Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Post Us vs The Super Best Friends

Can we beat the Heat?

I happen to think so - without the need to double team. Dirk can guard Bosh. Marion can guard The Quitness. And Butler can guard D-Wade. With two good defenders at the C (Haywood and Chandler), I believe we can force the Super Best Friends into a pattern of difficult jumpshots. Becuase what the Heat lack is a true post presence (even Big Z is more a jumpshooter). Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Can we beat the Heat?

I happen to think so - without the need to double team. Dirk can guard Bosh. Marion can guard The Quitness. And Butler can guard D-Wade. With two good defenders at the C (Haywood and Chandler), I believe we can force the Super Best Friends into a pattern of difficult jumpshots. Becuase what the Heat lack is a true post presence (even Big Z is more a jumpshooter). Thoughts?
Can we beat the Heat?Of course we can beat Heat.We have good defenders Marion,Butler.This both guys can play in defense and they can score.We have the best paint in the league.Chandler,Dirk,Haywood.Heat haven't got good center player.Of course Big Z is jumpshooter.But he is old and his defense isn't well.Heat are very good team.We must have respect for this team.But I think we have better team.We have complete team.Heat probably not.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dirk can guard Bosh.
Maybe.

Quote:
Marion can guard The Quitness.
Doubtful.

Quote:
And Butler can guard D-Wade.
Absolutely no chance in Hell.

Quote:
With two good defenders at the C (Haywood and Chandler), I believe we can force the Super Best Friends into a pattern of difficult jumpshots. Becuase what the Heat lack is a true post presence (even Big Z is more a jumpshooter). Thoughts?
I agree that the Mavs are well positioned for competitive play from a defensive center standpoint, but honestly I think they're going to give up way too much dribble penetration for that to matter. Defensive centers become far less effective when they're in foul trouble.

As for the jump-shooting, well, that's EXACTLY what the Heat will need from their role players, since Lebron and Wade will be able to get into the paint literally ANY TIME THEY WANT.

I want nothing but misery to happen to the HEAT, but unfortunately I don't see it playing out that way.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

James and Wade will run into the paint and jump inside our center until they sit with foultrouble on the bench or until they won the game with a gazillion FT.

No we wont beat the Heat.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, some SERIOUS basketball discussion...

Lao Tzu, Joseph Smith, Muhammad, Jesus, Sea Man, Buddha, Krishna = ring(s)

You can't beat what you can't catch!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-08-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: needed more cowbell
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can we beat the Heat?

You need to make the SBFs work at both ends of the floor. Funnel drives to your bigs and the baseline. Get your bigs active in the post to make them even smaller via foul trouble. Out-rebound the hell out of them. And have no mercy... every foul must be clean but thorough; to the floor or bust.

They are still the odds-on favorites, in my opinion, but it would be pretty cool to see their season-long rap video interrupted by a big kick in the nutz.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk guard Bosh? NO, but that will go both ways.

Marion guard Lebron? NO. He will probably do about as good as can be expected tho.

Butler or any other SG guard Wade? NO. Imo our best weapon vs Wade might be Dojo because he will attack him in the exact same fashion on the offensive end and the sooner we get him to the bench tired, the better.

Are we gonna be able to stop their dribble penetration and slow down their relentless attack? NO. But they will have to rest at some point

Are we gonna be able to get past the Lakers to even play the Heat in the finals if they even make it there? NO.

Not trying to be debbie but thats how I think this is all gonna play out. The bright side I see is that we have a few players in Dojo and Roddy that can get inside at will and cause some trouble one way or another. The only difference is that the SBF's will get twice the calls that we will even when Dirk has the ball and if we made it to the finals somehow, it would possibly be the worst episode of deja vu ever recorded on TV. But hey maybe the Magic or Celtics can take them down and Kobe breaks his right hand before the playoffs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Marion did a good job last year against James (10/20 and 9/23)...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Marion did a good job last year against James (10/20 and 9/23)...
yeah Marion is good defender.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

We have to bring defense night in and night on regardless of the opponent. If our wings can keep players out of the paint, we have a great shot at winning. Our length alone will create havoc on entry passes. I'd settle down into a zone against the Heat, force them to jump shoot. Do you allow Mike Miller, House or James Jones to beat us from the perimeter, not if LBJ, Wade or Bosh are doing damage. Our first part is to stop the penetration into the paint. If one of those cats goes 10-10 then Stern, I mean God is with them, but the liklihood of 10 for 10 is not good. I think we can use Chandler-Haywood-Mahnimi as a 18 headed monster, I mean 18 hacks to the ground. LBJ will usually matchup with Kidd defensively, if Kidd can look Wade off and find the wing being guarded by Miller, we should be very effective at getting to the cup and drawing fouls on Z or Bosh. The big thing with the Heat is how they lineup LBJ? Start him at the point or 3? I mean Riley got him because he let LBJ know he had more Magic then MJ in him. Now does Riley follow through and start him at PG? That would be a massive lineup. I mean you can run James Jones or Mike Miller at the 3. This makes LBJ that much more dangerous as he will have scorers at 3 of 4 spots. Even with the full time PG title he has a more than capable ball handler in Wade alongside. Scary.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Lao Tzu, Joseph Smith, Muhammad, Jesus, Sea Man, Buddha, Krishna = ring(s)

Oh my God a picture of Muhammad!!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Butler can guard D-Wade.
This is the single most hilarious statement in the history of ever.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Let's just hope that the Heat self-destruct before the season starts...
And the lakers for that matter.

Last edited by craggmac; 09-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Should I throw out the fact that we have not lost to the Heat in a single game since they deflated our Championship hopes in the Finals?

That has to count for something! (I wish)
Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #15
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
We have to bring defense night in and night on regardless of the opponent. If our wings can keep players out of the paint, we have a great shot at winning. Our length alone will create havoc on entry passes. I'd settle down into a zone against the Heat, force them to jump shoot. Do you allow Mike Miller, House or James Jones to beat us from the perimeter, not if LBJ, Wade or Bosh are doing damage. Our first part is to stop the penetration into the paint. If one of those cats goes 10-10 then Stern, I mean God is with them, but the liklihood of 10 for 10 is not good. I think we can use Chandler-Haywood-Mahnimi as a 18 headed monster, I mean 18 hacks to the ground.
Nice plan but how do you spell ejection and suspension? Its the damn Mavs, we are not allowed to do such things, remember?

The weak spot of the Heat is defending the opponents frontcourt because of Bosh and undersized Haslem. Z is done anyway. So im pretty sure a big part of the game plan of the Heat will be to let Wade and James drive until the opponents key bigman or center is in foultrouble.

I can predict allready that it will be pretty pretty annoying and frustrating to see a Heat game next year. And i will handle it like i always did after 2006: I wont watch a game including D. Wade and specially not now combined with the other travel- and FT king.

There is just so many better things to do with this time. Like sitting on the toilet.

Last edited by sefant77; 09-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
41mvp
Golden Member

we must belief in our team.We can beat the Heat

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-21-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

And JJB will guard Mike Miller!
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
sefant77
Guru

No, JJB will drive into 2-3 defenders as usual and throw some wild "layup/floater" s*** up in the air but this time with Chandler he can pretend it was an alley-oop pass to Chandler...

Last edited by sefant77; 09-09-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

You know it's really a silly debate because the only reason we'd have to worry about beating the Heat is if we got to the finals, and that just ain't gonna happen.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:33 AM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Just so were clear, you guys do know caron butler is not a good defender right?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #21
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Caron Butler is good at guarding the straws at Burger King.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't he also only chew Mickey D straws?

Something's not right there...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #23
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Can the Mavs beat Stern? Now that's the real question...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Doesn't he also only chew Mickey D straws?

Something's not right there...
It's a conspiracy.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Herman shows ´em how to do it . >0:35 min< ..
Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #26
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Looks like I was right. I believe some of the posters here over-estimated the Heat...
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #27
sefant77
Guru

Its not playoff time, there you have to add at least 10 more FTA each game
Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #28
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

The Heat's FT performance in the 4th Q tonight was impressive. They started a superb strategy of throwing themselves at the basket and ended up shooting about 15 in the quarter.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #29
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The Heat's FT performance in the 4th Q tonight was impressive. They started a superb strategy of throwing themselves at the basket and ended up shooting about 15 in the quarter.
That´s what they will do come playoff time = approx. 50 FTA...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I can't believe I actually watch a sport where the objective is to get a penalty called by the referee as a strategy..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I can't believe I actually watch a sport where the objective is to get a penalty called by the referee as a strategy..
NBA would be so much better if they started handing out technicals and/or fines for flops.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #32
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
NBA would be so much better if they started handing out technicals and/or fines for flops.
Wasn't that part of the plans when the Queens were running Chocolate, Vlade and CWebb out there? Then Stern saw Wade and wiped the slate clean on that.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #33
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

come on guys stop whining about the refs, you're making us look bad. we had more free throw attempts than they did in the game, and the refs even T'd up wade at a critical 4th quarter moment, when there were a couple times i thought they could have t'd up our guys for complaining but they let it slide. sure there were a couple ticky tack calls on both sides of the ball (the lebron 3 point play and the wade steal on jet that looked clean comes to mind). but we did win the game, right? i've seen many many many worse called games than this one.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
41mvp
Golden Member

We beat the Heats twice!!!Can we beat the Heat?Of course!!!

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-21-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
come on guys stop whining about the refs, you're making us look bad. we had more free throw attempts than they did in the game, and the refs even T'd up wade at a critical 4th quarter moment, when there were a couple times i thought they could have t'd up our guys for complaining but they let it slide. sure there were a couple ticky tack calls on both sides of the ball (the lebron 3 point play and the wade steal on jet that looked clean comes to mind). but we did win the game, right? i've seen many many many worse called games than this one.
Not to mention the early calls on LeBron that kept him on the bench for significant stretches and had Miami playing zone defense to lower the likelihood he'd get another in the second half.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #36
Mavericks Rockets Fan

I think it is appropriate to now bump this...
Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #37
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Wow! I read all the posts thinking they had been posted today; at the end, I realized they were posted in 2010!!!

No wonder I was going loco with the "Butler can defend D-Wade" argument. I thought some sort of miraculous healing had occurred.

Sleep deprivation....
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
You know it's really a silly debate because the only reason we'd have to worry about beating the Heat is if we got to the finals, and that just ain't gonna happen.
God, sometimes I just really really love being wrong.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #39
Monstergame

Monstergame will become famous soon enough

Christ Almighty... I also thought GOD said: Yes... and Caron suddenly had a miraculous healing.
Monstergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #40
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody of the media cares to point out that it needed an epic collapse by the Bulls to win this game and that the Heatles went super-lucky? No? Thought so ...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ican guard cadbans mother, quitness, thread diarrhea, thread is from october