Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, had to start the game day thread. This should have been started at least by yesterday afternoon.

Predictions? anyone?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 99
Blazers 95

The Mavs get a better all around game from some other players tonight.

Dirk 22 and 14
Fin 20 & 6
Nash 16 & 9
Bradley 6, 7 & 4
Lafrentz 14 & 6
NVE 14

everyone else combines for little else as the rotation continues to tighten
Old 04-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Well since you won the last one Murph we will allow it this time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But you never start the game day thread a day early. At the very least should have been started by 12:01 a.m. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mavs win 105-99.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:47 AM   #4
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

Mavs 101 Blazers 93

Dirk: 31/13/5 assists
Fin: 15/5... still rusty, shoots 39%
Nash: 17 and 9 assists
Nick: 14, with 2 big 3 pointers

We get beat up on the boards but make up for it with good shooting, and capitalizing on turn-overs, and another great game by Dirk. Dirk gets doubled more but finds the open man every time.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:49 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

the threads need to be up early during the playoffs especially. people want to discuss the game before it happens.

Old 04-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs go to Portland up 2-0.

103-99

edit for stupid type-o's.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Blazers' plan to shut down Dirk backfires like a broken toilet as Finley, Nash and NVE take over.
Mavs win by 15.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:12 AM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I think we get an all-round effort from the mavs too but I expect a blowout.

115-89 Mavs go up 2-0.

Dirk gets a triple double though.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

111-98 mavs
Old 04-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #10
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Mavs will jump to 2-0, score over 100...Dirk continues to rule, NASH will have a huge game, too...

103-89 Mavs...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:23 AM   #11
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

101-98 Mavericks.

Tough, physical game. If Bonzi is acting like a thug, NVE or Finley definitely gets in his face. Nellie gets a technical. We see badass, pissed off Dirk as he gets 37 and 14. Finley scores 24.

I could be jumping the gun here, but there will definitely be a game or two like this in the series, it might not be until the Blazers get a little more desperate though.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:49 AM   #12
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs 104-96.

Let's see if Fin gets off in this one. That would be much needed.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:13 AM   #13
ABM

ABM is on a distinguished road

Can I get in?

Mavs 118 Blazers 74
ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #14
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<< Can I get in?

Mavs 118 Blazers 74
>>

Working the angle of if I go against them they will win huh ...

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 04-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #15
ABM

<<

<< Can I get in?

Mavs 118 Blazers 74
>>

Working the angle of if I go against them they will win huh ...
>>

Who, moi? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #16
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Tis okay now.... The GODS have realized it with me stating it in this thread, so the Mavs will surely win now as the GODS won't allow you to go against the grain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nice try though...

Old 04-23-2003, 11:45 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs win 102 to 97 Dirk doesn't get 50 but not thanks to Bonzi who is ejected 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter for his 2nd dumbass technical of the game.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #18
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Mavs win! 95-88
Just wish that Nellie will find a way to play more players.
If the starting lineup scores consistently, there should be no problem to mix Griffin, Abdul-Wahad or Bell in there.

Edit:
My girlfriend dreamed: 120-40 Dirk scores 70 points. Normally her dreams come true.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

102-86, Mavs win.

Dirk--32pts, 12rbs, 7as

Fin--22pts, 6rbs, 3as

Nash--18pts, 10as

Bradley--8pts, 9rbs, 4blks

Raef--10pts, 7rbs, 3blks

I look for them to get Fin involved early, instead of waiting for the 2nd half if he's still hesitant.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #20
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Mavs win. Chalupas all around.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #21
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Sorry guys. I was not home this morning. I would never jinx a game by starting the game thread the day before.

Mavs 108-90
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I just hope we get good production from raef and bradley.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #23
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Going to be closer, I think. 100-96 Mavs. I'm going to miss this one. Enjoy the game, all.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:40 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think this game even if Dirk scored 50 it might not be enough to win without the help of his teammates. This is the playoffs now. Do not expect the Blazers to play like they did on Saturday. Our bench is going to have to show up. When you think about it we really have no consistent scorers on our bench. When Nick is on he is on. Behind Nick we have no one we can depend on to make a shot for us. I think if givin the chance Raja might hit us some open jumpers along with Griff and maybe we can get some drives out of TAW. We are going to need Bradley and Raef to show up as well.

