Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #721
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about quality, it's about ratings. Heroes will most certainly be back next year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #722
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Was just thinking about some stuff.

So when future hiro visted peter on the subway he said "you look different without the scar". Is that why he had to save the cheerleader, so he could get her power to heal when sylar tried to kill him?

But then that would mean that future sylar cut future peter but didn't kill him (just gave him a scar)

hmm
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #723
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Was just thinking about some stuff.

So when future hiro visted peter on the subway he said "you look different without the scar". Is that why he had to save the cheerleader, so he could get her power to heal when sylar tried to kill him?

But then that would mean that future sylar cut future peter but didn't kill him (just gave him a scar)

hmm
good stuff.

I have LOST...that more than fills the Heroes gap.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #724
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs -> Spurs
Heroes -> Lost
Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #725
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs -> Spurs
Heroes -> Lost
ffo = poor taste

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #726
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
ffo = poor taste
Flavor of Love > Sike

Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #727
fluid.forty.one

The creator of Heroes just posted this on the NBC forums:

Zach Quinto, who portrays Sylar, has been, in my opinion, an important aspect to the series. Are there plans to make him a series regular?

Look for Sylar's character to continue on in season two.

Are there any plans to introduce new, long-lasting female characters?

You've just met Candice, our master of illusion, who may be sticking around to team up with an unexpected character. There are also plans for another major female character for next season.

Is there any real significance to Mr. Bennet's glasses?

Because his character had very few lines in the pilot, and needed to be recognizable, we gave him a distinct pair of glasses. I also liked that they had a distinct early days of the CIA look to them. Very "Company Man".

There are many books, magazines, shows, movies, all about people with super human abilities. Do you feel you are creating a new way of looking into what it means to be super human?

We are looking at heroes as though they are ordinary people living in the real world. If you woke up one morning and discovered you had a fantastic ability, what would you do? Embrace it like Hiro, ignore it like Nathan, or abuse it like Sylar?

Keep watching!

-Tim Kring

So it looks like they are keeping the characters from this season, as well as introducing new ones.

I can't WAIT for April 23rd.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 03-07-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #728
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Flavor of Love > Sike

totally agree!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #729
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The creator of Heroes just posted this on the NBC forums:

Zach Quinto, who portrays Sylar, has been, in my opinion, an important aspect to the series. Are there plans to make him a series regular?

Look for Sylar's character to continue on in season two.

Are there any plans to introduce new, long-lasting female characters?

You've just met Candice, our master of illusion, who may be sticking around to team up with an unexpected character. There are also plans for another major female character for next season.

Is there any real significance to Mr. Bennet's glasses?

Because his character had very few lines in the pilot, and needed to be recognizable, we gave him a distinct pair of glasses. I also liked that they had a distinct early days of the CIA look to them. Very "Company Man".

There are many books, magazines, shows, movies, all about people with super human abilities. Do you feel you are creating a new way of looking into what it means to be super human?

We are looking at heroes as though they are ordinary people living in the real world. If you woke up one morning and discovered you had a fantastic ability, what would you do? Embrace it like Hiro, ignore it like Nathan, or abuse it like Sylar?

Keep watching!

-Tim Kring

So it looks like they are keeping the characters from this season, as well as introducing new ones.

I can't WAIT for April 23rd.
thanks ffo.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #730
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ffo = poor taste
The first season of Lost was head and shoulders above Heroes.

But, as of today, I would MUCH rather watch Heroes than Lost.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #731
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Some of the characters (hiro, peter, HRG, claire, and a few others) BETTER be back next season. Maybe he just meant the whole bomb thing is "completely resolved" and something new will start next season with some of the same cast + new people.
the writer has already guaranteed that hiro will be back next year, but he alluded to the fact that hiro will be stuck in a different period of time.

april 23rd ..... DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #732
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
I worry that THE SHOW won't be back next year. Quality shows get canceled every year.
Heroes received "early renewal" status a couple of months ago. This is a HUGE thumbs up from the network, as most shows like this would wait until the offseason to receive the decision.

This creator says they have basic story arcs through 5 seasons worth. The 2nd season should tell us whether or not they will get that far. It better be good....
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #733
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

i still miss Arrested Development.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #734
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The first season of Lost was head and shoulders above Heroes.

But, as of today, I would MUCH rather watch Heroes than Lost.
you be crazy...the writing and acting of LOST is 10,000 times better than Heroes. And I like Heroes.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #735
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
i still miss Arrested Development.
who doesn't?

