Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-08-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shockey calls Parcells 'homo' ...

The season hasn't even started, yet Jeremy Shockey is getting a head start … off the field.

ESPN

I hope he is marked when we play the Giants
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I love what Shockey does on the field , but trying to take on the coach of another team who plays your team twice this year just doesn't make sense. Shockey just needs to keep it on the field and away from the media. I wanna see how Parcells plays him this season.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Shockey is one of the most overrated players in the NFL if not the most.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed Filthy Fin, he's another one of those overhyped New York players.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

How many feet can one guy stuff in the same mouth?

Shockey has some growing up to do.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shockey calls Parcells 'homo' ...

man, i HATE shockey. the hatred came about mostly do the overrating, but also his unbelievable attitude. it reached it's high point during a game late in the season (heck, i think it may have been in their playoff game against the 49ers). 2nd and 10. pass to shockey for 6 yards. he gets up, showboats and puts his finger to his mouth to try and shush the opposing crowd (you know, in that showboating way). This was after a 6 yard pass! not even a first down! and on the next play, the giants failed to convert and had to punt. the whole act was so absurd, my hatred grew... what a prick.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #7
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, Shockey is my least favorite player in the NFL. Quite an accomplishment for him to have inspired such hatred in us all in JUST ONE YEAR. He must be proud.

I think it's all too fitting that he's dating Tara Reid...
Old 08-08-2003, 01:35 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

I feel dumb. Who is Tara Reid?
Old 08-08-2003, 01:39 PM   #9
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

The very skanky blonde girl who "starred" in American Pie. She was engaged to Carson Daly. Really, no one is quite sure why she's famous-- other than the fact that she's constantly drunk, constantly half-dressed and constantly splashed all over the pages of US magazine.

And, of course, I read US religiously. It's a shameful addiction. So really, Doc, it speaks well for you that you haven't heard to this C-list celebrity.

But knowing that, don't you just think that she and Shockey make the cuuuuuuuutest couple?
Old 08-08-2003, 01:42 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Certainly sounds like an appropriate couple. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ugh.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:45 PM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

We can only hope they never procreate.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i saw something on vh1 about all the people she's dated...

included in that are daly, tom brady, shockey, fred durst...

found this link... a lot of patriot fans were upset. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.derok.net/derok/bradyreid.html
Old 08-08-2003, 02:33 PM   #13
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Reid's Latest claim to fame is that she was with Ben Affleck and Christian Slater at the Strip club.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 02:51 PM   #14
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

For some reason, Tara Reid reminds me of Tori Spelling, although she's more attractive.

I agree, btw, never quite sure why some people are so hyped up in the entertainment industry.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:11 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Tara Reid is one of the most overrated actresses in Hollywood if not the most.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good couple indeed.

1996-2005
Old 08-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Its one thing to say something and stand up to it like a man but he is denying it even though the guy has him saying it on tape. Parcells statement was right on anyway. I'm just curious why did he use homo for a insult towards Parcells? That kind of blue me away right there.

1996-2005
Old 08-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #17
Tony tha Mavs fan

Don't be shocked
By Tom Friend
ESPN The Magazine
Friday, August 8
Updated: August 8
3:58 PM ET

Bill Parcells once called one of his receivers a "she.''

Payback's a b----.

Jeremy Shockey's latest comments about Parcells being a "homo'' are crude and inappropriate ... but it's just how he talks, it's just the redneck in him. It's how he talks around his teammates, around his heavy metal buddies, around Ashton Kutcher, around "chicks'' and, more recently, around people with microphones. This isn't about Shockey thinking Bill Parcells is gay, it's about him hating the Cowboys, despising the Cowboys. He's from Oklahoma -- Cowboy country -- and he thought those same Cowboys were going to draft him out of college. But Dallas took Roy Williams with the eighth overall pick instead, and Shockey flipped out. When I interviewed him for ESPN the Magazine earlier this summer, he said, "I wanted to kill'' the Cowboys. "I wanted to run everyone over on the team. Jerry Jones -- I wanted to run him over and step on his face.''

He meant it. In both games against the Cowboys last year, Shockey worked himself up into a pre-game rage. "Dallas, that's always the game for me to get pissed off,'' he said in our interview. "Then I go in and get hurt the first game. Got my foot blown up. Got my ligament tore. My ligament got tore in my foot. I'm like, damn, first game's over with. So I'm getting rehabbed and I start playing pretty good. Second game against the Cowboys comes up, I did okay, but only caught about 3 or 4 passes, I was pissed. After the game, I went in the weight room and just did squats and just benched, did arms. Went in there and tried to kill myself on the machines. Because I was so pissed off. I was sitting out there cussing our tight ends coach Mike Pope out. Like you f---ing, mother------, you didn't get me the ball. You know I wanted to kill these mother-------. I've been working for this for years just trying to hurt these guys. Not hurting them from the standpoint, just catching a couple passes. I wanted to hurt them to their soul. And I wasn't able to do it. I don't know if it was they were keying on me, or we were beating them so bad we were running the ball. So I just came in the weight room after the second game and just did workouts ... Just killed myself, because I didn't feel like I got a workout out there.

"But, you know what, I feel that about every team that passed on me in the draft, so all of them are on pay back. They didn't think I was good enough ... Damn right, that's how I feel. I take it personal. Hey, you didn't think I was good enough to play for your team, you picked somebody else, wait until we play you. I'll make you pay. I'll make you think you should've picked me over your other guy.''

And so that's all why he's ripping into Parcells now -- because Parcells is the new Cowboy coach. Shockey just verbalizes it differently. He used the dumb word he used, but the way Jeremy Shockey degrades someone is to call them a "homo'' or a "faggot.'' It's who he is.

And, you know what, why did Parcells get a free pass? He once called Terry Glenn a "she,'' and everyone decided Parcells was doing what coaches do, being macho. See, this is the football player mentality, this is Jeremy Shockey's mentality. I doubt he'll change.

But the New York football Giants will try to change him. They'll probably sit in on every interview from now on. After his homophobic comments on Howard Stern last season, Shockey says the PR staff "put me on probation for a couple weeks ... They were kind of, 'What are you going on Howard Stern for?' And the next time, they were like, 'Any time you've got off-the-field interviews, you come through us. I'm like, 'aw right.'

But now he's gone off again, and now the bullseye's on him. He'll be a marked man all season. After the Stern comments last year -- when he said he didn't think gays should be in his locker room -- he says defenders were calling him "long hair faggot'' in piles. And that fans were chanting, "Shockey's gay ... Shockey's gay.''

It'll continue now -- and don't think the rest of the league's players mind. He's not very popular out there.

For instance, in last year's Wild Card playoff game, Shockey says a 49er defensive back came up to him after an incompletion and said, "No white guy's gonna catch a pass on me like that.'' Shockey flipped the player off -- everyone presumes it was safety Tony Parrish -- and all the 49ers saw it.

"I think he gets away with some stuff that other people wouldn't be able to,'' Parrish said to me about Shockey. "A lot of the stuff he does after the catch and on the sideline ... a prime example here, flipping people off, throwing a cup of ice at those kids. If T.O. did stuff like that, it wouldn't fly. Shockey gets away with things like that ... I think it would be a big issue if it were other individuals. So, take that however it be.

"Honestly, think if T.O. did something like that, what would it turn into? You saw the blowup after the sharpie. I'm saying if you flip off the crowd and threw some water and hit some kids, what do you think it'd turn into? He's got away with some stuff. And I guess some light's being shed on him, so let's see what happens this coming season.''

Shockey heard Parrish's comments, and got ticked off again: "I got fined every week, almost,'' Shockey said. "So I don't know what Parrish is talking about. I'm sure he's not a very intelligent man. He probably don't watch, and he's around T.O ... I guarantee you, if I had pulled a sharpie out of my sock at Giant Stadium and signed a football and threw it to the crowd, they'd probably put me a bigger fine than probably he got ... They didn't even fine him, did they? You know me, I throw a ball in the stands, just throw it to somebody, and I get fined. I wear a Titleist hat at the end of the game, and they try to fine me $15,000, because it's non-NFL apparel, so I don't think they're going to treat me different than him. I'll be more under the microscope because where I play at and more people watch the Giants and it's in a bigger market than San Francisco. So I think I'll probably be under the microscope more ...

"I don't know what Tony Parrish is talking about ... Is that his name? I don't know. Ask me what he's smoking? Because I don't know what he's talking about.''

But this is who Shockey is; get used to it. This is someone who doesn't want to drive Mercedes or BMWs because "if I want to hit somebody else with my car, I don't want to be afraid to hit 'em! If I want to take out a mailbox, I'll take out a mailbox. I don't want a car that you feel bad because you take it to the carwash and you feel it's going to get scratched."

This is someone who wants to go back to the University of Miami at the age of 30 and get his degree "because I'll get to scam college chicks again."

This is someone who just doesn't see the difference between calling someone "homo" and calling someone "jerk." In fact, at our magazine shoot with Shockey, he was photographed by an openly gay photographer who called him "honey", and he acted appropriately. The photographer even invited him to come back and party some time, and he said, "For sure, for sure."

Even gave up his cell number.

Think they'll call?

Tom Friend is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine
Old 08-08-2003, 03:36 PM   #18
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I'm starting to think Shockey might actually be a closet homosexual. Seriously.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:03 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
I'm starting to think Shockey might actually be a closet homosexual. Seriously.

