Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #521
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want about werder...but I don't think he's making up those quotes from "sources" or anonymous players or whatever it is.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #522
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is that there are a lot of distractions right now for a team going into what might be its most important game of the season.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #523
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's cliche to say...but this is not the greatest time in the world for this junk to come out in the media. Like FIN said, this is now the most important game of the year and this distention is terrible. This does validate my thought of TO being a major headache and I can't stand his antics and for the most part he just always needed to shut up and play football.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #524
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This does validate my thought of TO being a major headache and I can't stand his antics and for the most part he just always needed to shut up and play football.
Why?

I love TO.

I don't think he's wrong to say he deserves the ball. Sure, the media inflates it quite a bit, but when it comes down to it...he needs to get the d*mn ball in his hands.

Sure he's the most thrown to, but those throws aren't always.....on target. In fact, a bunch of them are way way off.

From what I've seen this year, TO has still got it in him. He needs the ball in his hands to be a playmaker.

I'm gonna put myself on the limb and say he is one of our top 3 players.

Also, I would definitely be pissed if I had the talent, size, athleticism, and speed that he has and I wasn't getting that involved too.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #525
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Why?

I love TO.

I don't think he's wrong to say he deserves the ball. Sure, the media inflates it quite a bit, but when it comes down to it...he needs to get the d*mn ball in his hands.

Sure he's the most thrown to, but those throws aren't always.....on target. In fact, a bunch of them are way way off.

From what I've seen this year, TO has still got it in him. He needs the ball in his hands to be a playmaker.

Also, I would definitely be pissed if I had the talent, size, athleticism, and speed that he has and I wasn't getting that involved too.
There is plenty I could say about this, but I don't want to go on a long-winded tangent about it. He is a playmaker no doubt and TO, the player, can be very great...but TO, off the field, can be a major problem.

The media may inflate the issues, but he can only blame himself for that. He's had past instances where he has made things bigger than they need to be and they've ended poorly. He hasn't done enough to fix his image to help deflect those molehills turning into mountains of trouble.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #526
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is plenty I could say about this, but I don't want to go on a long-winded tangent about it. He is a playmaker no doubt and TO, the player, can be very great...but TO, off the field, can be a major problem.

The media may inflate the issues, but he can only blame himself for that. He's had past instances where he has made things bigger than they need to be and they've ended poorly. He hasn't done enough to fix his image to help deflect those molehills turning into mountains of trouble.
He has stayed quiet for 3/4ths of the season. Things obviously haven't changed in the way they get him involved.....except against low tier teams of course...

How pissed would you be to have 3 catches in a VERY important game? I'd be incredibly peed off.

Regarding the media--it's not just TO and his past. It's the Cowboys. Any story around the team makes big news. We're the most followed NFL team in the world. Things are definitely inflated more than they really are.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #527
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ty here. You can hate TO all you want, but the things he can do on the field are unquestioned. His work ethic is unquestioned. There is a reason why the other defense completely gears towards his side of the field each time they snap the ball. He needs the ball to contribute. Jordan was Jordan because he took every shot at the end of the game. Kobe is Kobe because he takes every shot in the game. Emmitt was Emmitt because he got every carry in the 4th quarter.

The sad thing about BSPN is that anything that comes out of TO's mouth, they are going to spin it into a story. BSPN has gotten to the point where they are making so much money, they can do whatever they want. They turn out stories out of their asses every single day, when all they need to do is give us the damn scores and update us on player movement and injuries. People relate BSPN to CNN or something, and that is fundemantally wrong.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #528
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
His work ethic is unquestioned.
Yup. This is why I love him so much, no matter what the media says.

He not only plays hiss ass off, but he also practices his ass off. He doesn't make excuses outside of the game.

Now if he were an idiot that thought he was too good for all that (and we've seen plenty of other superstars that have this mentality), then I would get on his case for it.

Fact is, the guy is a player come practice or game time.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #529
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

With that being said, no Plax no Jacobs. If Dallas loses, they don't deserve anything this year.

Contact Me
Old 12-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #530
BGMaverick9
Guru

Again, I don't dislike him as a player, I agree on everything that was said between you and alby about the work ethic and when it comes to game-time. I just dislike his off the field tactics.

As for the media and the fact it's the Cowboys, I agree on that...but what's the excuse for the Eagles and the 49ers?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-12-2008 at 04:00 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #531
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Again, I don't dislike him as a player, I just dislike his off the field tactics.

As for the media and the fact it's the Cowboys, I agree on that...but what's the excuse for the Eagles and the 49ers?
Can't fret on the past. History is history.

I guess guess it depends on your willingness to give him another chance and believe that he has changed.

The media obviously isn't giving him one and doesn't believe a bit of that. =/

Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #532
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Can't fret on the past. History is history.

I guess guess it depends on your willingness to give him another chance and believe that he has changed.

The media obviously isn't giving him one and doesn't believe a bit of that. =/
He can definitely try to change it though, I will agree again that the media isn't willing to tag along on that ride.

Though, based on his history...you can't exactly give him a long leash.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #533
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
He can definitely try to change it though, I will agree again that the media isn't willing to tag along on that ride.

Though, based on his history...you can't exactly give him a long leash.
Honestly, I don't think your opinion or mine really matters. There's only one remedy to all this BS.

Win.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #534
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #535
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think your opinion or mine really matters. There's only one remedy to all this BS.

Win.
Amen! Wine solves all of life's problems!

Ohhh... win

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-12-2008 at 05:27 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #536
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

Ohhh... win
Haha, my boss would love that...she's a big wine connoisseur.

And again, I agree ty.
The playoffs start Sunday, plain and simple.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #537
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
It definitely solves the problem of only ugly chicks wanting to date me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #538
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
It definitely solves the problem of only ugly chicks wanting to date me.
Hahahah, that is so...soo... sad...

Cheers bro.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #539
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Reindeer penis.
This needed to be quoted.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #540
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why?

I love TO.

Here's the problem with TO's whining.

1. He gets the ball thrown his way more than any other player on the team.
2. For a big guy, he really doesn't fight for the ball well. He needs to separate more than many other bigger receivers.. much moreso than a guy like Michael Irvin ever did...
3. For a big guy, he really doesn't do a great job of getting off the line of scrimmage.
4. You can't always trust him to finish routes. The first interception probably could have been prevented if TO just finishes the route. Instead, he gave up on it giving the Steelers an easy interception.

For a great receiver, he has a ton of warts ON the field and off. He does an amazing job once he catches the ball. But, at this stage of his career, he's just not doing as much to get open as he did in his younger years.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #541
FINtastic
Diamond Member

So apparently ESPN is now reporting that Witten and TO got into a confrontation on Friday.

And the wheels continue to come off...

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-13-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #542
BGMaverick9
Guru

He better not have called him a poopie-head...that would set ANYONE off.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #543
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I do love the "TO called Witten a name" part. Why do all these stories sound like they are describing a 3rd grade playground fight?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #544
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the wheels are coming off, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me that two guys exchanged words and had to be separated. I would think that happens all the time.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-13-2008 at 11:28 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #545
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

F...

Sounds like some guys need to just hug it out.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #546
ty
Diamond Member

"Hug it out, b*tch."

Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #547
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

27-17 Cowboys today. Book it.

The Giants are wilting at the right time. And the Cowboys will take advantage of an opportunity completely handed to them without any real effort. I see no reason that dallas can't make the super bowl. The NFC is ripe for the mediocre picking.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #548
alby
Guru

overblown

Contact Me
Old 12-14-2008, 03:56 AM   #549
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xSSSH0x1c

Old 12-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #550
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Anyone else find it a little cheap that Yahoo! is using this picture on the front page?

I mean I realize he's causing trouble within the locker room, but I don't know if I would go that far. . .

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-14-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 AM   #551
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

TO is a ninja!!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #552
alby
Guru

the media at its finest.

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #553
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Cowboys will never win the big games with Romo...
Silk Smoov - 1
D-M.com - 0

(kill me)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3