Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #41
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Not douchey. Players go out eh
I was talking about Cubes. Joking mainly.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #42
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Ok, great - which camp are you in?

Do you think "we'll contend in 2-3 years" is how the Mavs will pitch Jordan?
I would rather go Aldridge/Tyson, but Jordan would be great.

I'm sure a major part of the pitch will be to show him the plans they have to put them in contention over the course of his four year contract.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #43
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/d...an-lakers.html
SUNDAY 9:25pm: The Bucks are “a long shot” to land Jordan and it is unlikely they meet with him, reports Sam Amick of USA Today, who cites a person with knowledge of the Bucks’ situation.

Amick tweets that there is some sense from the Clippers’ side that the Mavs have a slight edge in the Jordan sweepstakes, but the upcoming meetings hold weight.

While sources indicate to Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times that Jordan will either stay with the Clippers or go to Dallas, an acquaintance of Jordan claims the big man would love to play for the Rockets. Houston, of course, already has a quality center in Dwight Howard.

7:08pm: Jordan will also meet with the Knicks once the free agent negotiating period commences, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reports.

1:11pm: The Clippers and Mavs remain the front-runners for Jordan, a source tells Bleacher Report’s Jared Zwerling, who suggests that the Knicks might end up meeting with the Relativity Sports client, too.

Last edited by Songbard; 06-28-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #44
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can contend if we find a consistent identity. For example, let's say we land Deandre Jordan and Pat Beverly (the two guys CP has been courting the hardest). Bev - Anderson - CP - Dirk - DJ could come together as a defensive force. At first glance scoring seems hard to come by, but I think it's realistic to think CP & DJ take significant strides with bigger roles. DJ especially, considering he won't have Blake taking up space in the lane in Dallas.

An identity is something we've lacked for a while. Let's establish it this year, and continue to think long-term and add young pieces year in and year out. It will pay off.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, due to his age and status, you might be right about that, but I think that mentality is selling TY short a little, personally.
Well, Dirk's age was a big factor in Howard choosing Harden/Houston over us, so you gotta figure that Tyson's age is too... Not that I don't love the guy, but at best you're probably only getting 2-3 productive years out of Chandler, which means you'd have to find his replacement around the same time this squad starts hitting their stride.

Better to have a core of young-ish veterans coming into their respective peaks together.

Quote:
And, based on what I've read on the entire interwebs - not just here - I'd say there's a lot of folks equating a Jordan signing with instant contention. I don't think that's in any way accurate.
You need to stay the hell away from those crazies on Fish's site -- it's like a virtual Jonestown for Mavs fans, and everyone is drinking the Kool-Aide!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And, based on what I've read on the entire interwebs - not just here - I'd say there's a lot of folks equating a Jordan signing with instant contention. I don't think that's in any way accurate.
Would you mind re-posting those around here that say we'd be a contender if we got Jordan? I haven't seen it myself.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:24 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

/holds breath until Wednesday
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:40 PM   #48
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Would you mind re-posting those around here that say we'd be a contender if we got Jordan? I haven't seen it myself.
Nah, if you're saying nobody here believes that, then fine. I like reading/posting here, but not enough to re-read hundreds of posts. Seems like kind of an odd, defensive request, really. I certainly didn't mean to give offense. Just making a point.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #49
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, Dirk's age was a big factor in Howard choosing Harden/Houston over us, so you gotta figure that Tyson's age is too... Not that I don't love the guy, but at best you're probably only getting 2-3 productive years out of Chandler, which means you'd have to find his replacement around the same time this squad starts hitting their stride
This is a valid point.

I guess I just can't get past the feeling that targeting Jordan is putting the cart before the horse. Still, if he's the guy they want, I hope they get him. Scoring a name like that would certainly boost their image in the short term.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 PM   #50
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

TMac tweeted:
Spotted hanging out with Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan in LA this week: free agent SG Wesley Matthews.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #51
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Your 2016 executive of the year: Chandler Parsons.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #52
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbard View Post
TMac tweeted:
Spotted hanging out with Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan in LA this week: free agent SG Wesley Matthews.
Heck yes. Press the flesh & Kiss the Babies, CP!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #53
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the unlikely event that DeAndre Jordan leaves the Clippers, then it's a near-certainty that Tyson will step in as his replacement.
Funny to see that pretty much every Clippers fan expect that the worst case is a S&T with Chandler ignoring the fact that the Mavs have nothing to gain from it except doing Tyson a favor but helping a potential playoff opponent...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #54
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Funny to see that pretty much every Clippers fan expect that the worst case is a S&T with Chandler ignoring the fact that the Mavs have nothing to gain from it except doing Tyson a favor but helping a potential playoff opponent...
There are scenarios where SnT could make sense I believe.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #55
KillerLeft

Quote:
I wouldn't say that at all. The Mavs are obviously DESPERATE to rid themselves of the Raymond Felton money, and offering TY to LAC might be the best way to do that.

According to DLord, there are other ways in which a SNT scenario could benefit the Mavs financially, too, even with an under the cap approach, which seems to be the most likely, imo.

If Jordan picks Dallas, I think a TY/Felton SNT is pretty likely.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #56
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
There are scenarios where SnT could make sense I believe.
S&T is just straight up DJ-Tyson possible. You cant pack Tyson and Felton together in this S&T. The Clippers also dont have a TE

The only way we are doing this is when the Clippers find a way (TE, another three-team trade) to take Felton too. Or give us Redick for Felton...

Just as a favor for Tyson alone? Not happening

Last edited by sefant77; 06-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #57
KillerLeft

Quote:
The only way we are doing this is when the Clippers find a way (TE, another three-team trade) to take Felton too. Or give us Redick for Felton...
I agree with this - the Mavs won't just gift the Clippers TY out of the goodness in their hearts. However, in the event that Jordan picks Dallas, I think TY represents the only plausible way the Clippers don't fall off, so I feel like they'll be motivated to make it worthwhile for everyone.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #58
Songbard

MONDAY, 1:15pm: The Clippers have a slight edge, a league source tells Ken Berger of CBSSports.com (Twitter link), which runs counter to what Amick said the Clippers believe.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ArashMarkazi: Clippers always felt it would come down to them and the Mavs for DeAndre Jordan. They're still cautiously optimistic that he will re-sign.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #60
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Man I bet if Aldridge just decides to team up in Dallas. Jordan is a lock.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #61
Underdog

‏@latbbolch: League source says it's likely that LaMarcus Aldridge is domino that falls first before DeAndre Jordan, who will decide between Clips/Mavs.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #62
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

But err... who on the mavs roster is adept at throwing Jordan alley-oops a-la cp3? Or can he really be effective on offense without it?

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #63
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
S&T is just straight up DJ-Tyson possible. You cant pack Tyson and Felton together in this S&T. The Clippers also dont have a TE

@SteveKylerNBA
(Basketball Insiders)
Quote:
If DeAndre Jordan does choose Dallas, Mavericks willing to sign and trade Chandler to make it work.
Quote:
Because Dallas has a lot of respect for Tyson and would help him out, if they can get Jordan
Take it for what it's worth, but I just don't see the Mavs turning down TC if that is where he wants to be.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #64
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
But err... who on the mavs roster is adept at throwing Jordan alley-oops a-la cp3? Or can he really be effective on offense without it?
We only have 5 out of 15 roster spots filled... Maybe wait until we have more before you ask the question?

Old 06-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #65
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
‏@latbbolch: League source says it's likely that LaMarcus Aldridge is domino that falls first before DeAndre Jordan, who will decide between Clips/Mavs.
Prepare the Rick Astley videos NOW before it all goes down! Or it'll be too late...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #66
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
@SteveKylerNBA
(Basketball Insiders)

Take it for what it's worth, but I just don't see the Mavs turning down TC if that is where he wants to be.
I dont like it because its an playoff opponent. Getting eliminated by the Clippers with Tyson would make them look pretty stupid.

Its not for the respect for Tyson, i think they made an agreement with Tyson. Tyson doesnt search other teams (Lakers) or signs somewhere else before Jordans decision. If Jordan comes, they do the S&T...if Jordan stays they re-sign Chandler.

win-win. Tyson knows he will play for Clippers or Mavs on a nice contract and Mavs dont have to fear to lose Jordan AND Tyson.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #67
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
Im pretty sure this little dude with the hot wife is back via mMLE.

Pick&Pop with Dirk and then driving to the lane with Jordan waiting for the lob..sounds tasty.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #68
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:

Saw Fish still tweeting about the possibility of Tyson + Felton package in a S&T. Does he know something we don't, or the other way around...?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #69
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Arash Markazi ✔ @ArashMarkazi
The Clippers' presentation to DJ will include a film highlighting not only his big plays but relationships he has with players and staff.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #70
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Sign and trade Tyson for a PG. I see Eric Bledsoe out there being shopped. He would be a solid scoring PG we can have.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #71
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
I really think Jordan is getting tired of Paul's little ego to make him look at other teams.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #72
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was watching this game. I rewound over and over and over...
Old 06-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #73
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I was watching this game. I rewound over and over and over...
What were the circumstances...seems crazy.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #74
sefant77
Guru

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/chri...e-winning-shot
Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #75
Underdog

I wonder if being able to practice with Holger plays into our chances of landing Jordan? I know I'd certainly want him to if we signed him...

Old 06-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #76
KillerLeft

Quote:
lolz...thanks! What an idiot moment!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #77
sefant77
Guru

Well, he got mixed up with shot clock and game clock...happens.

Its not as embarassing as every single heliflopter..

Last edited by sefant77; 06-29-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #78
KillerLeft

Quote:
Well, he got mixed up with shot clock and game clock...happens.

Its not as embarassing as every single heliflopter..
Ok, for just a second, assume that I'm dumb and don't know what a "heliflopter" is...
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #79
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, for just a second, assume that I'm dumb and don't know what a "heliflopter" is...

If you need more examples just go to youtube and type "James Harden" and you should see plenty.

Quote:
In sports this is the act of waving your arms wildly whilst falling to create the illusion of a collision more intense than reality. This act is done to induce a foul call or infraction by the referee on the opposing team's player.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #80
KillerLeft

Ha...thanks. I'm familiar with the act - now I know the name.