Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Browns' Winslow out for season...DMN article

find it here
CLEVELAND – Browns rookie tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. needs a second operation on his right leg and will miss the remainder of this season.

Winslow, who broke his fibula during a loss on Sept. 19 in Dallas and had it operated on last week, will have surgery Wednesday to stabilize ligaments.

Winslow, the No. 6 overall pick in this year's draft, was initially expected to be out for at least eight to 10 weeks but will now need longer to recover.

"Our No. 1 concern is Kellen's health and his long-term contribution to the Cleveland Browns," coach Butch Davis said in a statement Tuesday. "We know he will approach his rehabilitation with the same determination that he shows on the football field and look forward to his return for the 2005 season."

Winslow fractured his fibula – the outer bone in his lower leg – while scrambling to recover an onside kick in the final seconds of the Browns' 19-12 loss to the Cowboys.

Last week, the first-round draft pick had screws and plates inserted to stabilize the fracture that was clean through the bone.

Following the surgery, Davis reported that doctors found no ligament damage and said there was a good chance Winslow would be back in November.

But after evaluating Winslow, team doctors decided he needed more surgery.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Browns' Winslow out for season...DMN article

too bad...
Oh well, one less self-absorbed moron on the field.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Browns' Winslow out for season...DMN article

Quote:
Oh well, one less self-absorbed moron on the field.
now if there was only something we could do to set up T.O. to take a few good hits from Roy Williams....I cant wait to see Roy light that punk up this year.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Usually I'm all for far sportsmanship, but he's one guy that I would send a cheap hit his way. But fortunately he got injured on a legit play.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:23 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, that couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Except maybe Jeremy Shockey.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #6
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

It's amazing they'd have such an important player play on the special teams unit where you're supposed to try and tackle people. It's not like he was the wedge-buster or anything but still...
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:55 PM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Browns' Winslow out for season...DMN article

Well you always want to put your "good hands" unit out on the field for on-side kicks!