Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #2001
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
They can want in one hand and sht in the other and see which one fill up faster.
And yet every FA we see teams willing to spend.

It's funny how everyone gives shit to the FO for not learning their lesson, but I'm not sure fans have either.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #2002
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

It's funny how everyone gives shit to the FO for not learning their lesson, but I'm not sure fans have either.
Haha. Hoping for an injured Kawhi after what we just went thru with KP probably qualifies. We have made lots of dumb mistakes in FA, like Messley Mathews, Parsons. Failing with Lebron, Dwight, Deron, the good version of DeAndre etc. Steering clear of injured guys should be a no brainer in our situation but we can't help ourself.

I bet we are about to overpay THJ too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #2003
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha. Hoping for an injured Kawhi after what we just went thru with KP probably qualifies. We have made lots of dumb mistakes in FA, like Messley Mathews, Parsons. Failing with Lebron, Dwight, Deron, the good version of DeAndre etc. Steering clear of injured guys should be a no brainer in our situation but we can't help ourself.

I sure hope that’s not the case, but I kinda feel like that’s what going to happen this offseason.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #2004
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

The 76ers, Lakers, Mavericks, Pelicans and Heat are expected to be top suitors for Raptors free agent guard Kyle Lowry, sources said. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic
Old 07-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #2005
BPo001
Diamond Member

The Mavericks have prioritized re-signing free agent Tim Hardaway Jr., sources said. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

Last edited by BPo001; 07-25-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #2006
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
The Mavericks have prioritized re-signing free agent Tim Hardaway Jr., sources said. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic
Hopefully someone outbids us...but I'm sure we will once again outbid ourselves

Old 07-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #2007
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Keeping THJ is the worst thing the team could do. THAT shows no indication of actually getting Luka real help.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:02 PM   #2008
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Keeping THJ is the worst thing the team could do. THAT shows no indication of actually getting Luka real help.
Yea. It would be more of the same terrible decisions. He's more valuable elsewhere.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #2009
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
With the news about re-signing THJ being a priority it seems pretty clear the Mavs want to operate as an over the cap team this summer. I expect them to pursue a sign and trade for one big FA, re-sign THJ, then go after someone with the MLE. Not a bad plan. You have some flexibility there. You could try to get a guard in a SnT then maybe snag Noel with the MLE to be your big. Or just the opposite, get someone like Holmes in SnT and maybe get Dragic with the MLE. As long as Schroeder isn't our big SnT acquisition I'll be happy.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:20 PM   #2010
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
With the news about re-signing THJ being a priority it seems pretty clear the Mavs want to operate as an over the cap team this summer. I expect them to pursue a sign and trade for one big FA, re-sign THJ, then go after someone with the MLE. Not a bad plan. You have some flexibility there. You could try to get a guard in a SnT then maybe snag Noel with the MLE to be your big. Or just the opposite, get someone like Holmes in SnT and maybe get Dragic with the MLE. As long as Schroeder isn't our big SnT acquisition I'll be happy.
Shams or not, it's an educated guess. We are going to be tied to the majority of FAs, and RFA.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #2011
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

For my own sanity’s sake, I refuse to believe we’re banking on Kawhi. Some combination of Richaun Holmes/ Lowry/ Derozan/ Caruso please.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #2012
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Woj is saying Lowry is going to cost between 25-30 mil a year.

So if you guys want Derozan, Norman Powell, Chris Paul, Schroder, Dinwiddie, then you know what the prices are going to be.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #2013
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-25-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #2014
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

So if you guys want Derozan, Norman Powell, Chris Paul, Schroder, Dinwiddie, then you know what the prices are going to be.
Sounds right for Lowry. I'd rather pay that for Demar than Lowry though. Demar is pretty sturdy and we need our additions to be available. I'd be totally fine with Lowry, each have their own advantages.

My top priority is a guard/wing. Then add a big. The rest is icing. Charlotte might be the highest bidder for bigs, Holmes would fit well there. Maybe Noel would wanna run it back here or we try Olynk idk.

My current order for guard/Wings:
Demar
Lowry
Fournier
Norman

Demar, Dragic, Noel seems possible. Maybe work a trade too.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:02 PM   #2015
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Jeez Lowry is going to cost 25-30 mil? He's 35 years old.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #2016
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Jeez Lowry is going to cost 25-30 mil? He's 35 years old.
Every offseason teams seem to pay the ridiculous prices. When broken Hayward got 30 million a year, I knew it was going to be that way forever for decent but not great players.

But yes, I'm all for 30 million a year for Derozan. That's a no-brainer IMO.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-25-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #2017
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Yeah it's nothing new. That's why I was shaking my head no when people were posting about getting John Collins for less than a max contract. He's by no means considered a superstar, but it's just what you pay for good in this era. Especially when his team who just made the ECF can match.

I hope we didn't start that trend by giving Parsons that big contract. There probably were some before that but I can't remember.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-25-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:12 AM   #2018
JustJay

Luka dropped 48 in a 118-100 Slovenia win.

As of this moment Luka is closer to a gold medal than the U.S. is.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-26-2021 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #2019
BPo001
Diamond Member

Someone tweet Cubes..

