Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-14-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Ratzinger as Drama Critic

Pope not much of a Potter fan, says writer

July 14 2005 at 08:33AM

Berlin - Pope Benedict believes Harry Potter books subtly seduce young readers, according to comments attributed to him by a German writer.

Gabriele Kuby, who has written a book called Harry Potter - Good or Evil, which attacks JK Rowling's best-selling series about the boy wizard, has published extracts from letters written to her by Benedict when he was a cardinal.

"It is good that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because these are subtle seductions which act unnoticed and, by this, deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly," Benedict wrote, according to the excerpt.

The sixth book in the series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, is expected to top the best-selling lists when it is published on Saturday. - Reuters

Off the record:

The pope thinks that the costumes for the faculty at Hogwarts are bland to the point of tastelessness, and did little to flatter the figure of Maggie Smith.

He also expressed an admiration for the realism and wholesomeness of shows such as American Idol and Fear Factor.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Ratzinger as Drama Critic

Well, I can honestly say I don't care what the Pope thinks when it comes to movies or books. Perhaps he should stick to selling indulgences.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Perhaps he should stick to selling indulgences.
Genius. (no offense to the Catholics on the board)
Old 07-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Ratzinger as Drama Critic

LMFAO @ Murph.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all
Default RE: Ratzinger as Drama Critic

They should put some more air-holes in that popemobile.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #6
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Murph makes me laugh always!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Well, I can honestly say I don't care what the Pope thinks when it comes to movies or books. Perhaps he should stick to selling indulgences.
It's good you found something you could be honest about... and sorry to disappoint you, but "Indulgences" aren't sold anymore, so you're going to have to seek atonement the same way everyone else does. No offense, but perhaps you should also "stick to" subjects you know something about.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a joke. I know that indulgences are no longer sold.

.....edited......
It was funny, but it's fun to hold back every once in awhile.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote