Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-09-2022, 09:14 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Knick Knick. Who’s there? The Knicks. Knicks who?

Knicks visit Mavs— our last home game before 5 on the road

Mavs are on a 5 win streak and 7-1
Knicks have won two straight after going 1-11

JB - upgraded to questionable
THJ - out
Frank - out
Chriss - out
Pinson - out

Robinson - out
Toppin - out
Noel - out
Reddish - out
Rose - out
Luka - out
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Knicks visit Mavs— our last home game before 5 on the road

Mavs are on a 5 win streak and 7-1
Knicks have won two straight after going 1-11

JB - upgraded to questionable
THJ - out
Frank - out
Chriss - out
Pinson - out

Robinson - out
Toppin - out
Noel - out
Reddish - out
Rose - out
Luka - out
Heh made me double take...

Lots out for NYK, just don't let Randle go off and somehow pull a win out of their ass. Kick em when they're down and don't let up.

Has there been any indication for THJ's return? They never called it season ending, but never heard anything else.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Lots out for NYK, just don't let Randle go off and somehow pull a win out of their ass. Kick em when they're down and don't let up.

Has there been any indication for THJ's return? They never called it season ending, but never heard anything else.
Isaac Harris predicted early April, which would mean he could be back for a couple of games before the playoffs, but he's also not a medical expert. I don't think there have been any official comments since the surgery. Looks like he's still in a boot on the bench.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:36 PM   #4
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Isaac Harris predicted early April, which would mean he could be back for a couple of games before the playoffs, but he's also not a medical expert. I don't think there have been any official comments since the surgery. Looks like he's still in a boot on the bench.
Right, weirdly quiet. Wondering if there are any comps for his size, but that type of break also lends itself to very individualistic return time tables.

I'm curious how he would fit back in. If we can have him buy in to his true role now with Dinwiddie here, he could provide some excellent scoring punch to the bench. I'm was also surprised by THJ's effort on the defensive end, at least by the eye test. No idea what the advanced stats think.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:42 PM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Why would anyone want THJ back in the lineup especially since his absence has freed up more playing time for Green and put Bullock in a more comfortable role?

I always viewed that injury as a blessing in disguise because the team overall takes less bad 3's point shots and Bullock/Green are more solid defenders.

In all honesty this team has played very well since he went down (addition by subtraction).
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Since the inception of the Kristaps Porzingis trade, Knicks and Mavs fans have exchanged barbs on Twitter over who won. Because of that vitriol, losing 4 out of the last 5 against the Knicks has been painful. Julius Randle, who the Knicks signed after the KP trade, has feasted against Dallas. Apparently, the AAC is his second home and he’s averaged close to 30 points per game there the past few seasons. Add in the fact that our front line depth is razor-thin and that could be a recipe for disaster.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:24 PM   #7
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Why would anyone want THJ back in the lineup especially since his absence has freed up more playing time for Green and put Bullock in a more comfortable role?

I always viewed that injury as a blessing in disguise because the team overall takes less bad 3's point shots and Bullock/Green are more solid defenders.

In all honesty this team has played very well since he went down (addition by subtraction).
I doubt that THJ will just ride pine when he comes back healthy. I have no doubt that he will be mixed back in and I'm fine with that as long as he can fill a role versus trying his hardest to be the secondary scoring option. That last part is where my doubt lies and we will have to wait. But I'm being realistic in bringing THJ up because he absolutely will play and I believe he can help take this team to the next level. Roast me all ya want for that opinion, I'll eat crow if he ends up coming back and wrecking any progress the team has made. I simply think he will make them better.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I feel bad for THJ the person, but not for my Mavs. If he is somehow back by the playoffs it will be limited mins in limited role, so while it's harsh to say blessing in disguise due to an I jury, we needed to use other guys and not have a very 1 dimensional black hole just ripping shots.

If he's very limited then go ahead and rip shots from the bench in the Sterling role. I'm not interested in much more.
- Good dude n all.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #9
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I doubt that THJ will just ride pine when he comes back healthy. I have no doubt that he will be mixed back in and I'm fine with that as long as he can fill a role versus trying his hardest to be the secondary scoring option. That last part is where my doubt lies and we will have to wait. But I'm being realistic in bringing THJ up because he absolutely will play and I believe he can help take this team to the next level. Roast me all ya want for that opinion, I'll eat crow if he ends up coming back and wrecking any progress the team has made. I simply think he will make them better.
You got more trust in him than I do LOL

I guess he could play a role similar to Bertans where he just gets 10-12 minutes.

But if THJ is getting 30 MPG on this team and shooting just 34% from three I don't see how that helps the Mavs in the playoffs.

Yes he might light it up for a game like he did vs the Clippers but you can't trust that dude over the course of 6-7 games in a full series.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:31 PM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
You got more trust in him than I do LOL

I guess he could play a role similar to Bertans where he just gets 10-12 minutes.

But if THJ is getting 30 MPG on this team and shooting just 34% from three I don't see how that helps the Mavs in the playoffs.

Yes he might light it up for a game like he did vs the Clippers but you can't trust that dude over the course of 6-7 games in a full series.
Ha, don't get me wrong, very much contingent on him accepting a role where he can help the Mavs. Say an instant offense type as opposed to when he was forcing shots up trying to be the #2 go to scorer for the squad. He might be 4th or 5th at this point behind DFS at this rate. But he's got to understand that and adjust. If he comes out firing pull up threes in the low 30% range, then yea we have a problem and he needs to go. His energy in street clothes was eye catching the other night. Teammates seem to love him so I've got hope he can contribute.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:02 PM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

As far as THJ, can’t ever have too many shooters. I think its without a doubt a blessing in disguise he went down. And he will be limited as he gets back up to speed when he is back. I worry that Green will be the odd man out.

Maybe watching from the bench will help Tim see what he needs to do better; mainly keep the ball moving and only take good shots.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs playing 8 on 5
Old 03-09-2022, 09:00 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Every team has games like this

Just tired and can’t hit anything
Old 03-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #14
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Knicks are never an easy out for the Mavs

It's like they have our #
Old 03-09-2022, 09:02 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Feels like we’re down 30 but it’s only 9

Defense is okay but man we need to get some offense going
Old 03-09-2022, 09:04 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

These refs
Old 03-09-2022, 09:05 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

How was that a foul? Dude didn’t even touch him
Old 03-09-2022, 09:05 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

26% and 0% not gonna get it done
Old 03-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This one looks over

Sometimes the last home game is a trap and as bad as the Knicks are, we just can’t beat them
Old 03-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Four missed layups

That’s the type of night
Old 03-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Don’t know what is worse: Mavs being on pace for 68 or allowing 31 (on pace to allow 124)
Old 03-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #22
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mavs playing 8 on 5
nah they just don't handle the Knicks very well.

It's a consistent pattern for them to get beat down by the Knicks
Old 03-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

The good news? If we don’t miss those four open layups we’re only down 5

If we shoot 80% on FTs instead of 60% we are only down 3

The bad news is that we’ve seen zero evidence that they can turn it around
Old 03-09-2022, 09:12 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Weve been outscored more than a point a minute
Old 03-09-2022, 09:14 PM   #26
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Got home late and LOL
Old 03-09-2022, 09:14 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I don’t get how last game a guy gets a dribble and 5 seconds and gets continuation

Brunson gets shoved on his move to lay it up and it’s not
Old 03-09-2022, 09:15 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

5 guys on the perimeter. That shit will get destroyed in playoffs
Old 03-09-2022, 09:15 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

19% from the field and 0-12 from three

Vintage mavs
Old 03-09-2022, 09:16 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:16 PM   #31
Melonhead
Guru

Wish I didn’t turn it here. Maybe the worst 5 minutes I’ve watched all season
Old 03-09-2022, 09:16 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs were due a dud game after the way they have been playing. Plus, Knicks have some sort of weird fetish with playing us.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:16 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

0-10 In the first three minutes of the second
Old 03-09-2022, 09:17 PM   #34
Melonhead
Guru

Length + Brunson = rough night for him
Old 03-09-2022, 09:17 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

First points 3:30 into the quarter

12-2
Old 03-09-2022, 09:18 PM   #36
Melonhead
Guru

Give us Boban
Old 03-09-2022, 09:19 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
As far as THJ, can’t ever have too many shooters. I think its without a doubt a blessing in disguise he went down. And he will be limited as he gets back up to speed when he is back. I worry that Green will be the odd man out.

Maybe watching from the bench will help Tim see what he needs to do better; mainly keep the ball moving and only take good shots.
and that's exactly why I wish he misses the playoffs

I know Green will be the guy who gets his minutes reduced if THJ comes back.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:21 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

6-2 run

Now make it a 26-2 run and it’s a ballgame
Old 03-09-2022, 09:22 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We can’t touch shooters

Refs are crooked

Even refs can’t figure it out
Old 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

0-13

Back to -23