Mavs get:
Jamal Crawford
Tim Thomas
Malik Rose

Knicks get:
Michael Finley
Keith Van Horn

Why does this trade happen?

New York: Just acquired QRich from Phoenix, already have a shoot-first guard in Marbury (who probably won't be dealt) meaning Crawford is somewhat expendable. Finley is much bigger than Crawford, can play 2 or 3, while KVH can play 3 or 4. Plus, NY puts the contracts of Crawford and Rose on the Mavs.

Dallas: First of all, any trade where Finley goes to the East is a plus. Secondly, any trade where the Mavs can get something valuable in return is a plus as well. Crawford can start at SG, meaning Stack can continue to come off the bench. Thomas just fills the role of KVH (Dirk's shadow), and I am personally a fan of Rose. He seems like a hustle guy similar to Eddie Najera. Can never have too many guys like that on a team.

This trade works according to realgm.com's trade checker so tell me what you think.
mavsfan288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Realistic Trade w/ Big Apple

I'm completely on board with that deal. I like Rose a lot. I had completely forgotten about trying to find a way to get him here, but you're right, if they are going to take Finley then we may as well make it a blockbuster. NY could really use a serious shakeup.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Realistic Trade w/ Big Apple

Given Thomas and KVH's contracts are a wash, this deal essentially is Crawford and Rose for Fin. As much as I don't mind the talent we're getting back, why would Cuban ever agree to such a deal. One of the key aspects of letting Fin go is cutting salary/LT, right?
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #4
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Given Thomas and KVH's contracts are a wash, this deal essentially is Crawford and Rose for Fin. As much as I don't mind the talent we're getting back, why would Cuban ever agree to such a deal. One of the key aspects of letting Fin go is cutting salary/LT, right?
I agree but I think the chance to get crawford migth be worth it. I went to the game where ny was in town last year and this boy is bad
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

if mavs can get them for just fin and kvh i would do it in a heart beat man espically for carwford
Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
D-town funkadellic

D-town funkadellic is on a distinguished road

This might be the best realistic trade I have ever seen on here. Jamal could turn into an all-star if he can get out from Marbury's shadow. Tim Thomas has shown the ability to play well, and is a ridiculous 3 pt shooter when he's on. Plus, he adds versatility being a 6'10 SF/PF. Malik Rose is just what we need inside- toughness, a wide body, rebounding, and defense. This trade would probably help NY a little too. I think overall we would lose a little shooting (very little), but gain toughness, defense, youth, and athleticism. I'm all for this one, I'm just not sure how much the Knickerbockers would like it.
D-town funkadellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Isiah is not taking KVH back. Not happening. Rethink the trade. This would be like Cuban getting Jaric when Duffy is Jaric's agent....it just isn't happening. Maybe Thomas for Fin straight up or something like that, but I will be shocked if Isiah takes KVH back after all the things said when he left the first time.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote