Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most Boring Offseason last 5 years

I'd say this one takes the cake.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Most Boring Offseason last 5 years

Only to lead to the most exciting season in franchise history.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default RE: Most Boring Offseason last 5 years

Its good... it doesnt make the offseason longer by adding much more excitement. Last offseason took so long because everyone was anxiously awaiting to see how we do without Nash and with Stack, Terry and Dampier.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
Pj5

Pj5 will become famous soon enough

The "most boring team" (San Antonio) won 3 championships in the past few years so I don't mind having a boring offseason as long as the Mavs keep their core members and have an awesome season.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

DP
Old 09-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

How many times in the past did the mavs say they needed a center? The mavs got one last offseason. Many fans have been clamoring for keeping a team together. The mavs did that as well. The mavericks tried it the nellie way ; now it is time for the avery way. Small incremental changes.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

All good points, doesn't mean it ain't boring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

All good points, doesn't mean it ain't boring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 09-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was personally pretty darned excited on the day that we signed Desagana Diop for peanuts...
Old 09-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
I'd say this one takes the cake.
swapping starters, signing 3 new players....I'd hardly consider it a boring summer.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'd say it was an exciting off-season... for all the wrong reasons.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Haha, delayed response to the initial post there Erica [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Swapping starters (as in losing Finley) lost its excitement quickly when the topic was dragged and trampled to death. Hopefully Stack, Quis, and Christie will fight it out for the starting position. However, I heard that Christie is gonna probably get it. I hardly consider signing Diop, Powell, and R. Marshall that exciting. All unproven players with potential. I like the idea of conditioning young players, but I hardly think it's that exciting. At least not right now.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I had plenty of excitement. Everytime I saw the Mavs screw up this offseason I always got excited that the Mavs would eventually make up for it with a trade or a free agency signing. They let me down. Exciting though.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Tariq and a future number one for Lorenzo Wright.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'd do that trade. Why didn't we re-sign Henderson though I wonder? He was a great insurance policy.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

1) Once KVH arrived, Henderson wasn't needed that much
2) We added Powell
3) We have 1 too many players, or 1 too few roster spots, depending on how you look at it, and only one player is dead weight
Old 09-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Do you think Powell can instantly come in and give what Henderson did?

Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you think Powell can instantly come in and give what Henderson did?
Henderson wouldn't have gotten anything but garbage minutes this year. So while I wouldn't look to JP to give us meaningful minutes like Hendu did (even if he did so somewhat ineffectively) for much of last year, I have no quams about expecting him to come in and contribute the way Henderson would have this year.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think KVH can do more than what Henderson did. When KVH arrived, Henderson got the vast majority of his minutes behind Dampier. There wont be many backup center minutes to go around. Having Powell around can't hurt. Powell dominated a tough euro league much the same way that Songaila did. I wouldnt be surprised if Powell gets a few minutes a game by the end of the year and Powell is younger and has potential. We saw all of Hendu's last year.

Also Henderson will earn more than Powell and Henderson is an extrememely limited defender because of his poor size and glacial speed.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I suppose you're right. I think we're going to have a deadly combination with KVH and Dirk. We start out big with Damp, then insert KVH as the 6th man. Those two are going to win us a lot of games.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #21
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

thank god for a boring off season, I've been waiting for one
Old 09-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

the fact that this thread is still in the top 5 kinda proves it too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Went to the Stars game today just to be in the fricken arena.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha we all feel your pain man.. =[

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
the fact that this thread is still in the top 5 kinda proves it too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
doesnt count if you keep bumping it