Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: What is your preference?
CJ walks, Feliz to rotation, Fielder signed, Yu signed, Ogando closes, $$$$$ 2 22.22%
CJ walks, Ogando to Rotation, Fielder signed, Yu signed, Feliz closes, $$$$$ 0 0%
CJ walks, Feliz to rotation, Feldman/X to rotation, Fielder signed, Ogando closes, $$$ 0 0%
Resign CJ, sign Yu, keep Moreland, Ogando setup man, Feliz closes, $$$$ 1 11.11%
Resign CJ, Feliz to rotation, Fielder signed, Ogando closes $$$$ 1 11.11%
Resign CJ, Ogando to rotation, Fielder signed, Feliz closes $$$$ 0 0%
Safe mode (resign CJ, Ogando/Feliz to rotation, keep Moreland, Ogando/Feliz closes, status quo) $$ 0 0%
Yankee mode (resign CJ, Yu signed, Fielder signed and going for it all in 2012) $$$$$$$ 0 0%
Complete whiff (CJ walks, no Fielder, no Yu and all internal upgrades) 1 11.11%
OTHER (provide description below) 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Isnt it more important to sign Andrus, Cruz, Feliz, Hamilton and co. to longer contracts? Those guys are grossly underpaid. Fielder is an overhyped overweight 1st baseman. Pujols may go down as the worst signing in the history of MLB. CJ is going to make ridiculous money as well. On top if it all, apparently it is going to top $125 million to get Darvish.

Does Texas really want to spend that kind of money on a pitcher that has never played in the MLB? Look at the history of Japanese pitchers, not a good conversion rate. Add in that Darvish wasnt even the best pitcher (ERA) in Japanese league this year. I think the Rangers will concentrate on signing what they have until a more realistic, non-overhyped prospect comes along.
15Mil per year is not ridiculous money for CJ. Signing Hamilton long term is the kind of contract that can turn ugly in a hurry.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

I would like to thank CJ...thank you for being a Type A free agent, and giving us a nice draft pick by ditching us. We essentially traded you for a player who will end up being much better than you. Later!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #43
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
I would like to thank CJ...thank you for being a Type A free agent, and giving us a nice draft pick by ditching us. We essentially traded you for a player who will end up being much better than you. Later!
Sauce? What kind of a pick did we get
Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
This is stupid, and we're getting a second round pick because they also signed Pujols.

And a sandwich pick, obviously.

Do you have any idea how astronomical the odds are that a second round pick (or hell a first round pick) will end up "much" better than CJ Wilson? Just a really stupid comment to make.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Expecting Feliz to step into the rotation and do what CJ has done the past two seasons is simply not realistic.
So expecting a relief pitcher with tremendous stuff to enter the rotation and pitch like a relief pitcher that entered the rotation is unrealistic?

Seriously?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #46
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
So expecting a relief pitcher with tremendous stuff to enter the rotation and pitch like a relief pitcher that entered the rotation is unrealistic?

Seriously?
I didn't realize all relief pitchers were the same.

And beyond that, it was unrealistic to expect CJ to do what he did. Expecting it to happen again, with a pitcher that has a much less developed pitch selection would seem exceedingly hopeful.

I'm not saying it can't happen, just that's unrealistic to *expect* it to happen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is stupid, and we're getting a second round pick because they also signed Pujols.

And a sandwich pick, obviously.

Do you have any idea how astronomical the odds are that a second round pick (or hell a first round pick) will end up "much" better than CJ Wilson? Just a really stupid comment to make.
Calm your little happy ass down. CJ will hurt us, but the fucker was useless in the playoffs. Maybe we don't get to the playoffs without him, but it was said we wouldn't get to the playoffs without Cliff Lee.

I absolutely do not believe it was stupid not to sign CJ. I just don't. JD and Nolan know a HELL of a lot more about this roster's needs and CJ's value than you or I do. Sure do hope they get Fielder/Yu and will be disappointed like you are now if that doesn't happen, but I will trust in the men that helped lead us to two straight WS appearances.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I didn't realize all relief pitchers were the same.

And beyond that, it was unrealistic to expect CJ to do what he did. Expecting it to happen again, with a pitcher that has a much less developed pitch selection would seem exceedingly hopeful.

I'm not saying it can't happen, just that's unrealistic to *expect* it to happen.
So you think Feliz doesn't even have 16-7 potential with an ERA just under 3? That shit is unrealistic for his ability? That's what you are telling me?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
So you think Feliz doesn't even have 16-7 potential with an ERA just under 3? That shit is unrealistic for his ability? That's what you are telling me?
Expecting it *this season* is unrealistic, yes. In my opinion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Calm your little happy ass down. CJ will hurt us, but the fucker was useless in the playoffs. Maybe we don't get to the playoffs without him, but it was said we wouldn't get to the playoffs without Cliff Lee.

I absolutely do not believe it was stupid not to sign CJ. I just don't. JD and Nolan know a HELL of a lot more about this roster's needs and CJ's value than you or I do. Sure do hope they get Fielder/Yu and will be disappointed like you are now if that doesn't happen, but I will trust in the men that helped lead us to two straight WS appearances.
So your position is that CJ is going to be useless in the playoffs for his entire career?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #51
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
So your position is that CJ is going to be useless in the playoffs for his entire career?
*waits patiently to throw Cliff Lee's 2011 postseason in Dan's face*

You know, the funny thing about all of this is your intelligence, calm demeanor and overall attitude about the Mavericks not overpaying for Tyson Chandler - a guy that absolutely earned his money and did everything his team could have asked of him to help lead us to a championship.

YET THEN, for a guy that has been absolutely HORRIBLE when it matters for this team, all the while having a terrible attitude and a RedJay-like inability to accept his faults, you back him and say our front office (who has led this team to back to back WS appearances with a GM rated #2 in all of baseball by his peers) is stupid for not stepping up to the plate and overpaying him.

I swear, you are siding with Cuban and failing to see the vision of Daniels. Let me just say I comfortably sit on the opposite sides of both discussions and feel like the company I am keeping is a bit smarter than the company you keep.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-08-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
*waits patiently to throw Cliff Lee's 2011 postseason in Dan's face*

You know, the funny thing about all of this is your intelligence, calm demeanor and overall attitude about the Mavericks not overpaying for Tyson Chandler - a guy that absolutely earned his money and did everything his team could have asked of him to help lead us to a championship.

YET THEN, for a guy that has been absolutely HORRIBLE when it matters for this team, all the while having a terrible attitude and a RedJay-like inability to accept his faults, you back him and say our front office (who has led this team to back to back WS appearances with a GM rated #2 in all of baseball by his peers) is stupid for not stepping up to the plate and overpaying him.

I swear, you are siding with Cuban and failing to see the vision of Daniels. Let me just say I comfortably sit on the opposite sides of both discussions and feel like the company I am keeping is a bit smarter than the company you keep.
See, I don't agree that CJ had a bad attitude. Everything you hear about that guy is how hard he works, how much he does to keep in shape, and how often he talks to anyone that will stand it about baseball. I don't care about his persona in the media, fueled by people that fawn over Michael Young. CJ didn't have the perfect attitude but I don't think he had a bad one either.

The difference in the situations is two-fold:

1. Tyson is going to get overpaid. CJ did not get overpaid, just based on the going rate for starting pitching.

2. There are completely different rules in place in the NBA.

I do trust the Ranger front office. I've been a JD fan since long before it was cool. I've criticized him and I've praised him and I've been right and wrong both ways. In this instance I think they got it wrong. We'll see.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 12-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Expecting it *this season* is unrealistic, yes. In my opinion.
Lord knows I have been proven wrong before, but I just do NOT see this kid having an ERA above 3 and I do NOT see this kid winning less than 15 games next year - barring injury of course.

Fing Harrison practically did as much. Sheesh.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #54
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
See, I don't agree that CJ had a bad attitude.

Wow.

Everything you hear about that guy is how hard he works, how much he does to keep in shape, and how often he talks to anyone that will stand it about baseball. I don't care about his persona in the media, fueled by people that fawn over Michael Young. CJ didn't have the perfect attitude but I don't think he had a bad one either.

LOL - no, he had a HORRIBLE attitude and he NEVER would own up to failing - it was always someone else's fault or he tried to brush it under the rug - again, just like Red Jay

The difference in the situations is two-fold:

1. Tyson is going to get overpaid. CJ did not get overpaid, just based on the going rate for starting pitching.

Bull shit. The going rate for Centers IS overpaid. The going rate for Starting Pitchers IS overpaid. Both REQUIRE to be overpaid. Look at Damp. Look at Haywood. BOTH - overpaid.

2. There are completely different rules in place in the NBA.

But limitations all the same. We still have a cap - regardless if it is hard or soft or nothing, the owners will only spend so much. You don't bust your nutt on a jack ass that can't get it done when it matters

I do trust the Ranger front office. I've been a JD fan since long before it was cool. I've criticized him and I've praised him and I've been right and wrong both ways. In this instance I think they got it wrong. We'll see.

Disagree - but yeah, we shall see. The thing that really does piss me off is the fact that he goes to LA. That sucks.
Above.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Not "owning up" to the media is not a bad attitude, be it Garret or CJ. Like it or not, they don't owe the media or us fans an explanation on anything. If he throws teammates under the bus behind closed doors then that's a different matter, but we don't have any evidence to support that.

By all accounts CJ has a fanatical worth ethic and is always trying to get better. That's what matters in regards to attitude.

Yes eventually both teams have budgets but the NBA restricts your ability to acquire talent in both free agency and trades if you're over certain salary thresholds. In MLB you can simply write off a contract as a loss and move on. In the NBA you can write it off all you want but you're still crippled in player acquisition.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #56
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Fielder would be a terrible signing. The guy is 75-100 pounds overweight and would want a 10 year deal. His father was the same way and became useless because of his weight around age 30.

To chime in on the CJ thing - I think he will improve. You cant get better post-season experience than what the Rangers gave him.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 12-08-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #57
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fielder would be a terrible signing. The guy is 75-100 pounds overweight and would want a 10 year deal. His father was the same way and became useless because of his weight around age 30.
Jesus Christ - no he wouldn't. Stop it. STOP.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #58
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not "owning up" to the media is not a bad attitude, be it Garret or CJ. Like it or not, they don't owe the media or us fans an explanation on anything. If he throws teammates under the bus behind closed doors then that's a different matter, but we don't have any evidence to support that.

By all accounts CJ has a fanatical worth ethic and is always trying to get better. That's what matters in regards to attitude.

Yes eventually both teams have budgets but the NBA restricts your ability to acquire talent in both free agency and trades if you're over certain salary thresholds. In MLB you can simply write off a contract as a loss and move on. In the NBA you can write it off all you want but you're still crippled in player acquisition.
Stop dancing around semantics - the guy is a dick, has no balls and is STUPID (based solely on the way he pitches - might be quite bright). He wins games, sure, because he is a talented pitcher, but not a guy I want to pay this much money to for this many years with other available options on the table.

I won't go so far as to say I am glad he is off the team right now, but if this leads to signing Yu, I am officially glad he is off the team. The ONLY negative in this is that he goes to LA and bolsters their rotation. They really are stacked.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #59
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Stop dancing around semantics - the guy is a dick, has no balls and is STUPID (based solely on the way he pitches - might be quite bright). He wins games, sure, because he is a talented pitcher, but not a guy I want to pay this much money to for this many years with other available options on the table.

I won't go so far as to say I am glad he is off the team right now, but if this leads to signing Yu, I am officially glad he is off the team. The ONLY negative in this is that he goes to LA and bolsters their rotation. They really are stacked.
Ok

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #60
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok
The smartest thing you've said today.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #61
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Jesus Christ - no he wouldn't. Stop it. STOP.
Which part 'wouldn't he'? The part about a 10 year contract or the part about him being 100 pounds over weight.

If he signs a 5 or 6 year deal? Hey all aboard baby bring him in. He's going to want 10 and 200

Last edited by Ninkobei; 12-08-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #62
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Which part 'wouldn't he'? The part about a 10 year contract or the part about him being 100 pounds over weight.

If he signs a 5 or 6 year deal? Hey all aboard baby bring him in. He's going to want 10 and 200
My "no he wouldn't" is referring to you thinking he would be a terrible signing. He can want all day long, but I doubt he gets that. Not even with Miami.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #63
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Talking

Quote:
My "no he wouldn't" is referring to you thinking he would be a terrible signing. He can want all day long, but I doubt he gets that. Not even with Miami.
I'll be willing to wager that he gets an 8 year+ deal. What kind of cash do you want to throw down on it?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

He's going to be wanting, at the very least, a 7-8 year deal worth about $25 mil per. Pujols and Ryan Howard both got contracts like that, and he's younger than both of them. Scott Boras is his agent too, just saying.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #65
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Also, considering that Buehrle got 4/58, 5/75 for CJ is very reasonable.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #66
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh.

On a side note the angels have 145 million or so in contracts to 12 players.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #67
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll be willing to wager that he gets an 8 year+ deal. What kind of cash do you want to throw down on it?
You said 10. 8 is not 10. Want to bet on 10?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #68
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Ugh.

On a side note the angels have 145 million or so in contracts to 12 players.
If they have decided to go complete-Yankee mode not sure it matters too much.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
Also, considering that Buehrle got 4/58, 5/75 for CJ is very reasonable.
Both got overpaid.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they have decided to go complete-Yankee mode not sure it matters too much.
Their new tv deal makes it pretty easy for them to do so
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #71
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Their new tv deal makes it pretty easy for them to do so
any idea how much that deal was for?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #72
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
any idea how much that deal was for?
150 mil a year according to the reports iv read. So basically double ours
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #73
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
150 mil a year according to the reports iv read. So basically double ours
Damn thats pretty lame. Tough to compete with someone making so much more money per year. Oh well I like having underdog status as a ranger fan.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
JeffPassan Jeff Passan
The Texas Rangers have won the posting auction of Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish with a record $51.7M bid, sources tell Yahoo! Sports
Holy crap.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #75
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #76
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You will all see! STUD pitcher and a true ace. Get pumped Ranger fans. This is HUGE! No way JD doesn't get him signed - we love the guy. 3 of 4 major steps wanted are done (Feliz to Rotation, CJ walks, Yu brought in)... Now for Fielder!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #77
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Ninja. That is all.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

DAMN. Didn't see that coming. Hope you are right, Dan, and it works!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #79
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

im not sold on the YU guy. somebody convince me that paying a prospect 50mil bid, most likely a long contract for 100mil is a good deal for a guy who has never played in the MLB???
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
im not sold on the YU guy. somebody convince me that paying a prospect 50mil bid, most likely a long contract for 100mil is a good deal for a guy who has never played in the MLB???
You make it sound like he's just learning to pitch. If you were the Indianapolis Colts, would you even stop to observe that Andrew Luck has never played in the NFL?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free agency, offseason, rangers, texas, trade