Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #121
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how many one and done seasons we have to have before some folks change their mind? I expect 9/11 times a million.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-14-2012 at 09:17 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #122
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
This ^ personally I am not one of those that thinks bringing back the band would have had us winning it all. I am just one those that thinks Dirk + Chandler is a great combo. Could there be others? Maybe. Can we get them here? Maybe. Did Tyson offer to stay? Hell yes. Mine is a one in the hand two in the bush sort of argument. I towed the line at the time when we let them all go and understand the Cuban CBA thoughts. But looking back I kinda wish we paid that man his money (just Chandler not the rest). Now we have to scratch to get another big man to play some hard D behind Dirk.
Yea but at his price...10 to 11 mill for Chandler sounds good but Chandler wanted close to 15 mill a season and there's no way he's worth that, I think one of the reasons Chandler was mad at the Mavs for not keep him was because he thought Cuban would overpay to keep him but didn't and let him walk. I miss that Dirk and Chandler combo also but Chandler was asking for Superstar money.

Last edited by Thomas86; 08-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #123
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
That PG duo is terrible. Kidd only drives into the paint when he has a few tequila shots in him
I assume you mean the paint coating the local Hamptons cable pole.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #124
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Nicely done
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #125
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Yea but at his price...10 to 11 mill for Chandler sounds good but Chandler wanted close to 15 mill a season and there's no way he's worth that, I think one of the reasons Chandler was mad at the Mavs for not keep him was because he thought Cuban would overpay to keep him but didn't and let him walk. I miss that Dirk and Chandler combo also but Chandler was asking for Superstar money.
I don't remember him being mad at the Mavs, at least not publicly. Maybe I didn't catch the statements that suggested he was mad.

It would have been interesting to see how he would have reacted to an offer in the neighborhood of 5/60--less money per year than in New York, yet the biggest amount of money overall due to the additional year that only we could have offered. Then again, it's idle to speculate now (or six months ago for that matter). That ship has sailed.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #126
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #127
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
“He never called to thank me for helping his team win the title, or wish me luck, after I decided to sign here,’’ Knicks center Tyson Chandler said the other night in Washington, after the preseason opener. “I thought he would call me, but he never did.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...sEnabled=false

Chandler is all the way in New York and still has the Mavs on his mind...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dad joke of the week, dm.com cuban cock suckers, echo chamber members only, look at me i'm murphy3!, my ass bleeds for tyson, trailertrash