Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

hopefully we can bounce back from the clippers loss and get a win in staples vs. the lakers on national tv. if we won, it would be our first back to back wins at the lakers since 1983-1984...that's before i was born!! (since yesterday was my 20th birthday, just had to throw that in there). hopefully finley can get back to form (please, mike!) and dirk will continue doing his thing. josh should be all over kobe. mavs win by 10, but the game is closer than that score reflects. 109-99. go mavs!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

This game better be worth it since I'll be staying in much of the night so I can watch it!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

An ugly grind-it-out win.

This time I hope Stack is really back.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Belated Happy B'Day, Mandy. Hope the Mavs win one for you. And remember no drinking until next year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mavs by 4.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Belated Birthday Mandy !!

(from the FWST)
Michael Finley (left calf contusion) and Jerry Stackhouse (strained groin) sat out of practice Friday for precautionary reasons. Both are expected to play tonight. Finley suffered his injury against the Clippers.

Mavs win anyway. Hopefully Howard isn't screwed by the refs while guarding Kobe.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Mandyahl!

And who needs Howard guarding Kobe when we have Mr. Dirk I'll-strip-the-ball-from-you-and-dunk-it-before-you-can-say-I'm-innocent Nowitzki.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Happy birthday Mandyahl!

And who needs Howard guarding Kobe when we have Mr. Dirk I'll-strip-the-ball-from-you-and-dunk-it-before-you-can-say-I'm-innocent Nowitzki.
That has been my favorite "Dirk" play all year...but you left out the part about Kobe flailing towards the ground....can't leave that part out!

Edited to Add: After last night, the Lakers are in a virtual tie with Denver for the last remaining playoff spot. So with a win tonight, the Mavs will be knocking the Lakers into the lottery - how satisfying will that be?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

man, if we don't win this one, I sense a HUGE meltdown coming on...
Old 03-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

This is always the hardest game for me to root against the other team. If the Mavericks are my child, the Lakers are my adopted child. I guess in the back of your mind you are always going to slightly root for your birth child over your adopted child but you always hope that both can do as well as possoble. Or maybe that is just me being an adopted kid speculating.

Bottom line, I hope the Mavericks win and if Denver is playing, they lose so that the Lakers aren't in 9th.

Mavs win though.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #10
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

I have No IDEA. Hendu/Dirk at center all night just leaves me yucky. We'll lose. Play Bradley and DJ, 5-7 minutes of Dirk at center, Hendu sparingly, and we'll win.

Up to the coach to play his players where they ought to play. And who ought to play.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

Bradley better not suck hardcore like he did against the Clippers.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 105-101....

Seems they might think the lakers are worthwhile opponents. *yuck*
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #13
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

No Mike Finley tonight according to Nellie on G.A.C.(calf contusion or somesuch)
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #14
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think Mavs win this one big. No big men on the lakers to give them problems.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #15
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

I am predicting a close game. The Mavs don't seem to blow anybody out. I also don't underestimate the Lakers big men. If the Mavs can out rebound Grant, Mihm and Odom then they win if not they lose. Josh also needs to be a little more than a defensive force against Bryant than he was against Maggette. It will be a close game.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #16
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

No Finley? We might just win this one.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Luck the Fakers
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the recap of what Nellie said on Galloway. Thanks to jlust22 over on the LMF board.

Quote:
Nellie is on Galloway's show now. He said Fin got kicked in the calf and he jokingly said he was the one who did it. He said they really need Bradley to step up with Damp out. Nellie said Bradley was awful against LA. He played 7 min. and they lost 12 points during that time. AJ yelled at him yesterday at practice and Nellie says that usually wakes Bradley up for a game or two before he goes back to sleep.

He said Howard is playing like a pretty boy lately and shooting too much instead of guarding and rebounding. He says he told Howard to get back to doing what he is best at because they have other players who are better offensively than him. Nellie feels like DA has given the team life when he comes off the bench. He has been going with Harris first off the bench, but he has been screwing up so he may just go with DA and not play all three PG's.
Pinto updated his game preview with this:

***Following shootaround, it was announced that Michael Finley is a game-time decision as he is nursing a bruised left calf.***
Old 03-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang better hurry up and trade KVH for Booth quick....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Here is the recap of what Nellie said on Galloway. Thanks to jlust22 over on the LMF board.

Quote:
Nellie is on Galloway's show now. He said Fin got kicked in the calf and he jokingly said he was the one who did it. He said they really need Bradley to step up with Damp out. Nellie said Bradley was awful against LA. He played 7 min. and they lost 12 points during that time. AJ yelled at him yesterday at practice and Nellie says that usually wakes Bradley up for a game or two before he goes back to sleep.

He said Howard is playing like a pretty boy lately and shooting too much instead of guarding and rebounding. He says he told Howard to get back to doing what he is best at because they have other players who are better offensively than him. Nellie feels like DA has given the team life when he comes off the bench. He has been going with Harris first off the bench, but he has been screwing up so he may just go with DA and not play all three PG's.
Pinto updated his game preview with this:

***Following shootaround, it was announced that Michael Finley is a game-time decision as he is nursing a bruised left calf.***

Nellie's funny...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #21
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Stack is starting according to Yahoo sports box score...
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #22
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Bradley gets the start! We win.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #23
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

OMG...there's something new. A dirk nowitzki running sky hook with his left hand!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #24
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Book it. Shawn's gonna be a monster tonight.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #25
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Dirk's looking pretty good so far
Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Why go to Dirk when you can go to Stackhouse instead?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #27
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Why can't Bradley Grab a rebound?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

gotta cut off some of the penetration...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #29
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

maybe i was wrong about shawn, his only contribution so far has been a set jumper. The lakers are pick and rolling us to death.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Why can't Bradley Grab a rebound?
He just had a nice tip out for the rebound. Plus, it's more difficult to grab boards when you're contesting every shot because they're all coming from the lane.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #31
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Bradley has had 0 impact today in this game. How many points in the paint is that now for the Lakers?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Horrible shot by Terry. Horrible fade by Howard.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #33
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Reminiscent of the game vs. clips. God I wish we had a center.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #34
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

timeout. we suck.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Horrible forced shot by Dirk....
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
Reminisent of the game vs. clips. God I wish we had a center.
I'm not sure what a center is going to do. A center usually isn't the player responsible from stopping the opponents from getting into the lane. The center is responsible for the contesting of the shot once they get there. However, if player's are constantly in the lane, it makes it next to impossible for the center to do a respectable job.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

Well, everyone got the line up they wanted....our defense still looks like crap.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

They're carving up the zone....

Even with the early results for this game, Fin deserved to be benched. Maybe it'll send a message to him.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #39
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Mavs. Shoot better shots. Every shot is is a tough shot. They can get better looks.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #40
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Marquis Daniels LIVES for big games.