Or at least bi-curious. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I hate that Shockey gets dismissed as being a redneck in an attempted justification. I know plenty of rednecks who aren't so socially insensitive. Shockey just offended the rednecks? Oh my.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:47 PM   #20
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Lay off Tara Reid, at least the guy's. I sincerely doubt any men on this site, not married at least, wouldn't have sex with her if the opportunity presented itself.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #21
Tony tha Mavs fan

She is very doable, Tara Reid's a hottie, she's just out with alot of different guys...from what i read.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #22
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
She is very doable, Tara Reid's a hottie, she's just out with alot of different guys...from what i read.
Oh, she definately gets around, but damn, i'll leave it at that....
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:09 PM   #23
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Well. Shockey is my favorite player, so we are on different sides of the universe. But i'm a Giants fan so that is pretty much how it works for a player like Shockey, if he is on your team he is your favorite player, if he is not on your team you hate his guts. He may be a little overhyped but not overrated, in his 2nd year he might be the best player at his position or atleast 2nd behind Tony G. in KC. He completely changed the complex of the Giants offense, and was All-pro his first year. And lets be honest here, I would bet half the people on the board has used the word "homo" or has been in the company of somebody who has, joking around with friends, brothers, yelling it at a player, etc. That doesn't make you or the person who was with you gay or anything. Monday Night Football, Sept.15 Giants vs. Cowboys will be must see TV, Shockey vs. Roy Williams. I fully expect Shockey to run over Williams 4-5 times.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #24
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Shockey is one snapped ligament from oblivion.

Nowhere near as accomplished as Bavarro, the amount of hype this cracker punk has received is way out of proportion to the significance of what he's done on the field.

Is he going to end up being the NFL's version of a Latrell Sprewell-type player?

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #25
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I'm with you he is no Mark Bavarro, one of my all-time Giants memories is Mark dragging half of the Bills defense in the 90 SuperBowl, but Shockey is only in his 2nd year, and hype aside he is a freak of nature and if he was released today or put on the trading block within seconds every single team in the NFL would be trading away 1st round draft picks for years, running backs, recievers, etc. to get him. Can anybody honestly say they wouldn't want him on the Cowboys if it was possible?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:28 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

lvubun... if someone uses the word homo when talking with their friends, that's kinda bad in it's own right. but shockey said this in an interview! something he had to have known would get published. so either

A) he's an idiot
B) he consciously wants the negative attention
c) he's an idiot

take your pick.

and right on with the bavaro talk, kiki.

shockey is good, i don't deny that. but his attitude and showboating makes him look worse than he is.

as for tara reid... yeah, she's kinda good-looking... i guess people would hook up with her, if they don't mind a girl that smells like cigarettes and jack daniels...
Old 08-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #27
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Shockey will not make my draft this month.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:21 PM   #28
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I had Shockey on my fanatasy league team. It was a touchdown league, and Shockey was disappointing. I hope Coakley, Woody and Roy rip his head off and spit down his neck.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 11:15 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
I'm with you he is no Mark Bavarro, one of my all-time Giants memories is Mark dragging half of the Bills defense in the 90 SuperBowl, but Shockey is only in his 2nd year, and hype aside he is a freak of nature and if he was released today or put on the trading block within seconds every single team in the NFL would be trading away 1st round draft picks for years, running backs, recievers, etc. to get him. Can anybody honestly say they wouldn't want him on the Cowboys if it was possible?

Last season I was hoping the Cowboys would draft Shockey by somehwo drafting down and getting him. I no longer feel that way anymore. While some of it has to do with Shockey Roy is going to be a stud. I thought the guy played terrific in his rookie season and he is only going to get better and possibly be one of the best at his position. No one is questioning his play even though I do think he is overrated. There just seems like something is wrong in the head with him. He is like a tight end Randy Moss. There is one thing to use the word homo around friends but its another thing to use it in a interview. Doesn't he have enough sense what to say if he wants to diss Parcells? Homo is the last word that he should ever use publicly. Its funny that he calls the guy who is responsible for the Giants there last Super Bowl trophy a homo.

BTW, I will put money that Shockey will never run over Roy not even once.

1996-2005
Old 08-09-2003, 09:11 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Tara Reid was on Jay Leno last night. She was not that hot. I was disappointed.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:20 AM   #31
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

All cracker...no cheese.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:12 AM   #32
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with the comments Shockey made about Parcells. Many people talk like that all the time, he just has the balls to say it in front of a reporter. And he is saying it about the person who is not exactly Politically Correct all the time either.

BTW, Shockey is not overrated, he played half of his rookie season on turf toe and still managed to be the second best at his position. Not too shaby.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 01:15 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: steponhens
I have no problem with the comments Shockey made about Parcells. Many people talk like that all the time, he just has the balls to say it in front of a reporter. And he is saying it about the person who is not exactly Politically Correct all the time either.

BTW, Shockey is not overrated, he played half of his rookie season on turf toe and still managed to be the second best at his position. Not too shaby.

