Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #161
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

I still can't believe it. Just wanted to say...

JASON TERRY - YOU ARE A GOD!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #162
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

It's 12 am, the weather is so cool. I looked at the trees and mountains,feeling so strong of myself. I'm going to put myself into the fantastic life and start my own journey like Dirk did.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #163
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

WIHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #164
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys watching this?

Every question they just look at each other and sort of shrug and then pause... lol. So awkward.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #165
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

This is so fucking great, Mavs are Champs, still cant belive it!!!!!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #166
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm VERY, VERY, VERY happy for Dirk, Terry and Kidd and I think Terry shut up alot of haters tonight with that great game he had.

Props to Cuban...you did it!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #167
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Mavs will be hard to beat next year!
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #168
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to lebrons press conference, this doesnt bother him nearly enough. Most talented player in the history of the nba, but he sounds like he just lost a pick up game. Thats what will always separate him from the absolute best.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #169
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

I love everyone.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #170
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

"gonna sit down with finals mvp dirk nowitzki"

THAT HAS A NICE FUCKING RING TO IT, DON'T YOU THINK?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #171
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.seeon.tv/view/13699/ESPN_Sport_Center
Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #172
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #173
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow..ive been crying like a baby!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #174
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Listening to lebrons press conference, this doesnt bother him nearly enough. Most talented player in the history of the nba, but he sounds like he just lost a pick up game. Thats what will always separate him from the absolute best.
This. He's barely even phased. What a waste of talent.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #175
JKiddFTW

JKiddFTW will become famous soon enoughJKiddFTW will become famous soon enough

WOOOOOOO congrats dallas!!!!!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!
JKiddFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #176
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

That looks so much like destiny...

- Revenge against the Heat
- Dirk at his prime
- JKidd almost retiring
- Lockout coming

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #177
tc29

tc29 is on a distinguished road

It's my birthday today. I will remember the day when I turned 24 forever. Thank you Dirk. Thank you Mavs.
tc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #178
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cubes on ESPN: "Our fans just punked the shit out of the Heat fans." Giggle.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #179
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Barera. so true Jet :-)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #180
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? "Got two more wins than the last time I played in the finals, hope next time I get two more."

Not a lot of gravitas.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #181
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewar1 View Post
After 2006, everything about this....is soo sweet.
Not being around the Mavs and the board in 2006 (or basketball at all), I think I can't fully grasp what it must be like for most of you. But between the sweep of the Lakers and that finals victory over the team that carries the accolades that everyone around here thinks belong to the Mavs and happens to be the place ("the") three big free agents chose as the scenery of their shortcut to a title, makes this an incredibly perfect postseason for every Mavs fan and gives me a little sense of what it must be like for you.

To the postgame:

I thought it's interesting JET basically said now (in the finals) the traditional Heat hate didn't play a role. Also, could you be any more humble than J.Kidd in this presser? Love the trophy in the middle!

Last edited by mavErika; 06-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #182
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Congratulations from Puerto Rico to all the Dallas fans and all the faithfull posters here! You all deserved this victory!
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #183
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Holy sh^t that is a sexy picture.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #184
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I need wallpapers people. Find me high resses.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #185
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

It's now the desktop pic on my computer.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #186
MonsterMash2181

MonsterMash2181 is on a distinguished road

I can't stop smiling! What a great night!
MonsterMash2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #187
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We beat kobe, durant, wade, lebron
Old 06-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #188
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
We beat kobe, durant, wade, lebron

That's called being beyond reproach. Unquestionable. No excuses, no asterisks, no buts.

NBA CHAMPIONS through and through.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #189
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Redemption, perseverance, teamwork, sportsmanship, heart, class, synergy, trust, faith, hard-work, focus, smart, hustle, CHAMPIONS, DALLAS MAVERICKS.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #190
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Holy hell what an amazing, gutsy run this team has had. Congrats to Dirk, JET and Kidd, especially.

I'm gonna go back and read the rest of this thread now.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #191
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I've been numb since Dirk made the layup.

What a journey it has been. I still don't know how to act.

The Dallas Mavericks are NBA champions..... amazing.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #192
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now. I have tears in my eyes, and I'm not ashamed at all.

The Mavs are the NBA Champions. I've dreamed about this for half my life. It's everything I ever thought it would be and much more.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #193
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Redemption, perseverance, teamwork, sportsmanship, heart, class, synergy, trust, faith, hard-work, focus, smart, hustle, CHAMPIONS, DALLAS MAVERICKS.
yeah,

this thing was a referendum on teamwork versus individual talent. it restored my faith in and respect for basketball as first and foremost a team sport.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #194
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Anyone that missed Rick's post game press conference, I would STRONGLY urge you to go find it tomorrow on NBA.com. It was awesome. Awesome.
Very powerful press conference. He really made his point without being arrogant.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #195
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Can we please get this glorious thread stickied?!?!

WE DID IT!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #196
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Have waited so very long to see this picture. What a beautiful sight.

How great is it that the two '06 teammates won bot the Game MVP and Finals MVP. Truly a storybook ending for the ages and arguably one of the best, if not the best, championship stories in NBA History.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-12-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #197
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #198
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Sweet.Love you guys!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #199
captred

captred is on a distinguished road

I will never forget this day....finally we have one!!!
captred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #200
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

"People who want me to lose have to wake up tomorrow and go back to their lives and their problems."

-LeBron James after losing NBA Finals

Tags
attention whore murph, dirk, dirk > any tag ever, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=god of heat, dirk=god of thunder, dirk=nba champion!, epic fail bump, i can die now