Anyway

104-100 Mavs

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:41 PM   #25
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Woo hoo Ames has responded.

She usually guess pretty close to the score consistently. Lets check in tonight after the game and see how close she got. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #26
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Mavs 109
Blazers 93

Dirk 26 points 17 rebounds
Fin 21 points
Nash 16 points 7 assists

NVE 5 of 15 13 points
Raef 11 points 6 rebounds

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

When ames7 doesn't record it, Dallas wins.

Imagine when she doesn't even watch it!

The chalupa by Walt.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:48 PM   #28
ABM

I'm sticking with my original &quot;Series&quot; prediction. That is, the Mavs and Blazers split the first 2 games in Dallas. (I guess, then, that means the Blazers better win tonight, huh.) Then they follow suit and split the next 2 in PDX........bringing up that all-to-critical Game 5. IMO, the winner of Game 5 wins the series.

I have spoken. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:01 PM   #29
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

MAVS WINS!
102 x 96

DIRK 30P, 13R
FIN 19P
NASH 18P, 8A

MAVS 2 X 0 PORTLAND
Old 04-23-2003, 05:01 PM   #30
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

Pippen will sit out and Wallace's ankle still hurts. Portland tries to control Dirk but instead leaves Fin and Nash opportunities to score. Mavs win 102 - 90.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:16 PM   #31
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< I'm sticking with my original &quot;Series&quot; prediction. That is, the Mavs and Blazers split the first 2 games in Dallas. (I guess, then, that means the Blazers better win tonight, huh.) Then they follow suit and split the next 2 in PDX........bringing up that all-to-critical Game 5. IMO, the winner of Game 5 wins the series.

I have spoken. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

It's no fun when you have a fan with class from another team. You can't gloat if you win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You've been a real good fan ABM. I'd like to see more Blazers fans here.

1996-2005
Old 04-23-2003, 05:20 PM   #32
ABM

<< You've been a real good fan ABM. I'd like to see more Blazers fans here. >>

Gee, thanks.(now where's that blushing smiley when you need it?). However, the Blazers haven't lost yet. *smirking, devil smiley inserted here*
Old 04-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #33
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Blush: [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Devil:

Old 04-23-2003, 05:47 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< You've been a real good fan ABM. I'd like to see more Blazers fans here. >>

Gee, thanks.(now where's that blushing smiley when you need it?). However, the Blazers haven't lost yet. *smirking, devil smiley inserted here*
>>

No they haven't. They have are in it just as much as the Mavs are. This series is far from over.

1996-2005
Old 04-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

This is the smiley of what the Mavs are going to do to Portland.

Chances that Portland will move to the second round---&gt;

Portland is a team of

Dirk makes a ton of shots tonight...

Dooby after a bitter beer --&gt;

The Mavs will win because is a Mavs fan.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:07 PM   #36
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

This has got all the makings of an impressive blowout. Pippen is out for the game, one of two things could happen they play straight up on Dirk and we win modestly. Or they double him and Dirk either hits the open man and or then continues to post up NVE on might mouse.
This is the one series where I would rather have NVE over a plate of delicious nachos.Who knows about what the D does tonight, but I say mavs score anywhere between 105-120 points depending upon how close the game is. I can't wait for this to start.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 06:12 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Brian- Are you sure about that? I heard on the radio that he (Pippen) was listed as probable.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:04 PM   #38
ABM

<< This is the smiley of what the Mavs are going to do to Portland.

Chances that Portland will move to the second round---&gt;

Portland is a team of

Dirk makes a ton of shots tonight...

Dooby after a bitter beer --&gt;

The Mavs will win because is a Mavs fan.
>>

LOL! Good one.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #39
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I expect the Blazers to double and be physical with Dirk, when possible, to try and throw off his offensive rhythm. Some of his teammates are going to have to pick up their offensive production compared to last game, especially the other 2 of the big 3.

Generally, I expect the Blazers to play with more aggression and intensity on defense and on the boards than last game. This could lead to more fouls and some technicals from both teams.

As well as our Mavs played last game they are going to have to play even better to insure they go to Portland up 2-0.

Go Mavs!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Thanks ABM. It was all in fun of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]