Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official GDT Ravens @ Cowboys (7:15PM CST)

Baltimore Ravens @ Dallas Cowboys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Info
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008
Time: 7:15 PM CST
TV: NFL Network, Local channel 33
(STATS LLC) -- Big games have been commonplace through the years at Texas Stadium, where the Dallas Cowboys have clinched five of their record eight NFC championships.

If they have any intention of making yet another trip to the Super Bowl this season, they'll almost certainly need to close their historic 38-year-old venue with a victory.

The Cowboys will say goodbye to their longtime home Saturday night against the Baltimore Ravens, whose first and last trip to Texas Stadium will feature a pair of teams desperate for a win to boost their playoff chances.

One of the NFL's most glamorous franchises continues to spend plenty of time in the limelight, with its performance on the field grabbing as many headlines as topics like the injury to star quarterback Tony Romo, another suspension to cornerback Adam Jones and a perceived feud between Romo, Jason Witten and the petulant Terrell Owens.

Somewhat under the radar has been the closing of Texas Stadium, which on Saturday will host its final game before Dallas (9-5) moves into a $1.3 billion facility in Arlington next season. The only way another game would be played there is if the Cowboys got the No. 5 seed in the playoffs and were to play the No. 6 seed in the NFC championship game.

If nothing else, the Cowboys haven't let their old venue go out quietly. After blowing a 10-point fourth-quarter lead in Pittsburgh on Dec. 7 that put the NFC East title out of reach, Dallas came home Sunday night and kept its wild card hopes very much alive, dominating the division champion New York Giants in a 20-8 victory.

Romo threw for 244 yards and two touchdowns, capping a tumultuous week in which Owens insinuated his quarterback was freezing him out of the offense and looking primarily for Witten.

"It's just part of playing football," Romo said after bouncing back from a four-turnover performance in Pittsburgh. "We have a lot of highly competitive individuals who want to win. I give a lot of credit to T.O. and Jason for drumming this whole thing up to take attention away."

Owens denied having a reported verbal confrontation with Witten in the days leading up to the game, but was all smiles after the win -- despite being heavily booed by Dallas fans before and during the victory.

"It was just something we had to deal with," said Owens, who has totaled six catches the past two weeks. "We just stuck together. We knew what was important and that was the game today.

"Winning cures everything."

With two more, Dallas can ensure it will be in the postseason, but a loss Saturday may cripple its chances. Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Atlanta also are in the hunt for one of the NFC's two wild card spots, and a road game against the Eagles looms in Week 17.

The Cowboys have had to face two of the NFL's top six defenses in their past two games, and it's not about to get any easier. Baltimore (9-5) has the league's second-ranked total defense (257.5 yards per game) and third-ranked scoring defense (15.2 ppg).

The Ravens spent most of last Sunday afternoon shutting down the Steelers offense, but on the drive that mattered most, they couldn't. Pittsburgh drove 92 yards in 13 plays for a touchdown with 43 seconds left to win 13-9 and wrap up the AFC North.

"All game they didn't make plays," Pro Bowl linebacker Ray Lewis said. "One drive they did."

The bigger concern aside from one bad series for Baltimore's defense was the disappearance of its offense all afternoon. While the Ravens were winning seven of eight games from Oct. 19-Dec. 7, they led the league with 29.8 points per game and topped 350 total yards four times.

On Sunday, though, they mustered a season-low 202 and got a rare poor performance from rookie Joe Flacco. The Delaware product was the AFC's second-highest rated passer during Baltimore's hot streak, but he had his worst game as a pro on Sunday, going 11-of-28 for 115 yards and two interceptions.

"We'll be fine," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Like Dallas, if Baltimore wins out it will be guaranteed one of its conference's two wild card spots.

Bouncing back against the Cowboys will be quite a challenge for Flacco and the Ravens, however. Dallas has a league-high 53 sacks, led by 19 from Pro Bowl linebacker DeMarcus Ware, who is 3 1/2 shy of tying Michael Strahan's single-season record.

Ware tormented Giants quarterback Eli Manning all night on Sunday, sacking him three times.

"He's going to draw a lot of double teams, a lot of chips and all that stuff," Dallas coach Wade Phillips said. "But he continues to come through. ... I think it's outstanding that he's gotten to this point even threatening the record."

Dallas has had 20 sacks over its past three games and forced nine turnovers.

The Cowboys will certainly have a challenge running against a Baltimore defense that's only let one opponent run for more than 100 yards. Marion Barber missed the Pittsburgh game with a dislocated toe, then totaled two yards on eight carries against the Giants.

Fortunately for Dallas, rookie Tashard Choice has looked great filling in. Choice had 166 all-purpose yards against the Steelers and followed with 143 and a touchdown versus the Giants.

"Tashard coming in really picked us up again," Phillips said. "He's a really valuable player for us and he's done that the last couple games."

Jones returned to practice Wednesday and is expected to play Saturday, both at cornerback and returning kicks, after having missed only one game with a neck injury.

The Cowboys and Ravens have played twice previously, each in Baltimore. The Ravens won both meetings, most recently a 30-10 victory in 2004

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-20-2008 at 08:21 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Stadium's Significance Not Lost On Cowboys

IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys thoroughly understand the importance of Saturday night's game at Texas Stadium.

Win, and they inch closer to that most coveted playoff berth in the NFC, and with a lot of help could possibly even clinch that wild-card spot with one game to play.

But they also realize more than 63,000 people will converge on Texas Stadium for this nationally-televised cable television broadcast on NFL Network with ulterior emotions involved - the last regular-season game, and most likely last game to be played here in the 38-season history of the stadium.

The Cowboys will be moving into their new stadium currently under construction in Arlington, Texas, for the start of the 2009 season. Since the team is unlikely to play a home playoff game even if they qualify as a wild-card team, this is it - unless they advance to the NFC title game as the first-seeded wild-card team against the second-seeded wild-card team. Only then would they play again at the stadium.

And while many of these current Cowboys do not have the same lasting memories as those who have come before them, the meaning of this final game played at the stadium, which became home to the Cowboys during the 1971 season, has not been lost on them.

They know, and that includes the 28-year-old quarterback.

"There's so much tradition, and so many great things that have happened in that stadium, it's kind of neat to sit back and think about some of the things that you've watched or seen. Just how many big games, or different great players who have been in situations makes you think how proud you are to be part of the organization," Romo said.

"I know the fans are going to be excited, I know the players will be excited and obviously the organization is behind it, so from that perspective, we'd like to send it out on the right note."

Romo is not alone, so let's check in with some of the other players and coaches on this team, some having been here for just a few seasons and some for quite some time, but all leaving Saturday night when the lights are turned off for the final time with a vivid memory of what will be the 313th game the Cowboys have played at Texas Stadium.

WR Terrell Owens: "I'm part of history, and obviously it's the last game here at Texas Stadium. That stadium holds a lot of memories, and I'm pretty sure each fan will hold something different. We're going to try to win to make it that much more of a special day."

C Andre Gurode: "Besides winning the Big 12 Championship there in college (Colorado), the other memory that stands out to me in Texas Stadium is Deion Sanders trying to shake Jerry Rice's hand at the 40-yard line. He reached over and tried to shake his hand before the play and then Jerry beat him on a slant, so I'll have to talk to Deion about that play."

TE Jason Witten: "There's been a lot of history there, lot of great players and great teams that played in there. To be able to be a part of that is something I'll remember for a long time.

(Best memory) "Probably my first game. I think you know about it all and you hear about the history and the open stadium and all that stuff, but just as far as the experience of playing for America's Team, that's something you'll always remember."

S Pat Watkins: "The blocked field goal, that's my favorite one (vs. Minnesota in 2007), so thank you to Chris Canty by the way for the blocked field goal (that he recovered and returned for a 68-yard touchdown). But yeah, that's my favorite. Of course, my first NFL touchdown was in Texas Stadium, so it's going to be a memory I'll take with me forever."

WR Roy Williams: "It's my 27th birthday, so I hope it's special for everybody and hopefully we can get a win. If we lose the last game in Texas Stadium it's going to haunt a lot of people for a long time. My first touchdown here as a Dallas Cowboy. I scored here before with Detroit and in high school, but never with the star on the side of my helmet, so I think that's my favorite memory."

Secondary coach Dave Campo: "I'd have to say Emmitt (becoming the NFL's all-time leading rusher). Being a part of history I think is something that would excite anybody. And Emmitt is such a great person and going through the struggles that we did, that he did that at the end of his career here, for him to be able to get that honor and for me to be part of it was special to me."

QB Tony Romo: "It will be very important to the organization and to the fans. We're going into it, obviously, hoping not to end anything on a sour note at the stadium that's got so many great memories. It's been an inspiration to many of those young guys who have come in to play here to look at the tradition and see what players have (done), where certain people were at this point or did this here, and it's just really exciting when you look at it."

Head coach Wade Phillips: "I think the final game certainly in Texas Stadium, it's historical. I'm old enough to appreciate something historical. These young guys - I've seen a lot of history so I place more value on it probably. I think it's a great stadium and all it stands for and all the games that have been played there and all the coaches and players and fans that have been there, I think it's a special game . . . I think it will be fun to see all those people and kind of remember they blazed a trail for us."
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on the fence about this game. Very big games for both teams but even more so for the boys because it's the last one at Texas stadium.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The Ravens won't know what hit them.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I pray for victory.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

17-9 Cowboys.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Cowboys win this one handily.

And if they don't....uggg.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Romo to TO please.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

anyone know a link to watch the game online?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
anyone know a link to watch the game online?
They're going to show it on NFL.com. Although I think they cut to and from the game at times. I dont' think they'll show you the whole game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heading out now to beat the rush. Look for me on the front row around the 10 with a number 70 jersey on .
Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see the Cowboys losing, I see them either winning a major grind it out game like Pittsburgh (just winning this time) or they just dominate on both offensively and defensively.

There is more pressure on the Cowboys to win, so the urgency SHOULD be there more. They really can't afford to lose, where Baltimore somewhat has a cushion. They hold the tiebreakers vs their fellow Wild Card competitors so, they just need some help if they lost tonight...they won't be out of it. I would say we're pretty much dead and done if we lose tonight.

They've gotta see the importance of this game on multiple levels...the playoff chase, the history of Texas Stadium. They've gotta send it out in style.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Romo to T.O. for the Game Winner...T.O. runs out the Star to celebrate, joined by Romo and Witten!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I wont even say it, but you all know that was just a very stupid pass by Romo.....
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt it was...you can't let it stay up in the air with ballhawks like Reed.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #16
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

encouraging to see a little running game early.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #17
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
encouraging to see a little running game early.
We need to see the running game early and often...We need a couple of quick slants to T.O. as well to get him going. Hopefully we dont see any dumb as trick plays to get T.O. the ball. I dont mind what I see now, because if we can playing like this we wont have any turnovers and I think the Ravens offense is just not going to score enough to beat the Cowboys defense.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-20-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #18
BGMaverick9
Guru

It looks like Romo could take a big beating tonight. The coverages are going to mix him up and he can't afford to just loft a pass up, and they'll adjust to the screen plays, so he's going to have to throw it away quick or take a sack.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

What an awesome defensive rush!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

These QBs are going to be jumpy tonight, they know these boys are really out for their heads.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #21
Silk Smoov
Banned

Flaaco is doing a nice job of managing the game even with all the pressure from our defense.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How was that last Flacco "tuck" not intentional grounding? Or did they call it that and I missed it?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Once again another piss poor as throw by Romo...He just makes the dumbest plays at the wrong times of the game. We were driving and he just lobs the ball up for Ed again...Just plain dumb...
Old 12-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #24
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Once again another piss poor as throw by Romo...He just makes the dumbest plays at the wrong times of the game. We were driving and he just lobs the ball up for Ed again...Just plain dumb...
The read was perfect. TO had whoever was guarding him beat. The ball lobbed in the air is why it was INT'd.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #25
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

just start waching, come on cowboys
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
The read was perfect. TO had whoever was guarding him beat. The ball lobbed in the air is why it was INT'd.
Yes it was a good read and T.O. beat his man, but the execution of getting the ball to the open man goes to Romo and he once again decided to lob the ball up for grabs...Oh yeah, I 4got to say both times the ball was lobbed up for grabs...

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-20-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
How was that last Flacco "tuck" not intentional grounding? Or did they call it that and I missed it?

I have no idea. They didn't call it. Cowboys probably felt it wasn't worth challenging anyway with only 1 challenge.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Yes it was a good read and T.O. beat his man, but the execution of getting the ball to the open man goes to Romo and he once again decided to lob the ball up for grabs...Oh yeah, I 4got to say both times the ball was lobbed up for grabs...

He's been lobbing them lately for whatever reason. I wish he'd lob them to Roy Williams if he's going to do it. I missed the beginning of the game though. I heard on the radio the pass was to Roy but not sure how the throw was.

I'm going to be pissed if we lose this game with 7 points. That's ridiculous.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Tony's been off throwing the ball imo since about the 5th, 6th game of the season. He's just tossing up junk right now. Of course it would be nice if TO would look back before the ball is there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

I like the way Columbo seems to be the first guy to meet the running back after the play... almost every time.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #31
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
He's been lobbing them lately for whatever reason. I wish he'd lob them to Roy Williams if he's going to do it. I missed the beginning of the game though. I heard on the radio the pass was to Roy but not sure how the throw was.

I'm going to be pissed if we lose this game with 7 points. That's ridiculous.
Yes, the 1st INT was meant for Roy, but it was nowhere near Roy and was just lobbed up for Ed Reed. It was worser than the pick you saw. It was horrible. Romo should have just ran the ball for the 1st down and made that decision to get the first down right after being wide open to get the first down. What does he do? He looks to erase all of his mistakes by looking for the homerun pass, and then the lane closed to get the first down..Now the fans are booing him for his play on the field today...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #32
Silk Smoov
Banned

The Cowboys defense will eventually wear down playing at this high level and the offense not extending the plays with first downs..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #33
Silk Smoov
Banned

Great offensive call by the Ravens..Lets continue to see Garrett not give us anything on offense. Look to see some type of trick play from the Garrett..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

Another bad pass by Romo for a sure TD by Austin. That was not even a lob as well so we cant say he is hurting because he really threw it, but do not hit his target...This is looking very bad for Romo and Garrett..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #35
Silk Smoov
Banned

You have to be kidding me..Hamlin did not get that ball. That defense really needed that. That was just terrible. How fitting for the Cowboys...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #36
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Not getting any breaks...AT ALL.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #37
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

This is us getting outcoached out the ass.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

I don't think that Phillips can be the offensive and special teams co-ordinator too. Sheesh...this bunch looks like they are playing not to lose.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #39
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
This is us getting outcoached out the ass.
What a great call by the Ravens. Once again we see what kind of coaching we have. We are getting outcoached and outplayed on offense, and Flacco is outplaying Romo..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #40
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

This defense can't be that good. There's gotta be something open, SOMEWHERE.