Mavs win by 1-9 3 33.33%
Mavs lose by 1-9 2 22.22%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
Win or Lose I'm still going to complain 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Game 47 - Mavs (26-21) at Wizards (17-30) 6:00pm

Dallas:
Willie Cauley-Stein (health and safety protocol) Out
JJ Redick (heel) Out
Terry Tyrell (personal reasons) Out

Wizards:
Thomas Bryant (knee) Out
Daniel Gafford (ankle) Out
Bradley Beal (hip) Questionable
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Who is going to lock up Westbrook?
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #4
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Go MAVS!!!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Nobody. Focus on limiting their threes. I don't care if Westbrick makes layups and dunks.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Dallas Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis (injury recovery) out vs. Wizards
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Hang nail or paper cut?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
The real question is once Rick draws up a plan to keep Westbrook to 15pts, which spare of theirs goes for 30?

My bet? Winston
Old 04-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #9
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ugh mavs being cute again. Let's hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the ass this time

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #10
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of light

Expecting Luka to go for 40 tonight.
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #11
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao no Kleber and Richardson also. Mavs love to give away games

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #12
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Ya I barely heard part of the starting lineup... Pretty sure I heard Boban and Melli??? Whoa! And you say kleber and Jrich is out too? What in the world Mavs Brain?? I mean luckily it's the wizards hopefully without Beal but still. We really need to be trying desperately to make the top 6! Let's go Luka! 40 pt triple dub!! Go Mavs!!!
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Lmao no Kleber and Richardson also. Mavs love to give away games
The entire league does it and i love it because it forces the league to get rid of the stupid B2B. Which is easily doable by cutting the preseason and extend the RS

Last edited by sefant77; 04-03-2021 at 06:25 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #14
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

When Hardway is cold he's one of the biggest black holes in the league.

When he's hot he can singlehandedly put teams away.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The entire league does it and i love it because it forces the league to get rid of the stupid B2B. Which is easily doable by cutting the preseason and extend the RS
Yeah and they were trying to get rid of the B2Bs before Covid. Hope they don't forget that initiative when things are normal.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Man we miss KP, Kleber, Richardson, and WCS.

We're really small and Boban is on limited minutes.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dirty
Old 04-03-2021, 06:51 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Man Robin just bulldozed DFS and got away with it.

NBA
Old 04-03-2021, 06:54 PM   #19
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't care what the rest of the league does. All I know is that the mavs are not in a position to be giving away games by resting players right now

Quote:
Old 04-03-2021, 07:26 PM   #20
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't care what the rest of the league does. All I know is that the mavs are not in a position to be giving away games by resting players right now
I hate when fans say the entire league does it

That's not true

Utah will play their guys if healthy when is the last time you saw Gobert sit on a B2B?

Hell not even Zion has sat that much this year. If I'm not mistaken he's missed only 2 games all year.

Jokic and Murray don't sit on B2B's for Denver.

Dame Lillard very rarely sits especially when McCollum was out that dude showed up every game.

I don't have a problem with the Mavs sitting guys if they are simply unable to go.

I have a problem with the Mavs sitting guys in the middle of playoff run for seeding where every game is very important. But they as a organization don't seem to think it matters much regarding seeding just they want to be healthy.

Only time will tell if that was the right strategy especially if they finish just a few games out the 6th seed they could have claimed had they reduced the numbers of games they sat key players.

But with Luka they should beat bad teams even if KP sits

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-03-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #21
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

I've liked some of what I've seen from Boban so far! And there's been several possessions of great D! Offense looks a little off some to me.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #22
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I swear... I've seen Avdija and WB push off half a dozen times this game and the first time they call it is on the weak one by Luka.

Brunson is still killing it tho.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #23
D_D_D

Yeah your last sentence Dallas41... We should still win this game. Despite our lack of players (KP included obv) with Luka.

And yes I agree we should not be resting our best players when we are fighting for positioning in the playoff race. However, just to play devil's advocate... Maybe Donnie and co. Know more than we do as pertains to KPs health. I mean, the guy isn't exactly durable. We know. Are they playing it extra safe? Or are they making decisions about KP in regards to his body and it's fragility that maybe we don't know about? I don't know. But I have to assume the Mavs decision makers are aware of playoff seeding and it's importance and, well, hopefully have a decent idea of what they're doing lol. Just saying. But as a big fan it's hard not be like what the f*$@ are we doing!?!?
Old 04-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #24
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

KP is being treated according to the medical advice. That’s it. There is no mystery.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #25
D_D_D

Gotta say it's nice to see a ref talk to luka about his frustrations rather than bottling it in and giving him a T later for yelling "And 1!" ... Just refreshing to see lol.
I love luka but I will say I think he complains too much... (I'm sure I'll catch grief for this but oh well. Just my honest observation)
Old 04-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And playoff seeding wont matter if KP is broken at the end of the RS because we wouldnt beat anyone without him

And Casey Smith knows it anyway better than we all

Last edited by sefant77; 04-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:54 PM   #27
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Washington announcers are the worst in the NBA
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:54 PM   #28
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Westbrick almost ended our season with that foul on Luka.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #29
D_D_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
KP is being treated according to the medical advice. That’s it. There is no mystery.
Okay. I'm not trying to argue with you at all. I have no "horse in this debate" or whatever. Just curious why you say that. Like you heard directly that the Mavs medical team says to rest him? Or what? Like I said just curious. I mean shit, if anything what I said before aligns with that somewhat. He's not durable. We are being careful. That's what I feel/see.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #30
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
Okay. I'm not trying to argue with you at all. I have no "horse in this debate" or whatever. Just curious why you say that. Like you heard directly that the Mavs medical team says to rest him? Or what? Like I said just curious. I mean shit, if anything what I said before aligns with that somewhat. He's not durable. We are being careful. That's what I feel/see.
I think teams are just cautious with the star players now more than ever rly. Giannis had 47/12 last night and is sitting out tonight despite his team being in 3rd fighting for a top 2 seed.

And with a guy like KP I don't want any risks at all. I don't want them with Luka either really.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #31
D_D_D

Quote:
And playoff seeding wont matter if KP is broken at the end of the RS because we wouldnt beat anyone without him

And Casey Smith knows it anyway better than we all
Yes. That's basically my point exactly! The MBT knows better than us KP's situation medically/health wise. And they are stupid. They know and are more invested in us succeeding than we are. I.e. jobs maybe I dunno. But they want to effing win every game too! And they know how critical it is down this stretch. It's not like we might be tanking for a pick!! Lmao.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #32
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Ya'll ruined a great pass so the Mavs deserve a clear path foul on the house LOL

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-03-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:07 PM   #33
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Josh Green is so far away on offense but I do like his defense and athleticism. If he can ever just be respectable from the corners... but he is so far away.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #34
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
Wasn’t meaning to argue with you specifically. There seems to be a general idea with some here and on Twitter that they rest KP on back to backs as some kind of basketball strategy. Carlisle has said that KP’s minutes, and rest schedule are determined by the training staff.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #35
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Never understand how a guy as strong as Powell constantly is 1 foot from the rim and going for finesse layups rather than muscling a dunk.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #36
Dallas41
Diamond Member

THJ finally showed up that 6/20 will look a lot better after those two game clinching 3's

Also Josh Green had two acrobatic passes in that 1st half for assists which I really liked.

He just got to stick with it in terms of his shooting....
Old 04-03-2021, 08:19 PM   #37
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Never understand how a guy as strong as Powell constantly is 1 foot from the rim and going for finesse layups rather than muscling a dunk.
Boban kills me when he does that shit. He doesn’t even have to jump! Dunk the ball.

Last edited by BPo001; 04-03-2021 at 08:20 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Josh Green is so far away on offense but I do like his defense and athleticism. If he can ever just be respectable from the corners... but he is so far away.
I like what i see from him in terms of cutting to the basket
Old 04-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

At least we win DESPITE sitting a bunch of starters
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:07 PM   #40
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Only time will tell if that was the right strategy especially if they finish just a few games out the 6th seed they could have claimed had they reduced the numbers of games they sat key players.
You know, time won't actually tell. If they win the championship, then we can know that it was a right strategy. But it is impossible to know what would have happened with any other potential strategy.

If they finish 1 game out of 6th place, it would be foolish to take that as proof that it was the wrong strategy - you will never know if playing in back-to-backs would have lead to Porzingis getting injured - which could cause Dallas to drop to 8th or further.

In other words, time may tell if it was a right strategy, but it can't tell us if it was a wrong strategy.

Tags
harden still sucks, in melli we trust, magic fairy dust trades, westbrick builds houses, why is powell here