Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-03-2003, 03:48 PM   #1
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation
Default Board Errors

Ok,
I've jumped through all the hoops, and put my head in the lions mouth.
I think were on track now, thanks to some information from the company
that created this great messageboard.
The only bug I'm aware of that still exists, is the private topics being viewed
by users not logged in (which is no big deal, but will be tackled next)

If you see any other errors, please post them here so they can be addressed promptly.
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Board Errors

Thanks for the hard work Atheos and DJ!!

Old 06-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Board Errors

The donate to paypal button is missing. I just posted about it in this forum. Sorry for the double up.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Doc? Post-padding? Why in the world would you want to do that? (kinda like I am right now, trying to achieve 500 posts today)
Old 06-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Board Errors

Quote:
Originally posted by: Atheos
Ok,
I've jumped through all the hoops, and put my head in the lions mouth.
there's no place like a lions mouth.

great work on the board, guys!! thanks a bunch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Board Errors

Board is looking great.

One thing I've noticed that I miss--the ability to go back to topic view from within a thread.

There was an icon on the old format that allowed one to click back into the topic view. I'm making do with backspaces for now.

Otherwise, lots of great new toys to check out. Thanks.

Oh and P.S....how do I block David's posts?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 08:06 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Board Errors

You can go back to topic view by clicking the link on the top left side (for example, FORUMS > Dallas_Mavs.com Stuff).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Board Errors

Great. Thanks, DJ.

I would've missed that for a long time.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 04:53 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Default Board Errors

Aw poop. I changed my email accessibility and sig and I forgot about it gumming up the icon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Can you help a goofus out dj? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 09:29 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Default Board Errors

Thank you sir. I will leave things alone for a while. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 11:01 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was too embarrassed to ask Doc. I had already changed my signature once before and had to have them fix my icon.

I wonder if they'll feel like helping another doofus out?

Old 06-05-2003, 08:31 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Default Board Errors

The club of Doofi is an exclusive club. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 08:48 AM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Board Errors

anyone else having trouble with the 'last page' links?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #14
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

What seems to be the prob?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:09 AM   #15
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Board Errors

clicking on the 'Last' link sometimes leads to a topic page with no entries. From their, the 'Previous' link does not work, and I have to go back to the Forum page and click on one of the numbers to enter the topic.

It's not happening now.

*Edit:

It happens when I'm not logged in. Looks like the board is counting pages in a screwy manner. If a topic has 4 pages, I click on 'Last', it tries to start at startpage=6 in the URL. Clicking 'previous' twice brings it back to page 4.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #16
djb
Administrator

Default Board Errors

Yea that's only a problem if you're not logged in..the reason being the board has a default of 20 posts per page, but I set it to 40 posts per page. So if there's less than 40 posts, there is really only one page in the thread, but the software thinks there's two. Kind of annoying so I might set it back down to the default 20 posts per page for users not logged in. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:31 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Board Errors

I have a problem (or a complaint): it used to be that when you were through typing a message, you could hit hte "tab" key and automatically be moved to the "Reply to Topic" button. Then I could just hit the spacebar and post my message without ever using my mouse.

It was just easier for me when I did not have to use the mouse. There are studies that show how inefficient it is to use a mouse, ya know.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:58 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Default Board Errors

Refer to the new msg I posted regarding keyboard shortcuts.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #19
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Board Errors

I want everyone to know that when you change your profile and it asks for your name - only use your real name if you want EVERYONE to know it. It's not private at all.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:41 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Default Board Errors

I know MFFL's name. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 10:54 AM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Anyone else having trouble with access to the board the last few days?

Grrrrr, driving me crazy. It's down for an hour at a time, it seems.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:56 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I have had problems maybe since the update. I think DJ said he changed of hosting server; maybe it's the reason.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Board Errors

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Anyone else having trouble with access to the board the last few days?

Grrrrr, driving me crazy. It's down for an hour at a time, it seems.
I was going crazy with it too. LMF posted something about this site being down.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:01 PM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I haven't had trouble since the first day of the upgrade. It's not a persistant problem, just something that has been off and on the last 2-3 days.