Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #81
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

the part where they started using hte movie plots in the conference room was greatness. But other than that....I dont know. a little dissappointed.

I was really hoping to find out that creed was lying about how the guy died. and Jim story sucked this week.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
the part where they started using hte movie plots in the conference room was greatness. But other than that....I dont know. a little dissappointed.

I was really hoping to find out that creed was lying about how the guy died. and Jim story sucked this week.
they need to bring jim back soon...

I agree...that scene was very funny...I thought it was funny that the only movie Michael knew was weekend at Bernie's

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

POSSIBLE THE OFFICE SPOILER

highlight....

I read somewhere that by xmas, Jim will be back and several of the cast members from the other branch will be coming back with him. Not sure how true this is. http://www.officetally.com/the-office-season-3-spoilers
Old 10-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #84
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

My shows:
CSI Las Vegas
House
Jericho
The Nine
Lost
and I'm giving Heroes a tryout.

Those are shows from your normal ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox channels..

elsewhere, I watch:
The Shield
Dead Zone
and

I pretty much only watch the 4400 because I started watching it from day one. I keep hoping that it'll be worth a damn at some point. It had a great initial premise but has been poorly executed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 PM   #85
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I only watch Lost and Grey's Anatomy when they actually come on. I watch Entourage and Six Degrees if I get the chance via DVR/Torrents.

I wish I had more time to watch TV. There seems to be SO MANY great shows out right now. It's sad, but TV is better than film right now.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #86
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a pretty short rotation at the moment.

Lost
Amazing Race
Survivor
The Nine
ER (just recently picked it back up)
House (comes on again after the World Series)

Other than that, I Tivo Family Guy and Futurama and watch them when I can. There are tons of things I wouldn't mind watching, but I'll have to catch 'em on DVD.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-15-2006 at 08:42 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, pretty much all of my shows are TiVoed....I rarely watch any of them when they come on.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #88
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Because I was already strangely loyal to Studio 60 after about an episode and a half, I didnt mind last nights episode, and the characterization that is going on....

but as I was watching it I couldnt help but think, "this is not a good enough show to improve ratings"

they need ratings...it needs to be funnier like last weeks was
Old 10-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because I was already strangely loyal to Studio 60 after about an episode and a half, I didnt mind last nights episode, and the characterization that is going on....

but as I was watching it I couldnt help but think, "this is not a good enough show to improve ratings"

they need ratings...it needs to be funnier like last weeks was
Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen. I just don't think the subject matter is that interesting to the majority of (dumb) viewers out there, just as Sports Night somehow wasn't.

It just depends on what kind of ratings they require to keep the show going.

I loved last night's episode, btw.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #90
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I swear, Flac, it's just like Sports Night all over again...

I mean, it fell beind What about Brian last night!

AAAGG!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

well i guess it's time to start letting go of this one already.....

be lucky if they make a whole season at this rate.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #92
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

tell you what...the only good thing about "What about Brian" when I flip by the channel, is Gift Shop Girl (I call her that from a Scrubs episode....I dont know what her name is)

ooooooohhh
Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
well i guess it's time to start letting go of this one already.....

be lucky if they make a whole season at this rate.
Well, maybe there's a little hope:

Key point:

Quote:
While NBCā€™s programming suits arenā€™t happy with Studio 60ā€™s disappointing showing so far, the network says itā€™s not even close to killing the high-profile series.

"There is a core audience that loves it," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly told the New York Times.
But thereā€™s more to the explanation than that. Money, as always, is the main reason why NBC is hesitant to squeeze the cancellation trigger.

Studio 60 attracts the educated and rich viewers, household incomes of $100,000 and more, that Madison Avenue craves. Advertisers love affluent viewers who are willing to empty their wallets after watching a bunch of commercials.

Also, NBC reportedly paid a $2 million license fee per episode, which is about one-third higher than an average network drama, and committed to at least 13 episodes.

If NBC axed Studio 60 now, it would be responsible for paying a hefty penalty to Warner Bros., the studio that produces the show.
And no network likes to pony up a considerable amount of change when it doesnā€™t have to.

So NBC will keep its fingers, and toes, crossed that more viewers will eventually warm up to Sorkinā€™s engaging drama.
The article also goes on to point out some hit shows that started off slowly and had to be moved.

I think NBC needs to move it. It just can't compete with a dumbed down show like CSI: Miami, and it doesn't benefit from the lead-in of Heroes, because I think the shows have fairly different audiences, myself and other dm.com members notwithstanding.

