Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #121
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Five Rockets before any Mav shows up...

Also:
  • -33.68 EffDiff by DAL is the 20th worst for any team this season
  • 138.78 DefEff by DAL is the 4th most for any team this season
  • -108.00 EffDiff by DAL in the 3rd quarter is the 4th worst for any team in any quarter or overtime this season
  • 176.00 OffEff by HOU in the 3rd quarter is the 9th most for any team in any quarter or overtime this season
  • 133.33 DefEff by DAL in the 1st half is tied (with 3 other) for the 2nd most for them in any half this season
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk with 8pts in a huge game? Embarrassing for Dirk and the coaching staff. Just terrible/pathetic.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #123
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Can't feel so bad about a player who coasted a year after winning a championship, delayed inevitable surgery, and refuses to rip into a owner who is clearly milking his superstar because they are too buddy buddy.
Hmm....doesn't say anything...he's loyal...
Doesn't say anything...he's a butt-licker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #124
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I really try to be optimistic, but this team doesn't make it easy. This should have been an adrenaline game for the Mavs, but instead they come out after halftime like they were given a sedative. Houston plays a bit of tenacious D to start the half and the Mavs have no stomach for it. They fold like a lawn chair. Dirk takes a total of eight shots in 27 minutes and Vince takes the same number. Totally unacceptable for what should have been a big game. The MBT is now backed into a corner. They either deliver a competitive team (or at least reasons for future optimism) during this off season, or they should be considered a bunch of clowns. Their master ingenious plan will have failed and they should apologize to the fans for their ineptitude. Maybe that seems harsh but I don't think there should be much sympathy for totally misfiring after winning a championship. They make the big bucks, and Cuban/Donnie were soooooo confident with their strategy. The MBT should be embarrassed after what has happened in the past week. And I too feel bad for Dirk. He deserves better than this.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #125
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

As terrible as this team currently is, I can't help but feel that it is only 1 functional Point Guard and 1 other "Star" type player away from being really solid.

And now back to my regularly scheduled bemoaning...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #126
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
As terrible as this team currently is, I can't help but feel that it is only 1 functional Point Guard and 1 other "Star" type player away from being really solid.
You could make that argument with any team. Especially any current playoff team.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #127
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
You could make that argument with any team. Especially any current playoff team.
I feel you are misrepresenting my comment. I wasn't comparing the Mavs to anyone, just pointing out that they have 2 VERY specific needs that they could very feasibly fill this off season. And that filling those needs would completely change the dynamic of the team.

Most current playoff teams don't have the actual possibility to sign players in the off season the way the mavs do. (I'm referencing dry powder here.)

Last edited by sike; 03-03-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #128
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I really try to be optimistic, but this team doesn't make it easy. This should have been an adrenaline game for the Mavs, but instead they come out after halftime like they were given a sedative. Houston plays a bit of tenacious D to start the half and the Mavs have no stomach for it. They fold like a lawn chair. Dirk takes a total of eight shots in 27 minutes and Vince takes the same number. Totally unacceptable for what should have been a big game. The MBT is now backed into a corner. They either deliver a competitive team (or at least reasons for future optimism) during this off season, or they should be considered a bunch of clowns. Their master ingenious plan will have failed and they should apologize to the fans for their ineptitude. Maybe that seems harsh but I don't think there should be much sympathy for totally misfiring after winning a championship. They make the big bucks, and Cuban/Donnie were soooooo confident with their strategy. The MBT should be embarrassed after what has happened in the past week. And I too feel bad for Dirk. He deserves better than this.
The Rockets "run" actually started mid way through the 2nd when Mike James stopped providing the offense for the team. Or when the Rockets put back in their starting back court.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #129
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

The FO should be judged after what happens this offseason. It's then that we'll know whether they were right or wrong
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #130
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

What's it say about mbt when they say they are going to contend this year but roll out the year with Collison, Roddy, Dojo as the PG's for the year?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #131
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I have seen quite a few Rockets games this season and I think talent-wise they are not better than the Mavs. The reason why they are six wins ahead of us is probably just that they have better chemistry, they play well together, they play for each other and they play with passion. We don't have that right now. The current Mavs don't excite me at all, apart from Dirk, Vince, and Marion. We need to get that fire back we had two years ago.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #132
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Rockets have a star and unfortunately we don't anymore. That was always the difference between us and Houston. Now the tables have turned.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #133
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Rockets have a star and unfortunately we don't anymore. That was always the difference between us and Houston. Now the tables have turned.
You can't seriously think THAT was the difference last night.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #134
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
You can't seriously think THAT was the difference last night.
I watched like 2 minutes last night. So I don't know about last night specifically but in terms of the direction each team is going I absolutely believe it. Houston is trending upwards and the Mavs are rudderless in shit creek.