Yea but he got more praise than Tony Gonzalez and that shouldn't happen and wouldn't happen if he didn't play for a New York team. People do talk like that all of the time but you don't use the word "homo" to hurt someones feelings. You can call them dipshit,bitch,asshole or whatever. Those hurt alot worse but why use the word homo? Thats just ignorant. And he knows this which is why he is denying it.

BIO, I saw her on Leno also. I've also seen her in the American Pie films and never did get why people liked her. She has nothing on Shannon Elizabeth. Tara Reid is going to be in Van Wilder's National Lampoon film that comes on tonight on Showtime for all the Tara Reid fans.

1996-2005
Old 09-16-2003, 06:54 PM   #34
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

This one needs a bump.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #35
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

We still have one more giants game left. Come on even if it was a stupid statement you gotta say the guy has balls for saying something like that about a legendary coach. I like it when athletes sputter whats on their mind it makes the game so much more interesting well at least the story line.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #36
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
We still have one more giants game left. Come on even if it was a stupid statement you gotta say the guy has balls for saying something like that about a legendary coach. I like it when athletes sputter whats on their mind it makes the game so much more interesting well at least the story line.
I am not sure if it is having balls to say or being just plain stupid.

IMO, Shockey could not handle all the popularity he got in New York. I am not contesting his talent. The guy is very talented on the field and is an idiot off the field.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:15 AM   #37
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

very talented? hell, i could get out there and drop WIDE OPEN touchdown passes, then blame it on not wearing gloves.

there was a good TE from Miami on the field monday night, and it wasn't Shockey.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:19 AM   #38
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
very talented? hell, i could get out there and drop WIDE OPEN touchdown passes, then blame it on not wearing gloves.

there was a good TE from Miami on the field monday night, and it wasn't Shockey.
he had an off game and I am not complaining about that. The guy is talented. He lead the league in receiving yards as a TE last year although he was a rookie.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:27 PM   #39
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Shockey calls Parcells 'homo' ...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Shockey is one snapped ligament from oblivion.

Nowhere near as accomplished as Bavarro, the amount of hype this cracker punk has received is way out of proportion to the significance of what he's done on the field.

Is he going to end up being the NFL's version of a Latrell Sprewell-type player?
Shockey Could Be Out for Season
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: November 10, 2003

Filed at 2:38 p.m. ET

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- New York Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey might miss the rest of the season with a sprained knee.

He will not need surgery but the recovery is six to eight weeks, coach Jim Fassel said. An MRI on Monday showed a partial tear of the posterior cruciate ligament.

Fassel refused to say which knee Shockey hurt, although it appeared he was favoring his left knee Monday.

Shockey stepped on a defender's foot running while running a fourth-quarter pass pattern in a 27-7 loss to Atlanta on Sunday.

Shockey, who set a team record for tight ends with 74 catches as a rookie, had 48 catches this season for 535 yards and two touchdowns. He had three catches for 46 yards Sunday.

Shockey was not immediately available for comment.

While Shockey has an outside chance of returning, Fassel indicated he might place the NFL's top receiving tight end on injured reserve because of Sunday's numerous injuries.

Backup tight end Marcellus Rivers popped a shoulder and was hit in the throat. Receiver Tim Carter sustained a concussion, and starting cornerback Ralph Brown separated a shoulder that will sideline him two to four weeks.

Fassel said he might have to sign players for next Sunday's game against Philadelphia.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:51 AM   #40
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Shockey calls Parcells 'homo' ...

Parcells Calls Shockey a Fragile Homo
by Ima Goofus
EPSN the Magazine
Monday, November 10, 2003
Updated, November 10, 2003 19:52:03

Amidst the rumors that New York Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey may be lost for the season, coach Jim Fassel confirmed that he will be without the controversial player for six to eight weeks. An MRI was performed on Shockey who was advised not to play for at least two months according to team sources. Fassel called the loss, "unfortunate and devastating" adding that players may need to be signed this week to cover for this and other injuries.

Shockey, who earlier referred to new Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells as a "homo" has been nothing short of a lightning rod during his short tenure in New York. When advised of the news Sunday evening on Shockey, Parcells was asked if he thought Shockeys loss could tip the scales towards his Cowboys team. An unusually coy Parcells only half jokingly replied that the Cowboys "have to be favored at this point anyways. We are in first right?" Parcells then deflected most of the questions regarding the earlier "homo" reference, but did state, "I could be a homo in his eyes I guess, but at least I am not a fragile homo" throwing a not so thinly veiled volley back to New York amid shocked but robust laughter by reporters.

Although likely lost for the year, look for Shockey to use the latest volley to fire up his teammates. Look for the fued to heat up next year if Shockey can regain his tough edge and dominating field presence. But only if he can show he isn't fragile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote