Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-20-2001, 03:30 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs finish at fifth place behind the Spurs, Lakers, Sixers, and Kings.

MVP: First off, the Mavs finish No. 5? Unreal. Anyway, it's Dirk. He'll be scoring 25 a night soon. Unsung hero: Nobody will give Howard Eisley much credit, but he did a nice job when Nash was out. Goat: Let's all give a big hand to Gary Trent, for suiting up 33 times. That makes 44 games in two years. He is the weakest link. Goodbye.

Link: ESPN Power Rankings
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2001, 03:45 PM   #2
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

cool..thanks for the link
i think it should have been finley as the mavs mvp though, what about you?
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 03:55 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mavs should have finished ahead of the worthless sixers. They've stunk it up ever since the Motumbo trade. I wouldn't be suprised if the Pacers beat them in the first round.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 03:57 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Lam, do you have an agenda on every post?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:03 PM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

excuse me bookit?
why the personal attack?
i'm sorry if you disagree with my opinion that finley should have been the mavs MVP this year. but if you don't like it, you don't have to personally attack me. well, you can personally attack me if you have a valid sports opinion to back up your personal attack.
thank you, i hope you have a wonderful day
Old 04-20-2001, 04:14 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I personally think Nash is probably the Mavs MVP. The Mavs play like two totally different teams when he's in the game as opposed to not being in the game.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:22 PM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

Good point.. i don't think the mavs would have a chance to win this series without nash or dirk .. and or finley.
well, nash isn't the mavs MVP. but he might be there MIP.. most improved player and most important player.
the mavs have to have him running the point if they want to win a series in the post season
Old 04-20-2001, 04:49 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

MVP should definitely be either Fin or Nash. Based on this season, I'd say Nash is MVP while Fin is MIP (Most IMPORTANT Player) if that makes any sense at all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Uhm or maybe it's the other way around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Hell they're both MVPs!
Old 04-20-2001, 04:50 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Ok I just read LAM's latest post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I think you got it right - that's what I was thinking!
Old 04-20-2001, 04:56 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Findog is MVP... There is no question about that in the meager mind of Evilmav...
Old 04-20-2001, 04:58 PM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

truthfully, Most important player is more important than most valuable player.....
but i don't think the mavs have a shot without solid performances from dirk, fin, or nash. but, if nash isn't playing well, the mavs are almost assured of a first round exit.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:06 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Lam, I sense a change in attitude...I like it. I agree that either Fin or Nash should have gotten the MVP. I think that they are both more vital to the Mavs' success that Dirk, but there is no way we could have gotten this far without him.
Old 04-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #13
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

LAM how come you think Fin is MVP then you bash him and praise Dirk??
Old 04-20-2001, 07:28 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I was a bit curious of that too.
Old 04-21-2001, 12:59 AM   #15
LAM0015
Banned

if you will read a bit closer, you will see where i've said...probably 40-50 times that dirk needs to improve his defense and needs to drive more.
i don't think dirk will be the MVP of the mavs until his defense improves..(which it has done by leaps and bounds)...probably the mavs MVP next year and for the next 5-6 after that.

but, for now, barely...finley is the Mavs MVP, maybe.
he could be a great one if he worked on his shot selection and his defensive lapses....but, ...i guess we'll have to see about that