The fact that they are probably already committed to 13 episodes is a good thing. Maybe they'll move it and give it a chance.

Maybe if Heroes gets strong enough they'll at least flip flop them, and let Heroes tangle with CSI:M.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #94
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

it would just be added to Aressted Development as shows that were too good for the dumb American viewer.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #95
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
it would just be added to Aressted Development as shows that were too good for the dumb American viewer.
I'd love to agree with ya Sikey, but I gave AD one shot, and I thought it was awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #96
sike
The Preacha

see jthig32 for an example of "the dumb American viewer"

really, I think it is without a doubt the smartest comedy I've ever seen

Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 AM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
see jthig32 for an example of "the dumb American viewer"

really, I think it is without a doubt the smartest comedy I've ever seen
LOL. I know you were joking but I feel the need to defend myself for some reason.

I think part of it is that I just don't like many tv comedies in general. I enjoy The Office, I mildly enjoy Earl now, and I used to watch Scrubs but just became bored with it after a while.

But AD, I dunno. The episode I watched, it seemed like they were trying, with every line, to be out there, atypcial, and weird. It just felt forced.

But on Studio 60, we agree, too smart for dumb America.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #98
sike
The Preacha

I can understand not "getting" AD....you really have to see all the episodes to "get" the genius of it.

It is one of the only shows I've ever seen that would go back 2 years to reference a joke...expecting the audience to catch it....like I said, too smart for most.

a friend let me barrow season 1 and I was hooked like a $12 prostitute playing "who's my fish?" at U2's on a Saturday night when the family has gone to Grandma's but U2 said he wasn't feeling well so they let him stay at home.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #99
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to add "Two and a Half Men" to my rotation. I don't want to like it - but I do.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-18-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Charlie Sheen is deadpan genius. I love him in Scarey Movie 3 "I can work in some time with the bottom half?"

Old 10-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #101
CarolinaJHoFan

CarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enoughCarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enough

My must see Tv is Lost , Greys Anatomy and The 4400. I dont have the luxury of TIVO and barely hanging on to basic cable with my cheap significant other.
CarolinaJHoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #102
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Caught up on the U.S. version of the Office. I was worried that it wouldn't stand up to it's UK counterpart, but it easily does. I'll make sure to watch all the new episodes from now on.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 AM   #103
sike
The Preacha

that'll learn ya. ^^

Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #104
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

last nights The Office was greatness. Much better than last week.

Finally Jim and Pam speak to eachother.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #105
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dudes...im getting sucked into greys anatomy by my girlfriend...help!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #106
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i'll meet you downstairs for a soft preztel? with the "works"....
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #107
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:

Has that show been out long enough to have a first season on DVD? Is there a way I can catch up?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Has that show been out long enough to have a first season on DVD? Is there a way I can catch up?
yes

Old 10-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #109
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
dudes...im getting sucked into greys anatomy by my girlfriend...help!
Embrace it. It's a good show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #110
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Embrace it. It's a good show.
...for ladies.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #111
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
...for ladies.
Blah Blah Blah.

It's a quality show. Period.

Where is BBL when you need support?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #112
sike
The Preacha

I can just see you two bundled up on a couch together....with your popcorn, bursting with excitment before "Grey's" (as you call it) it about to begin....

Last edited by sike; 10-20-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #113
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello.

My name is u2.

I am a Grey's Anatomy watcher.

------ Step 1 accomplished
Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #114
Murphy3
Guru

The Nine and Jericho continue to impress. Heroes has been a disappointment, but I'll stick with it a little longer.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #115
mary
Troll Hunter

I don't make it a point to watch it or anything, or even Tivo it, but everytime I come across Trading Spouses, I find it pretty entertaining.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #116
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

I'm surprised there havent been more mentions here of BOSTON LEGAL.

Incedible farce. Not sure if you have to have watched it from its outset when it spun off from The Practice to get into it, but it keeps finding goofy ways to be over the top without being dumb. Genius.

I tend to catch a few others when I can - The Office, Earl, 2 1/2 Men.

But I love the broad comedy strokes applied liberally in BOSTON LEGAL that turn it from typical courtroom drama to a weekly hour of howling fun.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #117
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Battlestar Galactica, and Nip/Tuck. Everything else is crap.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #118
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This is not good news

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
apparently every show I like sucks....
Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #120
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Man, how could they think about canceling Earl?
And I'm with you Flacolaco, seems liking every show I care to watch, must suck. I have terrible taste

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?