“I’ve got no indication that Kawhi Leonard is interested in doing anything besides re-signing with the Clippers and rehabbing that injury,” ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said Sunday on the Woj & Lowe Free Agency Special
Old 07-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #2020
BPo001
Diamond Member

Someone tweet Cubes..

“I’ve got no indication that Kawhi Leonard is interested in doing anything besides re-signing with the Clippers and rehabbing that injury,” ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said Sunday on the Woj & Lowe Free Agency Special
Old 07-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #2021
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:

We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are in the contracts that actually get signed. I won't be surprised either way; however, if I were an owner, I'd certainly think twice about some of the ridiculous contracts in light of the falling NBA popularity and ratings that seem to be a reflection of widespread public dissatisfaction with professional athletes making political pronouncements.

I'm all for free speech, but free speech does not mean free from repercussions in a free society. If people choose to tune out and spend their money and attention elsewhere, then that's the risk one takes. I find it interesting how some will jump through hoops, so they don't piss off the chinese but don't give a second thought to pissing off a fair amount of their US fan base.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 09:32 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:38 AM   #2022
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sounds right for Lowry. I'd rather pay that for Demar than Lowry though. Demar is pretty sturdy and we need our additions to be available. I'd be totally fine with Lowry, each have their own advantages.

My top priority is a guard/wing. Then add a big. The rest is icing. Charlotte might be the highest bidder for bigs, Holmes would fit well there. Maybe Noel would wanna run it back here or we try Olynk idk.

My current order for guard/Wings:
Demar
Lowry
Fournier
Norman

Demar, Dragic, Noel seems possible. Maybe work a trade too.
I prefer Demar, also. The age isn't that big of a deal to me. We need to sign people who we can count on for at least the next 2 years if we want to keep Luka.

Signing THJ would be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the foot imo. If we end up retaining him while overpaying then I'm going to have a hard time having any hope for much progress next year. Yeah, THJ and even Brunson can help during the regular season, but they aren't worth crap when it comes playoff time.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #2023
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Every offseason teams seem to pay the ridiculous prices. When broken Hayward got 30 million a year, I knew it was going to be that way forever for decent but not great players.

But yes, I'm all for 30 million a year for Derozan. That's a no-brainer IMO.
I think the biggest issue with some of these guys is not necessarily value/$, but rather getting Cuban to commit to spending that much money in the first place. I've said this for years now, but I still think Cuban has an issue spending money despite his billionaire status/reputation. Hell, he passed on Giannis over $250k. :-O
Old 07-26-2021, 10:16 AM   #2024
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I prefer Demar, also. The age isn't that big of a deal to me. We need to sign people who we can count on for at least the next 2 years if we want to keep Luka.

Signing THJ would be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the foot imo. If we end up retaining him while overpaying then I'm going to have a hard time having any hope for much progress next year. Yeah, THJ and even Brunson can help during the regular season, but they aren't worth crap when it comes playoff time.
Oh yea. THJ wouldn't dare sign for what he's worth to us (12-15m) because he will get 20m or so elsewhere. If we do that then this FO change is nothing new. We'll be fn doomed.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #2025
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Oh yea. THJ wouldn't dare sign for what he's worth to us (12-15m) because he will get 20m or so elsewhere. If we do that then this FO change is nothing new. We'll be fn doomed.
The THJ contract could be really detrimental. Remember this was a contract year for him. If he sucks next year, then you're really screwed with that contract. Remember that NY couldn't give him away.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:32 AM   #2026
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are in the contracts that actually get signed. I won't be surprised either way; however, if I were an owner, I'd certainly think twice about some of the ridiculous contracts in light of the falling NBA popularity and ratings that seem to be a reflection of widespread public dissatisfaction with professional athletes making political pronouncements.

I'm all for free speech, but free speech does not mean free from repercussions in a free society. If people choose to tune out and spend their money and attention elsewhere, then that's the risk one takes. I find it interesting how some will jump through hoops, so they don't piss off the chinese but don't give a second thought to pissing off a fair amount of their US fan base.
Oh this ridiculous narrative again
Old 07-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #2027
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
What if they are doing it because Luka wants him on the team?

Mind you, in the Cavs years Lebron use to have the Cavs hang on to certain guys that they probably should've gotten away from.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #2028
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

They better be going in expect to spend a floor of 25 million......for all of those guys.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #2029
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You're saying he's worth? Are you saying that based on how Carlisle was using him? Because guys of his caliber are getting far more than that on the market.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #2030
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

In light of the failing NBA popularity? Y'all still saying this huh lol?

These teams are allowed to spend this much money because of the money the NBA is making.

NBA is not pissing off a fair mount of their US Fanbase. The US Fan base doesn't give a damn about guys standing up for social issues....if people are tuning out because of it is a small minority of fans that don't even matter to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Oh this ridiculous narrative again
Its so tiresome....ugh....

Quote:
I think the biggest issue with some of these guys is not necessarily value/$, but rather getting Cuban to commit to spending that much money in the first place. I've said this for years now, but I still think Cuban has an issue spending money despite his billionaire status/reputation. Hell, he passed on Giannis over $250k. :-O
He didn't pass on Giannis for 250k...he passed on Giannis for the hopes and prayers of spending money on Deron and Dwight. At least that's how I remember it......

Quote:

Nah every offseason is the same with fans...they act like the wheel has been reinvented....

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-26-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #2031
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You're saying he's worth? Are you saying that based on how Carlisle was using him? Because guys of his caliber are getting far more than that on the market.
To the Mavs. Again, this roster can't afford a streaky 1 trick pony. So 12-15m here, but he will get 20m elsewhere. He would be stupid to turn that down elsewhere and we would be stupid to offer it.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:23 PM   #2032
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
In light of the failing NBA popularity? Y'all still saying this huh lol?

These teams are allowed to spend this much money because of the money the NBA is making.

NBA is not pissing off a fair mount of their US Fanbase. The US Fan base doesn't give a damn about guys standing up for social issues....if people are tuning out because of it is a small minority of fans that don't even matter to begin with.

Its so tiresome....ugh....
Disagree all you want, but I find it more than a bit coincidental the drop in ratings for the NFL, NBA, and now the Olympics. Oh, and Hollywood award show ratings are also at the bottom of the toilet.

While correlation doesn't prove causation, I think it's pretty easy to see the correlation between falling ratings and the increased amount of politics intruding into the various mediums of entertainment.

As far as income goes, the majority of the big dollars NBA teams are earning come from previously signed and negotiated tv deals like the 9-yr ESPN deal for $2.6b which started around 2016 or 2017. If you think those are the numbers that would be bandied about today, then we'll just agree to disagree. No way networks are signing contracts for those numbers in the current climate.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #2033
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Disagree all you want, but I find it more than a bit coincidental the drop in ratings for the NFL, NBA, and now the Olympics. Oh, and Hollywood award show ratings are also at the bottom of the toilet.

While correlation doesn't prove causation, I think it's pretty easy to see the correlation between falling ratings and the increasing amount of politics inserted making way into the various mediums of entertainment.
Whether or not this is the place to discuss it, I buy it to an extent. Of course taking a side in political or social issues is going to have an effect.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #2034
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lowry wants 3/90. I'm all for realistic spending, but I think I'd pass on that.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:36 PM   #2035
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Whether or not this is the place to discuss it, I buy it to an extent. Of course taking a side in political or social issues is going to have an effect.
I agree with you. I only brought it up to point out that when the rubber meets the road, MONEY drives so many of these decisions, and I can understand if some owners decided to be a bit more conservative with their decisions because of the current climate.

Still, it only takes 1 franchise to sign a ridiculous contract, and while it appears to raise the bar for everybody else, it doesn't necessarily demonstrate that a lot of other teams are willing to offer those contracts. Heck, we know the Mavericks have bid against themselves on more than one occasion and overpaid a player. :-/

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #2036
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lowry wants 3/90. I'm all for realistic spending, but I think I'd pass on that.
Agree. Now, if he were 31, then I wouldn't have near as much of an issue with those numbers.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #2037
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

While correlation doesn't prove causation, I think it's pretty easy to see the correlation between falling ratings and the increased amount of politics intruding into the various mediums of entertainment.

As far as income goes, the majority of the big dollars NBA teams are earning come from previously signed and negotiated tv deals like the 9-yr ESPN deal for $2.6b which started around 2016 or 2017. If you think those are the numbers that would be bandied about today, then we'll just agree to disagree. No way networks are signing contracts for those numbers in the current climate.
I guess we’ll ignore all context of the last two years of the world pandemic, and ignore that every sport including golf dropped in ratings.

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-26-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #2038
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I guess we’ll ignore all context of the last two years of the world pandemic, and ignore that every sport including golf dropped in ratings.
Why would you ignore it? That's pretty stupid. It's an obvious correlation, but correlation does not prove causation, but neither is it a reason to summarily dismiss something as a non-factor, and anybody who has been paying attention would laugh if you said politics were a non-factor.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #2039
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

TIL not wanting to get disproportionately targeted, shot, and murdered by police officers was a "side" in a political issue.

The blue lives matter crowd isn't tuning into basketball anyways. They're watching NASCAR, spreading COVID disinformation, and banging their cousins.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #2040
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
TIL not wanting to get disproportionately targeted, shot, and murdered by police officers was a "side" in a political issue.

The blue lives matter crowd isn't tuning into basketball anyways. They're watching NASCAR, spreading COVID disinformation, and banging their cousins.
Regardless of what side of whatever political issue you choose, I think the majority of people tune in to entertainment to be ENTERTAINED and enjoy the medium in which they choose to spend their time and entertainment dollars. In that sense, they prefer their entertainment to be apolitical.

This isn't rocket science. Various parts of the country have been under some form of restriction or lockdown for more than 1 year. Of course, in person attendance was pretty much down to zero, but don't you find it the least bit interesting that with so many people stuck at home as a potential captive audience with limited entertainment alternatives that more than a couple of entertainment mediums failed to attract more viewers with some actually losing viewers?

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks