Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 01-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #121
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Whoever takes it over, send me an email with your paypal account info.

send it to: rdmdarr@gmail.com

I will send you the $800 through paypal to keep it going another year.

Richard

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!

Last edited by Ummmmm Ok; 01-27-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #122
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummmmm Ok View Post
Whoever takes it over, send me an email with your paypal account info.

send it to: rdmdarr@gmail.com

I will send you the $800 through paypal to keep it going another year.

Richard

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #123
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
I've put in tens of thousands of dollars along with countless hours of my time into this site over the last 15+ years. And yet here you are, with your <1 post/week average, somehow thinking as if you have the right to call me out and demand that I simply hand it over? Deciding to close the site after years of significant decline was an extremely difficult decision for me, but one I sure has hell don't need to defend or justify to you. I'll definitely miss a lot of the longstanding members here, especially those who have been here since the very beginning, but entitled trolls like you? Yea not so much.
You tell him!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #124
jvjv

jvjv is on a distinguished road

SAD. I was finally able to login today for the first time since joining....then walk into this...
jvjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #125
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Just now saw this. Really sad. I hope this little community continues to live on in some way. It's been part of my life for more than a decade now, and even though I haven't been active lately, it still has a special place in my heart.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #126
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

also sad to hear this news...and went through the trouble of figuring out how to login to my old aol account so i could retrieve the password and login here to actually post. although i haven't posted in a long time, i've been a regular reader the past several years. sad to watch as traffic has declined, and even sadder that this community will go away. will always have good memories from this place.

djb - you are 100% justified in making whatever decision you do. thank you for creating and sustaining this community, which has some of the most intelligent sports discussion anywhere on the web.

and if there is some sort of movement to crowd-fund and keep d-m going, i will certainly contribute.

Last edited by Mandyahl; 01-27-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Mandyahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:27 PM   #127
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyahl View Post
and if there is some some sort of movement to crowd-fund and keep d-m going, i will certainly contribute.
+1... Given the responses in this thread, it looks like money is the one obstacle we can easily overcome -- but I understand there's more to it than that.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:53 AM   #128
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

Shame, what a hell of a ride it was though!

@djb: thx funding and maintaining the forums for all these years!

Last edited by conjurer; 01-28-2016 at 03:56 AM.
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #129
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Sad to hear, will miss this place for sure. Many intelligent and civil minds here, and I have noticed the decline of active members over the years.

The only Mavs & NBA forum that I participate in, even if it's just to read, wouldn't know where to go now, been here quite a while, was lurking for 2 years here before I even joined.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #130
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Mandyahl, good to see you.. it's been a long time..
and ummmmOK.. I'd be more than willing to help out

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-28-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #131
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the memories. Was a lurker for awhile until I finally made an account in 2011 because I couldnt talk to anyone at home about the Mavs.

Twitter sucks but I enjoy reading what others say. Dont post much during games on there.

No hard feelings on it getting shut down. Sounds like theres way more to it than the money and Im not in the owner's shoes.

Hopefully we find a spot to continue this forum in some capacity.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #132
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Long-time lurker here. Still hoping for a positive turn of events.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #133
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Was a lurker for awhile until I finally made an account in 2011 because I couldnt talk to anyone at home about the Mavs.
Yeah, I started lurking here back in 2003, but finally broke down and made an account after the 2006 Finals because I lived in Austin (Spurs country) and there was absolutely nobody I could talk to about it... I just needed a place to vent at first, but it became so much more than that over the years.

I'm sure you guys are familiar with this bit of philosophy:

Quote:
A college professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty glass mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a jar of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open spaces between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar and of course the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and then proceeded to pour the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the grains of sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things -- your family, your partner, your health, your children, your friends, your favorite passions -- things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. Play another 18.

"There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."
For me, D-M has been the "beer" in my life... Most people turn to Facebook or Reddit whenever they're bored and need to kill a few minutes, but for me, this forum has been the place that fills the downtime in my life (ahh, who am I kidding -- 26k posts since 2006 -- this site has pretty much been the "golf balls" for me!)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-28-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #134
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
[Beer story]
Huh, my take away is that you can add a couple beers to the jar at any time without impacting your ability to fill it with golf balls, pebbles, or stones.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Huh, my take away is that you can add a couple beers to the jar at any time without impacting your ability to fill it with golf balls, pebbles, or stones.
I think you missed the point -- obviously the story is about how I have to get stinkin' drunk to watch the Mavs these days!

Old 01-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #136
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Free Roddy
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #137
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I started lurking here back in 2003, but finally broke down and made an account after the 2006 Finals because I lived in Austin (Spurs country) and there was absolutely nobody I could talk to about it... I just needed a place to vent at first, but it became so much more than that over the years.

I'm sure you guys are familiar with this bit of philosophy:

For me, D-M has been the "beer" in my life... Most people turn to Facebook or Reddit whenever they're bored and need to kill a few minutes, but for me, this forum has been the place that fills the downtime in my life (ahh, who am I kidding -- 26k posts since 2006 -- this site has pretty much been the "golf balls" for me!)
That's a pretty cool analogy, thanks UD.

And now that you mention reddit, they do have a Mavs sub. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of reddit but it's an alternative too and I guess it would be better than twitter for GDT kind of stuff.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 01-28-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #138
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Free Roddy
We free'd him to Europe. Lol
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:36 PM   #139
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Free Roddy

(gotta get as much mileage out of that image as I can before this site folds...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-28-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #140
REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear the news.

You are all welcome at Clutchfa.....ah who am I kidding.
REEKO_HTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #141
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
That's a pretty cool analogy, thanks UD.

And now that you mention reddit, they do have a Mavs sub. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of reddit but it's an alternative too and I guess it would be better than twitter for GDT kind of stuff.
What is reddit?
Old 01-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
Sorry to hear the news.

You are all welcome at Clutchfa.....ah who am I kidding.
Sweet. Can't wait to watch people post about trading every player on the team and fire the coach after every loss. Sounds groovy.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #143
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
What is reddit?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #144
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is reddit?
/r/mavericks
Old 01-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #145
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Sweet. Can't wait to watch people post about trading every player on the team and fire the coach after every loss. Sounds groovy.
Sorry but more posts is exactly what this forum needs. Clutchfans is the most active forum around.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #146
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure I'll be in a very deep denial phase much like this for ... a rather pathetic period of time.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #147
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post
Sorry but more posts is exactly what this forum needs. Clutchfans is the most active forum around.
Clutchfans --> Quantity (Harden)
Dallas-Mavs --> Quality (Dirk)

But, yeah, Harden sells and Dirk doesn't, so that's that...

Old 01-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #148
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw you posted that new posters were discouraged from starting new threads. I'd like to see that because I've ONLY encouraged people to start new threads.

And Clutchfans is 90% garbage posts. I can't imagine how any of the decent posters could read through all of that to get their point across. They started a fire Bickerstaff thread the second he became coach. That thread and get rid of James Harden threads are still going strong. What kind of reward as a fan is there to go on about that and just complain because you can? Would you really want to post here if our two most posted in threads were to get rid of Dirk and Carlisle?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #149
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I saw you posted that new posters were discouraged from starting new threads. I'd like to see that because I've ONLY encouraged people to start new threads.
That narrative is almost as annoying as the "Dirk is soft" narrative... There was a stretch several years back where a few really sh!tty posters kept posting completely redundant threads and the members of this forum eventually told them to F off... And amen to that -- if you can't take the time to read other peoples' posts and see if there's already a thread covering the subject you're posting, then you don't respect this board enough to deserve posting here... That's always been a big reason why Fish's site sucks.

But I don't recall anyone other than a few specific dipsh!ts being told they needed to quit posting new threads... Unfortunately, those dipsh!ts relished in bringing it up at every turn (like the dipsh!ts they are), so now decent posters like Bookit have come to accept the narrative. I guess that's all it takes.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-28-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #150
Murphy3
Guru

It's 100% true.... It definitely was an issue.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #151
Underdog

Quote:
It's 100% true.... It definitely was an issue.
Care to elaborate? You've definitely been a perpetuator of this myth (probably due to your consistently waning popularity...)

Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #152
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
This is where I prolly will go instead of twitter until there is a new forum/if this one by miracle stays. I just can't bring myself to join twitter.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #153
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.

Some of my Mavs memories are more this forum than Mavs themselves as I'm sure it is with many of the non-Texas fans.

Alas, all good things come to an end. I appreciate the time and space I shared with yall.

-RP, class of 04.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #154
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you tried reading that forum? Like an incompetent quail hunter firing in every careless direction hoping to hit something.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #155
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Damn.

Some of my Mavs memories are more this forum than Mavs themselves as I'm sure it is with many of the non-Texas fans.

Alas, all good things come to an end. I appreciate the time and space I shared with yall.

-RP, class of 04.
+1

Old 01-29-2016, 12:21 AM   #156
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
This is where I prolly will go instead of twitter until there is a new forum/if this one by miracle stays. I just can't bring myself to join twitter.
I guess I will go there too.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:53 AM   #157
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Why do all good things come to an end?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:51 AM   #158
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Care to elaborate? You've definitely been a perpetuator of this myth (probably due to your consistently waning popularity...)
I'm sure my consistently waning popularity has more to do with my decreasing lack of time or energy to provide research to back up my opinions. Like many, I still like the Mavs, but life has changed... I had a great 7-8 year run... And then work and life pretty much got in the way.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #159
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm sure my consistently waning popularity has more to do with my decreasing lack of time or energy to provide research to back up my opinions. Like many, I still like the Mavs, but life has changed... I had a great 7-8 year run... And then work and life pretty much got in the way.
I can certainly relate to life and work getting in the way.

As for twitter, I've made an account and currently following UD and KG. I'll start following the rest of you guys later this evening.

I suppose /r/mavericks will have to suffice even though I enjoyed this forum board much more.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #160
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Any volunteers to help setup http://mavsforum.com? I just haven't had the time this week, and will have zero time this weekend :/

Last edited by Robillion; 01-29-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote