Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #81
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks gameday

Time to sit Dirk...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #82
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks gameday

Dirk's time is done.

That was one helluva defensive job in the 2nd half.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:48 PM   #83
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

BENGA! Were those his first two points of the season?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 PM   #84
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Damn Benga looked good in garbage minutes. Though it was garbage minutes he makes me want to see what he can do when given 5-10 minutes during the game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:59 PM   #85
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I was able to watch the game from the LA point of view. Here are some funny things:

1. Somewhere at the end of the third, the announcer says, "Well, now the Mavs won't overlook the Clippers" Right after that, the Mavs unload 7 points and the lead kept growing.

2. They were very impressed with Finley overall and they were saying something like, "Why can't the Clippers get a guy like that? What's not to like about Finley?"

3. They were drooling for Benga.

4. They said that Dirk makes the game look so easy. He can just show up and score 20.

5. As the Mavs were increasing the lead, they said that the Mavs can beat up on lesser teams like the Clippers but they can't beat elite teams and that the Mavs are 2-7 against elite teams. Definite sour graping.

It was fun to watch the Mavs from the LA point of view.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #86
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

He seemed hungry, eager to prove himself.

Good second half, after a frustrating first half. We stepped up, we started rebounding, and we hit shots down the stretch.

My favorite play of the game must be the one where Jason Terry was dribbling, got the pick from Dirk, and instead of playing the pick-and-roll, drove baseline and put it in. Great stuff. Also Devin Harris had some great plays tonight, this kid is special.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:05 PM   #87
Don_Didi

I was listening to the game on AFN, which was from the Clippers side. It was funny, you could hear Johnson SCREAMING from where they were. Great stuff. Pretty good commentary too, although I like ESPN103.3's better.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #88
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
BENGA! Were those his first two points of the season?
second. He made one of two freethrows against Memphis and was 1-1 on FGs in Washington

4 is a career high though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #89
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I was able to watch the game from the LA point of view. Here are some funny things:

1. Somewhere at the end of the third, the announcer says, "Well, now the Mavs won't overlook the Clippers" Right after that, the Mavs unload 7 points and the lead kept growing.

2. They were very impressed with Finley overall and they were saying something like, "Why can't the Clippers get a guy like that? What's not to like about Finley?"

4. They said that Dirk makes the game look so easy. He can just show up and score 20.

5. As the Mavs were increasing the lead, they said that the Mavs can beat up on lesser teams like the Clippers but they can't beat elite teams and that the Mavs are 2-7 against elite teams. Definite sour graping.

Thanks Simon for that recap.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I like the announcers for the Clippers a lot. They are quality.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #91
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I guess I appreciated the Mavs a little more after hearing how bad the other team was. The Clippers were good for about 2.5 quarters. Actually, it was also about the same time when the announcers said, this is the best defensive team of the Mavs is when the Mavs started puilling away. The zone really confused the Clippers. One big change I saw was that the Mavs stopped fronting Brand and they put Dampier on Brand. That really stopped Elton dead in his tracks. I really liked the defensive at the end game.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2

Thanks Simon for that recap.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #92
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Was anybody else as stoked about Devin's play as me? I really thought he was fantastic tonight. Perhaps it's beginning to click for him. Ditto for the team defense down the stretch. I suppose you could say it was the Clippers running out of steam, but I think you've got to give the Mavs credit for putting the clamps on down the stretch.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

yet another wonderful shooting night for JET....5 assists in 24 minutes....wonderful.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:17 PM   #94
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Well, the Mavs better get busy. They owe the road an incredible 7 games.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

28 minutes...

Harris had 7points, 4rebounds, 4assists in 20 minutes
Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

3 steals for Terry and 2 for Harris....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #97
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Was anybody else as stoked about Devin's play as me? I really thought he was fantastic tonight. Perhaps it's beginning to click for him. Ditto for the team defense down the stretch. I suppose you could say it was the Clippers running out of steam, but I think you've got to give the Mavs credit for putting the clamps on down the stretch.
I was. Both of the Mavs big runs had healthy doses of Devin on the court. The large run might have started with JT but Devin kept it going and was big.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #98
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
3 steals for Terry and 2 for Harris....
you know what? Per 48, Harris is second in the league in steals (3.33Sp48), Terry is 13th (2.65 Sp48)

Old 01-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #99
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Harris had a much better game than his stats show. I thought the duo of Bradley and Harris did wonders tonight. When those two were in the game, the passing seemed to increase and so did the lead. I didn't see DJ's play because I went to the Fan Shop to get a fleece in the last two minutes because my dad was ready to go....hmmm I did see him pick up the foul though on one of the fan shop TVs. I really thought there were terrible calls against the Mavs and bad non calls that should have gone against the Clippers until the second half of the 4th quarter. Anyone else notice? It could have been the angle I sat at, but the calls seemed really unfair to me, and the crowd.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #100
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
In my mind, he's been playing really well for a few weeks now. It's just that his good play has coincided with Terry's…plus Nellie has a pretty short leash with the kid.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #101
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I definitely noticed the refs were not going to give the mavs the benefit early in the second quarter. I didn't think brand had position on the charge called on dirk in the second quarter, but as ortegal would say, "those are the hardest fouls to call in the NBA."
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #102
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I kinda like the play where Harris drives into the circle and wraparound passes to Dirk who is on the baseline about 5-7 feet away.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #103
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In my mind, he's been playing really well for a few weeks now. It's just that his good play has coincided with Terry's…plus Nellie has a pretty short leash with the kid.
I've had the same sense, that he was becoming more reliable as THE backup at the point. But tonight he was more than simply a rookie getting to the point where you could trust him to play real minutes off the bench. He consistently made things happen in a way I hadn't seen from him before, and as Dub said in a way that wasn't captured in his stat line. I'm excited.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:38 AM   #104
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

bring on the chorus of Nellie-haters screaming for AJ to replace Nelson this season.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:49 AM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get to watch the game--went to dinner with friends, and have probably had too many glasses of wine--but I do know one thing: put Benga in the game, and he will give you about two points and one block per minute played. Maybe a couple rebounds as well, if he is feeling froggy. I see no reason to keep this Cadillac in the garage. Let him exert his will on the opposing team. Let him bury them into a state of submission. There are some things you can't get around...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:52 AM   #106
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

lol.......

Can we brag about holding the clippers to 9 4th quarter points total?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:51 AM   #107
Don_Didi

9 points is the lowest opponent score in a quarter this season. I do wonder how Devin's plaing time will be affected with AJ coaching for a couple of weeks, it may be good for him. (judging from tonight's game, it definitely will)
Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 AM   #108
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I didn't get to watch the game--went to dinner with friends, and have probably had too many glasses of wine--but I do know one thing: put Benga in the game, and he will give you about two points and one block per minute played. Maybe a couple rebounds as well, if he is feeling froggy. I see no reason to keep this Cadillac in the garage. Let him exert his will on the opposing team. Let him bury them into a state of submission. There are some things you can't get around...
I wouldn't refer to him as a Cadillac

how about Hummer?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #109
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
bring on the chorus of Nellie-haters screaming for AJ to replace Nelson this season.
Present.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #110
sike
The Preacha

not a Nellie hater...but certainly a Nellie doubter...

Not so sure that I have bought into the whole "AJ will be our Savior" mantra that the front office seems to hum, but he may turn out to be what the Dr. ordered

Old 01-21-2005, 10:03 AM   #111
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I wouldn't refer to him as a Cadillac

how about Hummer?
both are taken.

Cadillac = Carnell Williams
Hummer = Ronnie Brown