies of all time are Billy Madison, Waterboy and Big Daddy. I know Billy Madison is a little older than the other 2, but basically everything Adam Sandler's done since then hasn't really worked for me. I'm hoping he'll redeem himself with the Longest Yard.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #167
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
The Haunting
Anchorman
Kicking and Screaming
Master and Commander: Far Side of The World

Master and Commander was the funniest. How the hell do you shoot the captain of the ship while trying to shoot a bird? I laughed my ass off at that one.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #168
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
See, that's pretty funny. I am the exact opposite of you. 3 of my favorite movies of all time are Billy Madison, Waterboy and Big Daddy. I know Billy Madison is a little older than the other 2, but basically everything Adam Sandler's done since then hasn't really worked for me. I'm hoping he'll redeem himself with the Longest Yard.

That is quite curious. You didn't enjoy Happy Gilmore? I've watched that movie at least ten times and that Shooter Mcgavin character never fails to crack me up. I also really dig 50 first dates for some reason. Could be because of Barrymore, but I really liked the ending in that movie. Yeah, I'm pretty much a sucker for the sap.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #169
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Haha. I did like Happy Gilmore, but not quite as much as the other old stuff he did.

I'm not into the whole chick-flick scene. In my humble opinion, putting a character like Adam Sandler in a chick flick is a waste of his sense of humor. I never bothered seeing 50 first dates, but Mr. Deeds and Anger Management didn't do much for me.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #170
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

lol... I'm not into chick-flicks either really, but I do like Adam Sandler movies, so I had to watch that one. One of the worst chick-flicks I've ever watched is You've Got Mail. I don't remember too much about it other than that I thoroughly hated it.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:26 AM   #171
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70

Master and Commander was the funniest. How the hell do you shoot the captain of the ship while trying to shoot a bird? I laughed my ass off at that one.
Master and Commander was a damn good movie. That scene wasn't unrealistic at all, because rifles made before the 20th century were terribly inaccurate. Also, the guy he shot wasn't the captain, it was the ship's doctor. Russel Crowe was the captain.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #172
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, I missed who the character was, I fell asleep for a a large part of the movie. I also didn't say it was unrealistic, Spiral, but the fact that it was hilarious. He was trying to shoot a freaking bird, it flies low enough that someone on the ship could get hit, and he does not hesitate at all to pull the trigger? That was one redeeming moment of the movie, it was hilarious.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 AM   #173
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70

Master and Commander was a damn good movie. That scene wasn't unrealistic at all, because rifles made before the 20th century were terribly inaccurate. Also, the guy he shot wasn't the captain, it was the ship's doctor. Russel Crowe was the captain.
I found it to be very average. It's certainly my least favorite Russel Crowe movie that I've seen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #174
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I just saw one of the worst movies of all time. Has anybody seen GODSEND?

It's hard to screw up horror movies. They're generally supposed to be pretty stupid. But this movie's creators manage to insult the intelligence of even the low-brow horror fan. It was absolutely terrible.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #175
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I think the first time I watched the Army of Darkness I thought it was the worst movie ever. However, I watched it again at a much later date and found it to be absolutely one of the funniest movies ever. I think it is hilarious. Stupid. Yes, but hilarious just the same.

My worst of all time are:

Lust in the Dust
From Dusk 'til Dawn
Cry Baby (or whatever the hell its called)
Edward Scissorhands
Heathers
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #176
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dead man on campus was fairly putrid

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #177
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
Edward Scissorhands
Sacrelidge. Tim Burton's masterpiece, along with Nightmare Before Christmas.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #178
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Edward Scissorhands is easily Burton's best work.

1) Edward Scissorhands
2) Mars Attacks
3) Pee Wee's big adventure
4) Batman
5) Batman Returns
6) Nightmare Before Christmas

and the bad...

7) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
8) Planet of the Apes
9) Cabin Boy
10) Batman Forever

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #179
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Burton directed Cabin Boy? with Chris Elliot? Never heard that... ah, just checked IMDB. He was a producer on it.

I'd add Big Fish to his better movies. BeetleJuice, too. Ed Wood was also good.

I'm actually looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. looks weird, but in an interesting way.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #180
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ed Wood needs to be added to the bad list. What an awful movie. Was forced to sit through it in film class.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #181
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I loved Ed Wood. Absolutely amazing performance from Martin Landau.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #182
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
I loved Ed Wood. Absolutely amazing performance from Martin Landau.
won him an Oscar....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #183
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I just saw one of the worst movies of all time. Has anybody seen GODSEND?

It's hard to screw up horror movies. They're generally supposed to be pretty stupid. But this movie's creators manage to insult the intelligence of even the low-brow horror fan. It was absolutely terrible.
I agree with you on this one. That movie sucked. Original idea, but horribly done.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #184
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The only thing I remember of this film is that it was a waste of time (and my money... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] )

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:44 AM   #185
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Edward Scissorhands is easily Burton's best work.

1) Edward Scissorhands
2) Mars Attacks
3) Pee Wee's big adventure
4) Batman
5) Batman Returns
6) Nightmare Before Christmas

and the bad...

8) Planet of the Apes
9) Cabin Boy
10) Batman Forever
I'd have to put Big Fish near or at the top of Burton's best movies list. I think chocolate factory might be okay. I'm probably going to see it whether I think its good or bad anyway. Haven't seen Scisccorhands in a while so I can't comment on its placement. I'm probably going out on a limb here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], but Batman needs to be above Mars Attacks and Pee Wee. Also, The Corpse Bride might earn a spot on this list somewhere, too, after it comes out. Oh! and don't forget about Sleepy Hollow.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 AM   #186
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

8) Planet of the Apes
9) Cabin Boy
10) Batman Forever
Burton is credited as the producer, but he really had nothing to do with that movie. If he had, I guarantee you, it would've been decent. No, the blame falls squarely on Joel Schumacher for that one.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:32 AM   #187
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I just saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It was actually a pretty good movie. But if this thread was called "The absolute UNREALISTIC movie you've ever seen," It would take the cake.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 AM   #188
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i say bring it on again is probably top 5 worst of all time lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #189
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

You Got Served