Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #361
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
2 of 9, anyway...
I guarantee #2 will not show up with ESPN...
I also noticed ESPN tried to make a bigger point to tear the Cowboys and T.O. apart by putting up the number of times Romo threw to T.O. and Whitten and the number of drops by each. Just goes to show what the intentions are with ESPN..Divide the Cowboys and destroy them..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #362
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about the drops statistic but NBC showed the Thrown To, receptions breakdown between the two that night. Just throwing that out there. I think this issue is on the backburner for this week...but I'm sure it's going to come back up going to Philly facing McNabb.

I'm concerned about the game on Saturday, but I think they'll be able to Take Care of Business because the Ravens offense just can't keep up and I figure the Cowboys D can pressure the Ravens.

The bigger issue is the next week in Philly, I really don't know how that one will play out. I'm optimistic but right now I just don't know if the Cowboys can do it in that hostile of an environment with that much on the line. Westbrook can easily be the biggest factor in that game.

And no, this isn't a built-in excuse but Romo's back is a concern as well, it's just a fact. Just have to hope the O-line can protect him and not cause any stupid penalties. Part A is possible but I think Part B is nearly hopeless.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #363
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
So, is Pacman officially out for the season, or is there some chance of him coming back this year?
Well speaking of Pacman status updates...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Looks like the Pac is back. (again)

So much for the career ender, huh?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #364
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Just goes to show what the intentions are with ESPN..Divide the Cowboys and destroy them..
Huh. That sounds like the general mindset of anyone in the northeast. And southeast. And northwest. And throw the southwest in there also. Can't forget about Illinois and Wisconsin either. South Texas. South Louisiana. I'm probably leaving someone out.

But my point is that although Cowboys = viewership the large media conglomerates (from the northeast) love it when the Cowboys have failure. I'm not really sure why that is. I find the Cowboys easy to love.

But TO is an easy target because of his past. I can't wait until this all is forgotten and we get to go to the parade.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #365
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Huh. That sounds like the general mindset of anyone in the northeast. And southeast. And northwest. And throw the southwest in there also. Can't forget about Illinois and Wisconsin either. South Texas. South Louisiana. I'm probably leaving someone out.

But my point is that although Cowboys = viewership the large media conglomerates (from the northeast) love it when the Cowboys have failure. I'm not really sure why that is. I find the Cowboys easy to love.

But TO is an easy target because of his past. I can't wait until this all is forgotten and we get to go to the parade.
Just don't PLAN the parade yet.

And your 2nd point, everyone likes to see the big guys go down. If you don't have any affiliation or connection, you'll probably root for the underdog. It's like the Yankees, people hate them because they have access/funds to pluck whoever they want and they make a crap load of money.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #366
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who are you, Laura Miller?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #367
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post

Man that is good to hear.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #368
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Why's that?
I look at their track records... easy enough.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #369
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post

That's one of the faster turnarounds from an initial prognosis you'll ever see. Not as extreme as the Kevin Everett thing, but it's certainly a pretty drastic switch.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #370
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
December 18, 2008
Team-oriented T.O. busts out a new T-shirt
2:38 PM Thu, Dec 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O.'s T-shirts have been a big hit with teammates this season.

He gave the offensive linemen "iBlock" shirts. He gave pass rushers "iSack" shirts. Receivers got "iCatch" shirts. And so on.

T.O. seemed to be sending a message with the T-shirt he was wearing today. All the various iPhrases were put together in a block on the front.

The back read, "WE WIN."
Link

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #371
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

So why not hate on the Giants, Oakland, Bears type of teams because they have even bigger markets? I think the target for the Cowboys right now has nothing to do with the Cowboys. I think they target T.O. and Jerry Jones..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #372
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I think that is a pretty nifty idea.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #373
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

T.O. = Team Oriented That was pretty clever!!!

Looking for a victory on Saturday Night!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote