Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-31-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bridges isn't having a great championship game, but man does he understand defense. His rotations are spot on, and he'd be a perfect fit with Smith.

He is the one very big bright spot to potentially falling in the draft.
I agree. His length and athleticism could be perfect for our team. I am not sure I love the fit next to Barnes, but one step at a time. He just needs to continue to work on his ball skills.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Brooklyn beats Miami.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:32 PM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Brooklyn beats Miami.
By one point in OT. Thank you Danny Ainge for making sure the Nets don’t have something to tank for this year.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:44 AM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Mikal Bridges is why I’m not too worried if the Mavs fall to 7. 7 would sting for sure. I’ve been following tankathon more closely last 5 games or so, but he might be my favorite outside of the top 3 picks.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mikal Bridges is why I’m not too worried if the Mavs fall to 7. 7 would sting for sure. I’ve been following tankathon more closely last 5 games or so, but he might be my favorite outside of the top 3 picks.
Same. He didn't do a lot of any one thing last night, but he did a bit of everything and the timing of each of his stats played a big part in getting the W... 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks -- he's a high-end glue guy.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Mikal Bridges has the highest floor in the draft. We may not be in the position to take a guy who doesn’t have the potential to be a number one option, but I could see some team (Sixers?) deciding they absolutely must have him.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The thing with Mikal for me(and I've said it before sorry) is he is 1.5yrs to 3yrs older than likely everyone in the lotto. That keeps him outside of the top 5 for sure and likely top 7 for me. If we took him I wouldn't hate it because I like him a lot. His age is prolly the only negative I can rly see about him. I think he would be an ideal fit beside DSJ also. So while I wouldn't hate taking him I wouldn't love it over some of those guys in the top 7. Especially if someone like JJJ was there. While he underwhelmed recently and his fouls are an issue 3 years younger with that skillset? No contest to me. I have him as barealy ahead of Wendall Carter, who has grown on me over the year surprisingly.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:19 PM   #8
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO Mikal Bridges has the highest floor in the draft. We may not be in the position to take a guy who doesn’t have the potential to be a number one option, but I could see some team (Sixers?) deciding they absolutely must have him.
Highest floor?

The ceiling is the roof? :-)
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

One of Mikal's biggest knocks is that he benefits playing with a ball dominant pg which is exactly why he'd go so well with Smith.

Plus, the Mavs have a really good ball handling coach who has done well with Barnes, so I'm not really worried about that anyway.

Thing is that the Mavs already have two lottery pick small forwards though (provided they keep Derm), so it would be nice to get a big man.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
Underdog

@MavsDraft: Today we are all #BullsNation. The Bulls' 26th win makes it pretty hard for the Mavs to fall past #7 in the lottery standings. The Mavs have 6 more games, including today vs the #Cavs.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bulls-Nets play two times against each other. 6th worse record should be save

Last edited by sefant77; 04-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #12
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks won also. 1 game behind the Hawks.

Edit- would have preferred magic but w/e

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-01-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #13
Underdog

FiveThirtyEight Win Probability:

vs Blazers: 18%
@ Magic: 48%
@ Pistons: 24%
@ 76ers: 12%
vs Suns: 81%

At worst we'll finish the season 2-3.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-01-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #14
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We have a way higher win Prob against Pistons and Sixers with their injuries...

And with some luck the Suns have #1 secured and are actually allowed to play and win against us without some tank benching etc...

I still see like a 2-2 at least for this games.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #15
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Losing to Orlando will be huge.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

KANGZKANGZKANGZ with the 1 point win in LA
Old 04-01-2018, 11:05 PM   #17
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KANGZKANGZKANGZ with the 1 point win in LA
Big win for sure! We badly need to lose to Orlando.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Why can't Mikal Bridges fit as a SG in the NBA? Everyone is penciling him in as a SF but I see more of a bigger shooting guard. His experience playing with Brunson should be a big benefit with DSJ. I can see him working very well with DSJ and Barnes.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Why can't Mikal Bridges fit as a SG in the NBA? Everyone is penciling him in as a SF but I see more of a bigger shooting guard. His experience playing with Brunson should be a big benefit with DSJ. I can see him working very well with DSJ and Barnes.
Same here, I think he would fit well between DSJ and Barnes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

JJJ declares for the draft. One good sign is that all the guys we could potentially take are declaring. Now let's finish off this tank strong and land that #1 pick!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

If the mavs get the 5 pick, how bad of a reach would it be to get Mikal?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
If the mavs get the 5 pick, how bad of a reach would it be to get Mikal?
I wouldn't be mad at all -- dude has the highest floor in the draft, probably the "safest" pick... Still see that Kawhi potential in him, could easily end up being a top-3 player in this draft when all is said and done.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #23
sefant77
Guru

You mean the guy hasnt the highest potential, but is the safest pick.

Of course he could maybe become a Kawhi light and probably he ends up being a better player than one of the Top-5 (Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/JJJ/Bamba) but still, if you draft that high you go after the highest potential.

Mikael is a great pick for a team falling to #6-#8 and a pick they shouldnt be that mad about after falling in the draft. But in the top-5 you are looking for franchise player potential. And thats why i dont want them to draft Mikael at #5
Old 04-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You mean the guy hasnt the highest potential, but is the safest pick.

Of course he could maybe become a Kawhi light and probably he ends up being a better player than one of the Top-5 (Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/JJJ/Bamba) but still, if you draft that high you go after the highest potential.

Mikael is a great pick for a team falling to #6-#8 and a pick they shouldnt be that mad about after falling in the draft. But in the top-5 you are looking for franchise player potential. And thats why i dont want them to draft Mikael at #5
Same here.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #25
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

How do you pronounce Mikal? I was listening on the radio and the announcer kept saying "muh-call" and I thought it was more like "my-call"

Either way, I'd think that's a tough position. I'll trust Donnie to make the call on ultimate ceiling and potential when it comes down to it. Who's to say Bridges can't have more potential than Bamba or even JJJ? I know someone will immediately bring up age, but the progression through college shows what you want out of a junior. It's not all guaranteed for these 19-20 year old players either.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
How do you pronounce Mikal? I was listening on the radio and the announcer kept saying "muh-call" and I thought it was more like "my-call"

Either way, I'd think that's a tough position. I'll trust Donnie to make the call on ultimate ceiling and potential when it comes down to it. Who's to say Bridges can't have more potential than Bamba or even JJJ? I know someone will immediately bring up age, but the progression through college shows what you want out of a junior. It's not all guaranteed for these 19-20 year old players either.
Just to clarify, Mikal Bridges is a redshirt Junior so he's essentially a Senior.
His progression has been nice but imagine, say, Lonnie Walker as a 4th year guy for Miami or JJJ or Bagley with 3 additional years.

I won't be bummed exactly if we wind up with Mikal but prefer a higher upside guy. People mention Kawhi with Mikal but he's likely closer to Khris Middleton than Kawhi
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

SI has us taking Bagley and the Magic Bamba. Be nice to get the 4th pick and have the choice between the two.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

Thats a nice mock, makes also a lot of sense team wise.

But i think we would take Porter over Bagley if there arent medical red flags. Im also pretty sure the Bulls would take Mikal over Trae...Mikal is a perfect fit on the Bulls.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats a nice mock, makes also a lot of sense team wise.

But i think we would take Porter over Bagley if there arent medical red flags. Im also pretty sure the Bulls would take Mikal over Trae...Mikal is a perfect fit on the Bulls.
The beauty of Mikal is he fits anywhere since he can guard multiple positions. Some team is going to be really happy getting him at 6 or 7
Old 04-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

For the Bulls he really does make a lot of sense, specially since they are so high on Dunn as PG

Dunn
LaVine
Mikael
Markkanen
XY

They could throw even money at DeAndre and the team would be pretty balanced

Last edited by sefant77; 04-03-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:14 PM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
For the Bulls he really does make a lot of sense, specially since they are so high on Dunn as PG

Dunn
LaVine
Mikael
Markkanen
XY

They could throw even money at DeAndre and the team would be pretty balanced
Thats actually a nice lineup for them if it works out that way
Old 04-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #32
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

orlando wins! we're tied now assuming we lose. please lose. Hawks almost own but not looking like they're going to.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #33
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
orlando wins! we're tied now assuming we lose. please lose. Hawks almost own but not looking like they're going to.
F'n Atlanta. So close! Sac town should win tonight. Playing PHX without Booker.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #34
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
F'n Atlanta. So close! Sac town should win tonight. Playing PHX without Booker.
And PHX is up 14 on the Kings...
Old 04-03-2018, 09:43 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
jinx

Old 04-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #36
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

well we're not doing our part...
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #37
sefant77
Guru

Now i feel good

Pistons dont tank because their pick is gone and they play much better after Griffin went down because he killed the spacing for drummond

Sixers are on a 12-0 streak and have the fight for seeding/HCA

Suns may have the worst record in the bag and are allowed to play/win...
Old 04-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #38
Underdog

Last edited by Underdog; 04-04-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #39
BPo001
Diamond Member

That win last night was killer. Still would have a chance for ATL to pass us up. Tough now.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #40
sefant77
Guru

Na, Hawks have Wiz, Celtics, Sixers..they stay at 22 wins