Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-01-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Battle on the Brazos

It's on!!!!!

Baylor at Texas A&M.....Foxsports SW Game of the Week.

Sic 'em!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: The Battle on the Brazos

Texas A&M leads 7-3 at the half and is lucky to be doing so. The Bears are leading every statistical category at the half but the one that counts.....the score. I know that A&M is a very good second half team but I am proud of my Bears thus far. Great college football game. There have been too many penalties and we lost our best offensive lineman. Both teams had 2 turnovers. Bears d-line is really looking good. Even Francheemoanee had to admit it during his interview.

Enjoy the second half....Sic 'em Bears!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

BTW...to be fair, the A&M defense has looked much better too. They have been ripped in the press all week but to me they look pretty solid.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Seriously people....turn your televisions to FoxSports SW. This is a really good football game. The game is still up in the air and the A&M offense seems to have found some life.

Baylor - 10
Texas A&M - 7

Start of the fourth quarter.

Sic 'em Bears!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

holy crap... I just saw the bottom line during the Texas game.

Go Bears.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

4th and a little less than one yard for A&M. If they don't get this it is over. If they get it I am going to need blood pressure medicine.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Rats. McNeal made a good two yards.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Give A&M credit. That took some serious stones. If they hadn't made it we get the ball back on the 19 yard line. wow.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Holy Moley.....another overtime game?????

my heart is under stress.....ugh.

Sic 'em!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Battle on the Brazos

The decision by Morris to not win it in regulation was sickening.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

whatever murph. they were 70 yards away.

Here goes OT.

Rochon with HUGE run!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Field Goal Baylor....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

13-10 Bears

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Damn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

A&M wins 16-13.

Those Fighting Baylor Bears played a hell of a game.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I question letting the clock run out in regulation myself. Heartbreaking loss, but a heck of a game.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

If they go for it with 49 seconds left and they lose the ball they lose in regulation. The risk was very high. They were 70 yards away. Besides...that didn't decide this game. Baylor had 7 red zone opportunities and didn't execute when it mattered. They played a great game and took one of the best teams in the nation into overtime on their field.

Baylor has little to be ashamed of and just introduced themselves to the rest of the nation. That was a very good college football game. Unfortunately, A&M won the game.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #16
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Guy Morris played scared at the end of regulation and it came back to bite him in the ass. In the college game where the clock stops with every 1st down, 49 seconds is plenty of time to move the ball the 40 or 50 yards necessary to at least attempt a field goal. You're the underdog, why not be aggressive like you did last year going for 2 in OT?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
whatever murph. they were 70 yards away.

Here goes OT.

Rochon with HUGE run!!!!!!!!!!
They had around fifty seconds left with the ball on the 33. They needed around 35-37 yards to get in realistic FG territory. They had time and at least one timeout left. His decision makes you think that he thought that Baylor was actually SUPPOSED to beat A&M. As an underdog, you cannot let the clock run out in that situation.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I question letting the clock run out in regulation myself. Heartbreaking loss, but a heck of a game.
It was a great game. Baylor should have won. They didn't capitalize on numerous opportunities. Plus, their coach choked with a little less than a minute left in regulation. As an underdog, you have to go for the score especially after A&M had just marched down the field to tie the game finally looking as if they were getting their offense on track.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Your opininon. Nothing more. It's so nice having the advantage of hindsight to critique. Everyone out there who is a major college football coach, please raise your hand.

The Bears played very well and have nothing to be ashamed of. They played a very good football game. I'm neither happy nor satisfied with the loss but they played well. Again, this game was not lost in the last minute of regulation. It was lost by not executing in the red zone. That is the harsh reality of it.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Doc, you're making a fool out of yourself. But, I suppose you're getting used to that. We are.

I agree that the Bears have nothing to be ashamed of. But, that does not change the fact that their coach decided to let the clock run out on an opportunity to win the game...
Old 10-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

murph- you are being a dick again but I suppose your used to having that being pointed out. We all are.

Ignore the facts if you will. Your opinion is that they should have gone for it at the end of the game. A former NFL champion head coach of a major college disagrees with you. This game was lost because Baylor failed to execute in the redzone. Period.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

BTW...I will not take anything from A&M. Congrats to them for doing what was needed to win.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Coaches are capable of making brain dead decisions.

....please note Parcells decision to go for it 4th and 1 last week..
....Barry Switzer's going for it on 4th and 1 in his own territory is another infamous decision...
....Perhaps the Cowboy's trying to convert a 3rd and 1 earlier in the season with a bootleg featuring the always nimble Drew Bledsoe.

Yes, coaches do make mistakes. I'm just pointing out an obvious mistake. Get over it.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

You are just being a dick and trying to make it seem (yet again) that your opinion is the only one. It's not. Thanks for hi-jacking another thread with drivel. Your opinion is just that....an opinion. It isn't a fact no matter how many times you state it. Get over it yourself.

Coaches do make mistakes but Morris had this team ready and the only real deficiency I see was a lack of red zone execution.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

[ice breaker attempt]Wow!!!! Anyone watching this Alabama/Florida game? And what about the Sun Devils so far in the USC game?

[/ice breaker attempt]
Old 10-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

So, now you're willing to admit that it was a mistake? ...Good...

And check out the times....mine wasn't hindisight. I said that it was a mistake by Morris well before the game was decided.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
So, now you're willing to admit that it was a mistake? ...Good...

And check out the times....mine wasn't hindisight. I said that it was a mistake by Morris well before the game was decided.
No. I am not. You once again insist on being a dick. You once again have done it. Nothing indicates that it was a mistake. You saying it over and over like a broken record (I need to find that old gif again I guess) doesn't make it so. Congrats on being a dick. I know that is what you were going for so I will go ahead and confirm that one.

An oldie but a goodie......"Get off your high horse murph before you fall and break your ego."
Old 10-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

It is your right to question that move if you must but a former NFL champion who is a head coach of a major college with much more experience and knowledge than you disagreed. I'll go with the obvious professinal coach and not the professional dick on that one small point.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Doc, please do not play the victim. Read the thread and get back with me on when this became a personal thing. It's getting old. You treat people like a doormat whenever you choose regardless of whehter or not you're in the wrong or the right. Now, you're trying to reverse the whip by playing the victim.

You try to discredit my opinion with such intelligent remarks such as 'whatever murph'... and you tried the 'hindisght' bit even though I voiced my opinion well before the game was decided. And you knew this. You didn't have a leg to stand on, so you try to discredit me by making a 'hindsight' claim that you know is b.s.

Doc, others won't stand up to you, but I have absolutely no problem with doing so....
Old 10-01-2005, 04:12 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

That is so hilarious. The original d-m.com dickhead has the gall to make a post like that? pathetic. The fact remains that you try to state your opinions as fact all the time and they never are. The only thing that you've ever accomplished is being the #1 dick in d-m.com history. Your opinion is just that....an opinion. Period. Nothing more. You focus on the minutia and constantly ignore the obvious. You have posted the words "your opinion is wrong" a thousand times and you are not correct when you do. An opinion is not wrong. Stand up all you want. We all know the ass whupping I stuck on your overly fat ass a couple years ago. It might just be time for another. Thanks for holding the dick standard so high. Wannabe dicks everywhere look up to you.

Meanwhile, this thread should retrack to congratualting Texas A&M on doing what was needed to win. Baylor should have won but couldn't execute in the red zone. The Aggies did what was needed. Congrats to them. It was a very good college football game.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

So, deciding not to try and win the game in regulation is minutia?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Your words. That decision was made by a professional. You clearly do not have those credentials.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys guys, relax.

Doc, you know good and well you're not above stating your opinion as fact. There are hundreds of threads around here that show that to be true. You're also not above mocking those that do not agree with your opinions. So why the hate on Murph when he reverses the whip on you?

It was a great game, Baylor played very well. Don't get all in a tizzy because someone is criticizing a very questionable coaching decision.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Clean up the language please. Or take it to PM's.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

jthig- I have no problem for anyone stating opinion. But stating as fact as murph always does is ignorant.

Armchair QB'ing is a time honored tradition. Sadly, murph being an absolute dickhead is too.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Clean up the language please. Or take it to PM's.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

The fact of the matter is that I have no problem with second guessing the decision not to go for it. I do have a problem with murph insisting on that being a mistake and stating it as fact. It is not fact. It is opinion.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Guys guys, relax.

Doc, you know good and well you're not above stating your opinion as fact. There are hundreds of threads around here that show that to be true. You're also not above mocking those that do not agree with your opinions. So why the hate on Murph when he reverses the whip on you?

It was a great game, Baylor played very well. Don't get all in a tizzy because someone is criticizing a very questionable coaching decision.
Haven't you noticed over the past year or so that anytime you disagree with Doc it leads to personal attacks from him? You noticed that Doc went after me because I was the first person on here to question the decision. Also notice how his tune changed quickly after others started chiming in also questioning the decision. It went from me being wrong to me being a 'd*ck'.

And for the record doc, I will note that you are not a professional either anytime that you decide to question a coaches decision. I suppose you were OK with Quincy Carter as the QB of the Cowboys back a couple of years ago? We all certainly know that you didn't question him being the Cowboys QB. How could you? You're not a professional. Isn't that your line of reasoning with this decision by Morris? I'm not a professional so what do I know? Well, Doc, you can't have it both ways.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Hilarious. murph criticizing anyone is just pure irony. My opinion is just that murph....opinion. You fail to understand that when you share your opinion, but rather have constantly over the years insisted that yours was the only way. You are a dick. It's long established and accepted and I frankly see no need to debate that issue.

Now you try to play the victim murph? typical. I am not a professional coach and neither are you. Opinions are jsut that..opinions. In this case, a professional made a decision that you disagreed with. If you must second guess that decision please do. But I am very thankful that your ignorant butt isn't responsible for making any decisions that affect anyone and I very much am aware that your opinion is only that...an opinion. It is far from fact.

You have now ignored the theme of this thread multiple times and insist on focusing on one small point. The Aggies did what was needed to win. The Bears may very well should have won but they failed to execute on 5 trips in the red zone. That is likely why Baylor lost.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

Wow, are you actually willing to live by those rules? That would be a definite bonus to the board. Are you even willing to do so in the political forum? Does that mean that you're no longer going to call a member of the board deuce doo doo or whatever you call him?

You are unwilling to live by what you are preaching. That's fine..that's your own bit. But, just know that not everyone will back down to you.

For some reason, I just can't see the following occurring:

"FFM, in my opinion, Quincy Carter is not the QB of the future, but I do respect your opinion that he only needs a couple more weapons on the outside". "Thank you for sharing your opinion with me, and please note that what I say is only an opinion. It truly has been a pleasure. We should do this again sometime. Hey, what about same time and place next week? Would that work for you? Good. Let's just hope that Quincy proves me wrong until we chat again. Cheers!"