Old 03-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #736
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you be crazy...the writing and acting of LOST is 10,000 times better than Heroes. And I like Heroes.
Lost would be a lot better if they had more people discovering their super powers.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #737
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Lost would be a lot better if they had more people discovering their super powers.
where is that line of the week thread???

genius!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #738
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Lost is a better overall show. However, Heroes does a much better job of pacing and looks to be trying to avoid the mistake Lost made last season. Let's see how Heroes does next season before completely comparing it to Lost.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #739
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, this is SORT of about Heroes...but mostly I'm just going through withdrawal and don't want this thread to die.

I have limited basic cable through Comcast. All my channels are fine, except NBC. Whenever I turn to it, the picture has a kind of mirror effect with a ghost image a few inches to the left, and sometimes to the left and right. Also, the audio has this fuzz with it whenever someone is talking. Anyone know if its my TV or something Comcast can fix? I got to get it working again before April 23rd!

I haven't called Comcast yet, because I hate having to deal with them, so I thought I'd ask here first.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #740
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I also miss this thread.

But I have no idea why your tv is doing that. I doubt very much that it is your TV if it only happens on one channel though....

um.... Go Heroes
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #741
fluid.forty.one

I want Heroes

now.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #742
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new graphic novel up on the site about the wireless chick

It seems a very important part of the story is being told via the comics
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #743
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

It's very upsetting to me whenever someone bumps this thread & I think, OMG, what day is it, is it almost time for Heroes & then I remember, dammit, 7 weeks.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #744
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Ok, this is SORT of about Heroes...but mostly I'm just going through withdrawal and don't want this thread to die.

I have limited basic cable through Comcast. All my channels are fine, except NBC. Whenever I turn to it, the picture has a kind of mirror effect with a ghost image a few inches to the left, and sometimes to the left and right. Also, the audio has this fuzz with it whenever someone is talking. Anyone know if its my TV or something Comcast can fix? I got to get it working again before April 23rd!

I haven't called Comcast yet, because I hate having to deal with them, so I thought I'd ask here first.

DavidDaMonkey, i have the same thing on my regular ABC and NBC stations in my upstairs bedroom. In my case, the cable run from the outlet outside my house to my bedroom is too long, and the cable is old. So the cable signal is not very strong, and my TV is picking up the ABC and NBC stations over the air as well (thus causing the ghosting, or double image).

If your cable is new, I'd contact Comcast and complain. If it's old cable, Comcast can run new cable for you, but they typically charge for that. i watch most of my TV downstairs in the family room, so i didn't get new cable run to my bedroom.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #745
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, this is SORT of about Heroes... All my channels are fine, except NBC. Whenever I turn to it, the picture has a kind of mirror effect with a ghost image a few inches to the left, and sometimes to the left and right. ...
man, the ability to make one channel on your tv a little bit fuzzy is about the lamest super power ever. I'm sorry for you, man.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #746
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well...I can't figure out why Claire is licking the Stanley Cup....personally I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

But is this thing ripe for photoshopping or what?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #747
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
man, the ability to make one channel on your tv a little bit fuzzy is about the lamest super power ever. I'm sorry for you, man.
UL's super power of belittling other people's less amazing superpowers is super indeed!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #748
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

New graphic novel up on the site. Everyone in the story they are telling are codenamed after Texas cities. Austin, Dallas, etc. And the mission they are on is codenamed "LoneStar"

Interesting.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #749
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Quote:
UL's super power of belittling other people's less amazing superpowers is super indeed!
Whoa this line together with my drink ruined my laptop.
This is greatness

And I really do like heroes although the first few eps haven't been that great imo. But it got better. I watched all 18 eps in the last 4 days it has been nice but it's so hard to wait for the next one.

(And lost is still superior ^^)

Last edited by NXperience; 03-28-2007 at 06:13 AM.
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 AM   #750
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
New graphic novel up on the site. Everyone in the story they are telling are codenamed after Texas cities. Austin, Dallas, etc. And the mission they are on is codenamed "LoneStar"

Interesting.
Final episode is going to involve Dirk. Bank on it.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #751
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Seeing this thread made my Heroes pants dance
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #752
sike
The Preacha

Cool

Quote:
Final episode is going to involve Dirk. Bank on it.
duh

Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #753
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

New novel up, its pretty predictable.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #754
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Fairly predictable spoiler.... highlight the following if you want to read it
Apparently Mr. Liderman has powers, and can "heal things." I read that he heals a dead plant in front of nathan

Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #755
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:

you can usually download the episodes a day or two after they air, if not the same night.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #756
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

New graphic novel up, last page is (while a convenient stretch) a doozy.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #757
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Thanks for the reminder, monkey guy
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #758
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

No problem Professor.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #759
fluid.forty.one

I reaaaalllllly need some Heroes right now.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #760
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

The mavs world is sad, and mad, and furious and bad.

But at least we get a new Heroes episode tonight!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo! Up yours nellie!!

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 04-23-2007 at 08:25 AM.