Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Easy Trade

Easy Trade. Works within the Salary Cap.

Mavs Trades:
Stackhouse
Van Horn

Boston Trades:
Paul Pierce
Raef LaFrentz

This assumes the Mavs waive Finley. Mavs do this deal to get a bonafide number 2 to play alongside Dirk. Trotting out Dirk/Pierce/JHo is very formidable and a great lineup. Boston does this deal to get rid of the 2 worst contracts they have on their roster. 1) waive Blount as a one-time exception and 2) pick up expiring contracts in Stackhouse and Van Horn in place of LaFrentz. They get a legitimate 2 guard to replace Pierce and a nice player who can replace Walker in case his contract demands are too ridiculous. Allows the Mavs to get a true legit backup 4/5 for Nowitzki and Dampier and allows the Mavs to send Mbenga and Pavel to the NBDL for seasoning.

Your lineup looks like this:

Terry/Harris
Pierce/Daniels/
Howard
Nowitzki/LaFrentz
Dampier/Pavel/Mbenga

Thoughts?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Easy Trade

Not enough to get PP.

Boston wants to dump Blount not Raef believe it or not.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Easy Trade

I'd want Raef's knee looked at real close by the medical staff, but if he passes inspection, I'd do it. Raef was as sorely abused and misued here as Bradley. With AJ and asking him to only be a backup I think that we could get good use out of him. Pierce is younger than stackhouse, bigger than stackhouse, and a much better 3pt shooter. I'd worry about his attitude, but the talent more than compensates for that IMO.

However, I have grave doubts that Cubes would ever pull the trigger on taking that much salary back after letting Nash and now Fin go for no talent in return just to save bucks. I have a feeling that if it ain't cheap, we won't be trading for it.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

There's no question I'd do this deal. I just don't see Boston doing it. I think they could get more for Pierce. That said, if you could make this move PLUS buy Memphis' pick and select Diogu:

Dampier - LaFrentz
Nowitzki - Diogu
Howard - Daniels
Pierce -
Terry - Harris

I like the looks of that quite a bit.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realgm or hoopshype have a link that said Boston was considering using the one-time waive on LaFrentz?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that this is the answer, but depending on Raef's knee, I would do it. I don't see Boston doing it though.

Also, no real instant offense 6th man.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
Not enough to get PP.

Boston wants to dump Blount not Raef believe it or not.
there's been talk in the boston media of shipping pierce off to portland for stoudamire and the #3 pick. don't see how the mavs are offering any less value in taking back raef's bloated contract. pierce and lafrentz (to some degree) are still movable pieces in this league. i think cuban sees the writing on the wall and understands at finley's current age and contract, he is virtually unmovable.

if the celtics really are intent on taking a PG in return, i begrudgingly send them terry. i probably then plan on spending my MLE on kidd (best case scenario), cassell, stoudamire, or jalen rose. or any of the other veteran luxury tax cuts come this summer.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I'm not sure that this is the answer, but depending on Raef's knee, I would do it. I don't see Boston doing it though.

Also, no real instant offense 6th man.
there are going to be a ton of veteran players available soon. how would jalen rose look as your instant offense off the mavs bench?

i'd say pretty damn good.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I just don't know about taking on Raefs contract.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
The waive Raef, keep Finley.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

If Boston is really shopping Pierce, they could get a lot more than KVH and Stackhouse I imagine. I know those are two big expirers, and they're looking to dump those contracts, but still. I'd be very shocked if Boston actually did that. I just think Pierce is too damn good for that move to work.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
The waive Raef, keep Finley.
Bingo. A Pierce/Fin rotation at SG would be unbelievable. I suppose there would still be a logjam at 2/3, but with KVH gone it wouldn't be so much of a problem because Marquis could splash Josh at 3.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:10 AM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Fin would never come off the bench.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:34 AM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
Fin would never come off the bench.
Nonsense. Finley may be stubborn but he's not stupid. If we had Paul Pierce on our team, I think he'd very well grasp that Pierce is a much better player.