Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Jason -vs- Freddy

OK...who's going to go see this clash of the titans this weekend?

and futher more..who are you rooting for? Jason Vorhees or Freddy Krueger

give me the underdog...Jason Vorhees

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

*Yawn*

I think I'll pass.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I heard that it's a blood-and-gore extravagant (big surprise).
Not a "Nightmare" or "Friday" fan so I'm not so worked up on watching it, but I might... out of morbid curiosity.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Give me Jason even though Freddy will win. I hate Freddy with a passion. When I first heard about the movie without knowing the title I thinking Freddy and Jason were teaming up rather than fighting each other. I can't imagine how that is going to work. I think acting is going to suffer in this film but i'd probaly go see jsut because I enjoy the Freddy and Jason movies.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Give me Jason even though Freddy will win. I hate Freddy with a passion. When I first heard about the movie without knowing the title I thinking Freddy and Jason were teaming up rather than fighting each other. I can't imagine how that is going to work. I think acting is going to suffer in this film but i'd probaly go see jsut because I enjoy the Freddy and Jason movies.
Please don't tell me that you thought ANY of the Freddy or Jason films had good acting.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jason -vs- Freddy

I'll see it this weekend. I'm a fan of the earlier Friday the 13th movies. I've always hated the Nightmare ones though.

I'm going for Jason.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:26 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I can't wait for this movie...it's going to be hilarious. Seriously, this movie WILL rock...as long as you don't go in expecting too much.

My number one scenario: Michael Myers pops out of nowhere at the end and kills both of them.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:25 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Please don't tell me that you thought ANY of the Freddy or Jason films had good acting.

No not those I saw that Kelly Rowland was a co-star and I think John Ritter's son is also in it. Those are the two I know can't but its a horror film so I guess as long as they just act like they are scared they shoudl be alright.

1996-2005
Old 08-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #9
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I'm pulling for Rocky. Oh, wait he's not in it. He should be.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone heard about the 'idea' they're throwing around for the next one?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:10 PM   #11
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

next what?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been waiting for this for the last year and a half. My bro and I are going to see the first showing of the flick on Friday, and I am hopeful that the many early positive signs that this will be a good movie are correct...

As to the question of the victor: It is awfully hard to stop immortal 6-4 berzerker giants... Jason is going to take round one of this three movie series...

Jason Voorhees says: I won't die...
Old 08-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

me v both of them?? No competition.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
next what?
The sequel, the next installment.

They want the pair to team up and fight Ash.

Army of Darkness anyone?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #15
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

I think it's a cool idea to mesh these two horror icons together in a movie.

I wonder how there are going to spin this off as a sequel. Will they both be in all 3 of the movies?
Or will they incorporate other characters?

Leatherface? Pinhead?

the ideas are endless..
Old 08-14-2003, 09:55 AM   #16
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

As for the winner: Who are you most scared of when you were a little kid? Are you scared of the guy you can outrun, or the guy that can kill you in your sleep?

I take Freddy.

In my opinion, they should've done this movie 5 or 6 years ago. There would have been more media hype if this movie didn't come out at the same time as Terminator 3, S.W.A.T, Bad Boys2, etc.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #17
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Definitley seeing this movie this weekend.

As far as Jason and Freddy taking on Bruce Campbell from Army of Darkness, that will rock.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #18
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

actually I'm glad thay waited on the movie. This movie should look awesome visually because of all the advancements they've made in cinematography. Krueger looks even more gruesome than he did back in those NOES movies.

Freddy would scare me the most because the dude can get into your dreams. Jason, if any of his victims had any sense, could be gottin away from. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, but jason has some things going for him. determination and persistence. you can run all you want. hell, you can drive away or catch a plane across the country. and he'll just walk. months later he'll show up at your door ready to kill ya. and you thought you could get away...
Old 08-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #20
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
It is awfully hard to stop immortal 6-4 berzerker giants...
speaking of 6' 4" berzerker giants...!!! [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #21
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

The movie looks really crazy. It's like watching a boxing match with 2 horror icons. I wonder if they will release a fighting game based on this movie? If they didn't; they would be crazy. Sony and X-box makers would make a fortune off this game. I want to pull for Jason, but I think everyone knows Freddy will win. NOES were not that scarey except NOES part 1 was pretty scarey, but the rest were funny with Freddy throwing out 1 liners all the time. Most of the FT13th movies were all more freakier escpecially the one with the girl that had the powers to move things with her mind.
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #22
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a way to squeeze an extra few million out of two aging franchises. That said, i'll probably end up going to see it anyway. If this is going to be a trend then Leatherface should definitely make an appearance somewhere. When i was a kid i could sit through NOES, FT13, hellraiser, whatever without blinking but Texas Chainsaw Massacre freaked me out.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:26 PM   #23
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
ah, but jason has some things going for him. determination and persistence. you can run all you want. hell, you can drive away or catch a plane across the country. and he'll just walk. months later he'll show up at your door ready to kill ya. and you thought you could get away...
But Freddy could get you everyday. You have to go to sleep.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 08-14-2003, 03:32 PM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, but the horror part is that you would have completely forgotten about being chased by Jason. You'd think you were safe... then you'd get hacked to pieces one day after you open the door thinking it's the prize patrol...
Old 08-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #25
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
ah, but the horror part is that you would have completely forgotten about being chased by Jason. You'd think you were safe... then you'd get hacked to pieces one day after you open the door thinking it's the prize patrol...
But Freddy has the capability to get you anytime he wants to, rather it be today, tomorrow, or months for now. Jason is slow and has to wait months to catch someone.

~The Salesman
Old 08-14-2003, 04:00 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

right, but which is worse? knowing you are going to die (a la Freddy), or forgetting about it and then SURPRISE! you die (a la jason).

at least with the first, you have time to go sky diving or something else you've never done... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
right, but which is worse? knowing you are going to die (a la Freddy), or forgetting about it and then SURPRISE! you die (a la jason).

at least with the first, you have time to go sky diving or something else you've never done... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'd like to place my order now.

I'd take the surprise any day.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Freddy relishes tormenting his victims for spells before killing them, but he is far from unstoppable... Bring him into the real world and he is prone to get burned, beaten up, and frustrated....

Jason is a master of lurking in his woods and killing off his victims suddenly, creatively, and overwhelmingly... He will demolish his foes, crashing through doors and windows, smashing and rendering, and you cannot kill him and few of his movie foes have been able to stop him (chaining him up on the bottom of Crystal lake appears to have been the most effective method)...

Freddy is probably going to torment the retarded, child's mentality of Jason in an attempt to control or kill him in tomorrow's movie, but Freddy will come to regret becoming involved with the immutable, destructive force that is Jason...

Old 08-17-2003, 02:27 AM   #29
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Just got back from this movie...

If you are someone who could appreciate a good, cheesy horror flick..this movis is awesome. If you want something spectacular and brilliant acting, no dice.

I liked it. Fun movie...and oh, the one-liners!
Old 08-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

It made $36 million on Friday and Saturday alone. I must say I thought this was a for sure flop. I just didn't see the promotion but i'm glad it didn't go out like a flop. After seeing Jason X i'm suprised anyone even watched this film.

1996-2005
Old 08-18-2003, 08:26 AM   #31
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ocelot, I thought the movie was pretty good. If you take it for what it's worth, you'll have a good time.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote