Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #41
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
I really feel like our best chance to improve through the draft is to draft Big Baby out of LSU. Here's a good video on the dude:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2xARh4_dfs
That is awesome! "I'm like KG and Shaq put together." We gotta draft him just for quotes like that!
MavzManiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #42
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Last week my father was in Seattle on business, and he saw Kevin Durant having dinner with the Sonics GM and co.

Are they allowed to do that?
I'm pretty sure they are free to do whatever since Durant has declared for the draft. There was drama beforehand when people mentioned Durant's name before he had declared.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #43
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
I'm pretty sure they are free to do whatever since Durant has declared for the draft. There was drama beforehand when people mentioned Durant's name before he had declared.
Yeah. Same thing as that whole deal with Pop going to St. Croix to hang with Timmy after getting the #1 pick.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #44
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzManiacz
That is awesome! "I'm like KG and Shaq put together." We gotta draft him just for quotes like that!

Ha ha ha! Maybe he just means "I have Shaq's weight problem's and poor work ethic AND Garnett's lack of a post game!"

I hope we can draft him with one of our lower picks.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #45
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Ha ha ha! Maybe he just means "I have Shaq's weight problem's and poor work ethic AND Garnett's lack of a post game!"

I hope we can draft him with one of our lower picks.
Shaq & KG's lovechild... gotta love him!! Don't mind Shaq's weight problem so much... but just hope he doesn't inherit his FT technique. And again don't mind KG's post game so much as his "I'll punch you in the face if you dunk on me in practice" attitude!!

Bottom line... would be nice if we can get him for the #34 pick! Just unleash the beast on the GS and PHX "vertically handicapped players".
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #46
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

It's interesting you mention GS and PHX vertically handicapped players, I would think they are all very athletic and love the big time dunks. If anything, in watching the video I would say that Big Baby has a hard time getting up high enough to dunk given his weight and lack of height.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #47
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Fazekas thinks he has shot to make it
Confident Nevada forward compares game to Nowitzki's

By BERNARD FERNANDEZ
fernanb@phillynews.com

IF IT'S TUESDAY, it must be Philadelphia. So tell us, Nick Fazekas, what do you think of the place?

"I like Philadelphia from what I've seen," the 6-11 power forward from the University of Nevada said yesterday. "It's a good city."

Not that Fazekas' critique is based on extensive research. The sweet-shooting forward, a native of Arvada, Colo., is on a whirlwind, 13-city tour, working out for NBA teams considering drafting him on June 28. All the three-time Western Athletic Conference Player of the Year saw here were the airport, whatever sights there were on the drive to his hotel, and the 76ers' practice facility at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Today, Fazekas is in North Jersey to audition for the Nets, the fifth stop on his crowded itinerary.

"Mentally, it's hard to go city to city, to check into different hotels," Fazekas acknowledged. "Physically, it's not very tough. You get a day off here, a day off there."

Besides, as he might have noted, baskets everywhere are 10 feet high. And when he's rising to launch a jump shot, anyplace feels like home for Fazekas.

"It's a very big selling point," Fazekas said of his sure stroke and extended range. "I feel like I can shoot as good as almost anyone in the NBA. That's the way I feel - especially [compared with] the 4s [power forwards] and 5s [centers].

"Once I get in the NBA, I can be about the best shooting big [man] that there is."

Also working out for the Sixers yesterday were Boston College forward Jared Dudley, California center DeVon Hardin, Wake Forest center Kyle Visser, Russian forward/center Artem Zabelin, Providence forward/center Herbert Hill, Penn forward Mark Zoller and Villanova forward Will Sheridan.

Dudley, the Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Year, and Zoller were the shortest, each at 6-7, while the pencil-thin Zabelin was the lightest, listed at 215 pounds.

"Today was impressive - a lot of big guys,'' Sixers president Billy King said. "That's one of our weaknesses, mainly for the factor of not knowing the status of Joe [Smith], whether we'll be able to re-sign him. [Shavlik Randolph] is coming off an injury, and Alan [Henderson] is a free agent."

But if most of the tall timber that passed through for this round of inspection is of the standard, body-banging, low-post variety, Fazekas is intriguing. His game, in some respects, is reminiscent of another big guy who can step out and bury the jumper - perennial All-Star Dirk Nowitzki, the Dallas Mavericks' superstar voted Most Valuable Player this season.

"Dirk can really play off the dribble and do certain things a little better than me," Fazekas said. "But as far as spot shooting, it's no problem for me. I'm a little like Dirk that way."

Of course, being a little like Dirk is not the same as being a lot like Dirk, or else he would be in line to fill a very high draft slot.

Asked to list areas in which Fazekas compares to Nowitzki, King said: "Shooting the ball. That's about the only thing. And that's not a knock. Comparing him to Nowitzki, that's unfair.

"I think Fazekas can shoot the ball as well as Nowitzki, but Nowitzki has more of a perimeter game. Fazekas is not as athletic and not as skilled at handling the basketball. I think his post game will come. But you don't want to take away what he does best."

Fazekas proudly points out that he scored 2,464 points during his 4-year college career, and not nearly all of them were from the outside. This past season, he averaged 20.4 points and 11.1 rebounds.

"I don't want to get rapped to where it comes down, 'OK, Nick can only shoot,' " Fazekas said. "I scored nearly 2,500 points in college. It wasn't very often I got to step out. A lot of my points came in the paint. I don't want anyone to get mixed up about that."

King said there's no need for Fazekas to be defensive about some of his skills.

"Usually, when you draft a guy, there's something he needs to work on," King said. "Don't look at what a guy can't do. You have to look at what he does well. You can always find negatives . . . In this league, we can develop other parts of your game once you get in."

Six shots

Spencer Hawes, the University of Washington's 7-foot freshman center, gets a solo workout today, which is interesting, because several mock drafts have him going to the Sixers at No. 12. Hawes is the nephew of Steve Hawes, who played in the NBA. "I've been working on my perimeter game, my shooting; stuff that doesn't always come through in games, you should be able to do in workouts," he said during the NBA predraft camp in Orlando . . . Mark Zoller and Will Sheridan probably received courtesy calls from the Sixers, but have options outside the NBA - the NBA Development League, Europe and lives beyond basketball, where they can utilize their education. Sheridan, in fact, already is interning at a Wall Street firm. "Wall Street is all about numbers," he said. "It's competitive, it's fast-paced. Everybody is trying to get theirs. That's what it is out here on the court" . . . Jared Dudley was described as an "undersized power forward," but, he added, "there have been guys who have been successful in this league who have been that size." *
, the University of Washington's 7-foot freshman center, gets a solo workout today, which is interesting, because several mock drafts have him going to the Sixers at No. 12. Hawes is the nephew of who played in the NBA. "I've been working on my perimeter game, my shooting; stuff that doesn't always come through in games, you should be able to do in workouts," he said during the NBA predraft camp in Orlando . . . and probably received courtesy calls from the Sixers, but have options outside the NBA - the NBA Development League, Europe and lives beyond basketball, where they can utilize their education. Sheridan, in fact, already is interning at a Wall Street firm. "Wall Street is all about numbers," he said. "It's competitive, it's fast-paced. Everybody is trying to get theirs. That's what it is out here on the court" . . . was described as an "undersized power forward," but, he added, "there have been guys who have been successful in this league who have been that size." *
Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #48
V2M
Diamond Member

Yi drawing interest from Warriors

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2007 6:01 pm EDT

The Golden State Warriors hold the No. 18 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Word on the street is that the team has more than a passing interest in Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian, who doesn't figure to be around that late.

One rumor has the Warriors offering their pick and players – possibly Jason Richardson – to the Milwaukee Bucks for, at the very least, the sixth overall pick.

Source: The Journal Times
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #49
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Glen Davis was on Chad Ford's podcast today. Supposedly his body fat's down to 11%, and he's under 200 lbs now. Donnie, get it done...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #50
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I hope they try to get him and that he still is available with the #34 pick.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #51
MavzManiacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Glen Davis ... under 200 lbs now.
Was this a mis-type??? He was over 330 his freshman year, so surely there is no way he lost that much weight .... without surgery at least.

Also, the only time I've seen him is the video earlier in this thread. How much did he rely on his size rather than talent and ability? If he continues to lose tons of weight, will he be less effective?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #52
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Under 300 - I think I read 292 lbs somewhere.
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #53
S'nasty13

S'nasty13 is on a distinguished road

LSU power forward is Glen Davis
S'nasty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #54
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzManiacz
Was this a mis-type??? He was over 330 his freshman year, so surely there is no way he lost that much weight .... without surgery at least.

Also, the only time I've seen him is the video earlier in this thread. How much did he rely on his size rather than talent and ability? If he continues to lose tons of weight, will he be less effective?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...+Draft&p=88708

And it wasn't a mis-type. Ford probably meant 300, though.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #55
V2M
Diamond Member

Suns close to trade into top 10

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 25, 2007 09:27 AM
The Suns are closing in on a trade that would put them in the top 10 of Thursday's draft, according to David Griffin, Phoenix's senior vice president of basketball operations.

The increasing chances prompted Florida's Corey Brewer (a defensive small forward), Joakim Noah (a high-motor power forward) and Georgetown's Jeff Green (a versatile small forward) to agree to work out Tuesday in Phoenix with a fourth mystery player of top-10 caliber.

The Suns also are having second workouts Tuesday with Finnish point guard Petteri Koponen, Oregon point guard Aaron Brooks and Wisconsin small forward Alando Tucker, who will be joined by new visitor Giorgos Printezis of Greece.

There are ongoing talks with a few teams in the top 10 but one dialogue is "much hotter," Griffin said.

To make a deal, the Suns would likely give up some combination of their 24th and 29th picks this year and the draft pick of Atlanta's that they own for next year.