Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default Shawn needs 10 blocks for 10th all time

Right now, Shawn is 6 blocks away from being tied with George T. Johnson as 11th all-time in total blocks, and 10 away from Manute Bol who is 11th all-time. Shawn currently has 2,076 blocks. Barring something crazy, we should see Dirk hit his 10,000th point tonight, and then we can begin to cheer Shawn on as he closes in on the top-10 all time leaders in blocks. This feat can be accomplished in as little as one night with the Mantis, or depending upon his playing time, could take a while.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Shawn needs 10 blocks for 10th all time

Great accomplishment once it's achieved. Sitting at 11 is a great accomplishment in itself. That's saying that he's basically the 11th best shot blocker of all time. Shawn Bradley gets ridiculed by the media so much that you would never think he's so high in blocks of all time. That's something you never hear for the media.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Impressive accomplishment, probably will be fine print at the bottom of the box score.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Shawn needs 10 blocks for 10th all time

I hope ESPN talks about it a lot, it should calm down a lot of the Shawn haters. Sure, he might not have been worth a #2 pick, but that's not his fault...he's been better than most 1st round picks ever amount to. Look at Yao not doing much...I think you can't have high expectations for someone of that size. Someone that can dominate at that size is just too rare.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:56 AM   #5
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Shawn needs 10 blocks for 10th all time

No doubt Dub.

If we redid that draft right now I bet hes top 10 for sure.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

he probably would've reached this milestone 2 years ago if nellie actually played him and stopped whining about not having a center
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote