Mavs win by 1-9 1 50.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 50.00%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
No Giannis means no excuses... Mavs by 20+!!! 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2021, 11:35 PM   #81
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
They didn't change the offense. KP took his usual spot outside the three point line. Luka got the ball to the open man. We can't know if anything was said about making sure KP got more shots, unless they say something about it.
Our eyes tells us KP got more shots and touches and the people who called the game stated the exact same thing.

Harper and Harris both get a up close view of the game and action why would they mention this if was something they didn't change?

Do you ever recall him being that much involved in the 4th?

Besides the dude stated it himself that it has happened before he don't get shots or touches.

No sense in arguing it and hopefully the Mavs didn't just get him the rock because the media and KP spoke up about it this time.

This needs to be more of focal point moving forward because they are only going as far as Luka and KP can take them IMO
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2021, 12:12 AM   #82
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Our eyes tells us KP got more shots and touches and the people who called the game stated the exact same thing.

Harper and Harris both get a up close view of the game and action why would they mention this if was something they didn't change?

Do you ever recall him being that much involved in the 4th?

Besides the dude stated it himself that it has happened before he don't get shots or touches.

No sense in arguing it and hopefully the Mavs didn't just get him the rock because the media and KP spoke up about it this time.

This needs to be more of focal point moving forward because they are only going as far as Luka and KP can take them IMO
I didn't see him say he didn't get more touches or more shots. He's saying it was still the flow offense... that it. The flow offense that you said doesn't work late in games. We saw high screen pnr, like we see every single 4th quarter. We saw people double Luka, which we see a lot now. We saw KP as the man left open with little to no rotation. The only differences it looked like were conscious efforts by everyone to make sure he got the ball and the Bucks leaving him wide open and not rotating off someone like JRich. The only difference I could see as it pertains to changing of the offense was maybe having KP run more of the screens late, sometimes we have others screen and it looked like tonight it was primarily KP. That is still flow offense though.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:20 AM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

To add to the above post- My fear is those who think this was some drastic change, next time we have a game and the same situation pops up and the ball gets swung to KP and he's NOT open and he swings it to JRich in the corner and he builds a few houses there then there will be nonstop posting about RC going back to his old ways. I do want to see a few called plays for KP specifically. It's on Rick to remind guys of stuff like this and it's on Luka and the others to make sure what happened the other night doesn't happen. I saw great shot making by the guy we hope can be Robin to Luka's Batman in the usual flow offense not a change and called plays specifically for KP. I also want to see more of the aggressive KP tonight though. I don't care if a guy closes out hard on him or is switched off on him. Go get us a bucket.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-09-2021 at 12:21 AM. Reason: grammar is hard
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:32 AM   #84
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

This is from mavsmoneyball for those who want to debate that nothing really changed with the offense

You'll notice iso ball was a huge change

The closing statement
In my mind it’s been a while since the Dallas Mavericks entered the fourth down and proceeded to blow out an opponent. Dallas outscored the Bucks in the final frame, 36-17. The charge was led by Kristaps and his 11 points, a fitting performance after he saw the ball just once last night against the Rockets.

An under discussed aspect of last night’s loss was how little actual offense the Mavericks seemed to run late in the game against the Rockets, whereas tonight, they actually used their two best players... are you ready for this... at the same time. And it worked. Who could’ve guessed. More plays and more ball movement, less isolation, everyone will be happy.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:50 AM   #85
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

The way our guys played last night really makes me believe that Carlisle has been the biggest issue. It’s on him to bench players that take that bad shots and encourage them to get to the rim. It’s on him to run sets for Porzingis that don’t involve KP standing at half court.

The reemergence of Powell has been a pleasant surprise. His activity is very encouraging. He’s a decent switch defender and rebounder, even if he isn’t the same roll guy from years past.

Our defense is also a huge plus. We’re making teams work for every shot. Especially JRich and DFS. That being said both of those guys need to drive the ball more often instead of settling for threes. DFS gets it, and that improvement is visible. Richardson is driving me insane on offense. For a career subpar shooter he really feels too comfortable taking off the bounce and quick 3s. My hope is Redick can give us 10-15 mpg where he plays with a lot of effort on defense and hits two threes.

Tags
fire everyone, harden still sucks, jj reddick hell, magic fairy dust trades, primal scream