Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default NCAA Football '06 - Anyone else playing this?

God, I love this game. I think I've bought every version the last 5 years. Anyway, I'm loving it. Surely someone else can share in the excitement...
Old 07-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NCAA Football '06 - Anyone else playing this?

how is vince young and adrian peterson in the game.. im renting it tonight actually

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I like the addition of the playmakers for each team a lot. It makes it exciting on offense especially if you have a playmaker that is a Running back. Its also harder to stop the other team when on defense if they have multiple playmakers on the other side.
Ocelot, since you had previous years games did it take you time to get use to the changes of the controls? I eventually just changed it so that it was the same as it was in 2005. I dont know why EA felt they had to change it up.
Alby, both Young and Peterson start out as top Heisman canidates so they are both very good.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:58 AM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: NCAA Football '06 - Anyone else playing this?

Oh man...I did the same thing. I hate this year's controls. I played tons of 2005, so I just switched it to those controls. I really like the inseason recruiting...that's a cool touch. I haven't done a race for the heisman yet. I'll have to do that after my first dynasty season.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:37 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

BEST NCAA EVER! Freakin AWESOME.

6-2 in A&M Dynasty. Lost my last game at home vs Iowa State 31-21. Up next - @ #19 Tech, @ #8 Oklahoma, #13 Texas. Ouch!

alby, Vince Young is the best player in the game. Not sure about Peterson.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have NCAA 05, but I've barely opened it. I suppose I need to catch up with the times.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

NCAA 2005 was horrid. 2006 competes with 2004 as the best NCAA game ever.

Just beat Tech 22-21. @ #13 Oklahoma next.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Just won the Sugar Bowl earlier today. That was fun.

The best part of these games, to me, is always the recruiting. I love that stuff.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Great game. I rented it just to cool me down until Madden arrives. I just can't get down with players having fake names or no names at all. This is my first time ever playing the game though so i'm sure some of its fans of the previous titles are use to it now. But as far as the gameplay goes its great. It has the game of football down pact. I love how after one hit you can atleast break a tackle lol. Seems like in Madden you can't. I spent most of my time on the race for the Heisman feature which is also great. Hopefully Madden is the better game this year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Is he unstoppable like Vick in madden cause thats no fun

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I'm on my 4th year of my dynasty. All I ever do is play the ranked teams and simulate the unranked. So far I've won the SEC Championship 3 times, and the national champtionship 2 times. BUT, like I said earlier...recruiting is the best part for me. I spend hours a day at Rivals.com checking out videos/articles on high school recruits. So this gives me a chance to do the same thing. Unfortunately , I've hot a HUGE logjam at running back right now. I've got a senior that transferred to me (arkansas) that's a 95. I've got two 94 sophomores, a 93 junior, a 92 junior, and two 90 freshmen. In my first game this year, my top 3 guys each rushed for over 100 yards. The senior had over 200. It's so redicilous that I don't even have to throw the ball but 8-10 times a game.

Oh, I'm playing on all-american right now. After this season I'll bump it up another level. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

OH, and FFM - you can easily get the names of the current players onto the game. There are people that will load them onto a memory card for you, or you can mod ur xbox/playstation, or you can get an action replay. But regardless, just was gonna let you know that...if you're desparate enough...you can get the names.