Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #201
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
If the eagles score a TD here I'm gonna miss the fake Jerry & Wade on the ticket.
Well, it looks like we are going to get one last brilliant Fake Jerry & Wade.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #202
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, I think it definitely fired up the Eagles (and the fans in the stadium) when they found out Tampa and Chicago lost. Then you add up that they were going against a mentally fragile team that happens to be their most hated rival that they always give trouble.

It all just spelled blowout to me.
Let's be honest, the Cowboys would have probably had the same fate at home too. If they couldn't be inspired by last week's game then why would they be inspired...um....ever?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #203
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I"m not sure how anyone's defending Romo or his fumbles at this point. Taking chances is one thing. Having the complete inability to put the damn ball away when a defender is about to crawl up your back is idiotic. Tony Romo played a terrible, terrible football game today, along with basically every other player in the Dallas uniform.

I think Phillips and Garret should be gone. I would say TO should be gone too, but I'm not sure where you're going to find a #1 wide receiver. Every indication is that Roy Williams is not that guy.

And I'm not sure how you keep Pacman returning punts all season after he proves time and again the he has completely lost his return ability. That dude has no business being on this roster next season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #204
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
How can you call a statement dumb, when you come right back and mention the last 4 or 5 horrible Cowboys QB as your justification for supporting Romo? .
no, silly...I was pointing out how incredibly dumb this statement is:

Quote:
...our heartless QB who has helped bring us to the lowest level since the 1-15 season?!.
tell me which of these quarterbacks you'd rather have than romo --

Vinnie Testaverde
Drew Henson
Ryan Leaf
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Clint Stoerner
Drew Bledsoe

I'm not saying romo is great -- I think he's a good quarterback that needs to do a better job taking care of the ball but that nonetheless can make some plays.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #205
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I"m not sure how anyone's defending Romo or his fumbles at this point. Taking chances is one thing. Having the complete inability to put the damn ball away when a defender is about to crawl up your back is idiotic. Tony Romo played a terrible, terrible football game today, along with basically every other player in the Dallas uniform.

I think Phillips and Garret should be gone. I would say TO should be gone to, but I'm not sure where you're going to find a #1 wide receiver. Every indication is that Roy Williams is not that guy.
Do you think Roy Williams has gotten enough of a shot though?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #206
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Do you think Roy Williams has gotten enough of a shot though?
I think if Roy Williams can't get open more than he has with a safety rolled onto TO all game, I'm not sure how he's going to get open when that safety is rolled to him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #207
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I"m not sure how anyone's defending Romo or his fumbles at this point.
I think the point is that the Cowboy's were already down by 24 points by this time. To try to pin the game on mistakes when you're already trailing by that huge a deficit is to have missed the point.

I'm seeing a team that is getting physically whipped at the line of scrimmage for starters.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #208
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think the point is that the Cowboy's were already down by 24 points by this time. To try to pin the game on mistakes when you're already trailing by that huge a deficit is to have missed the point.

I'm seeing a team that is getting physically whipped at the line of scrimmage for starters.
Well anyone pinning this entire game on Romo is an idiot. Very, very few people came to play today.

BTW, anyone else on board with trading Barber and rolling with Felix/Choice next year? Barber suddenly has fumbleitis, and there's no need for all three of our RB's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #209
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think Phillips and Garret should be gone. I would say TO should be gone too, but I'm not sure where you're going to find a #1 wide receiver. Every indication is that Roy Williams is not that guy.

And I'm not sure how you keep Pacman returning punts all season after he proves time and again the he has completely lost his return ability. That dude has no business being on this roster next season.
There definitely needs to be some major changes, coaching and player personnel wise. I think both Phillips and Garret need to go...if only one goes, it's obvious it's Wade. I dunno how Jerry lets TO go, TO is going to become radioactive for him to be kicked off the roster...unless there is a boat-load of money that is coming his way. I've already stated my case on Roy Williams.

Pac-Man is going to be an obvious case for don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The drama has only really started now in Valley Ranch.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #210
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well anyone pinning this entire game on Romo is an idiot. Very, very few people came to play today.

BTW, anyone else on board with trading Barber and rolling with Felix/Choice next year? Barber suddenly has fumbleitis, and there's no need for all three of our RB's.
3 RBs is a bit much, you MUST have 2 though. It's a very tough call on making that move though. I wouldn't say we truly had 3 RBs as a whole this year. Choice was riding the pine the whole year while Barber and Felix were doing their thing. Barber become the horse while Felix was out and Choice didn't get a lot going until Barber went down.

It's hard to trust the health factor with Barber AND Felix.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #211
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

this game was pretty good, while I'm not a cowboys or eagles fan, my friends are eagles fans so I went to my friends house in philly for a party they always have on any game day
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #212
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

honestly, the game was over just before halftime when romo threw the interception and phili scored. then pacman fumbled.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #213
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
3 RBs is a bit much, you MUST have 2 though. It's a very tough call on making that move though. I wouldn't say we truly had 3 RBs as a whole this year. Choice was riding the pine the whole year while Barber and Felix were doing their thing. Barber become the horse while Felix was out and Choice didn't get a lot going until Barber went down.

It's hard to trust the health factor with Barber AND Felix.
Barber split time his entire college career with Maroney, right?

If I'm right on that, Choice is our only RB that was ever THE guy in college or in the NFL. I have no problem rolling with Choice/Jones next year.

And no, I absolutely would not trade Choice and roll with Barber/Jones.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 12-28-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #214
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
this game was pretty good
my new choice for dumbest statement i've ever read in this forum.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #215
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, I think Joe Buck touched on it a bit:
What a crazy day if you're an Eagles player, your mindset might be all over the place if you're paying attention to the games today.
Either Joe or Troy said it best, "With a season like this and the ending, EVERYTHING should be on the table". That includes EVERYONE...I think they said it best..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #216
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every indication is that Roy Williams is not that guy.
He's fully capable of being a #1 guy. I'm not sure you want to roll with him being far and away your best receiver, but if you can get another guy who can be a good #2, Roy certainly has enough talent to be a #1.

I wish I knew why it didn't click for him this year. I'm sure it's partially his fault and partially the fault of the coaches/Romo. But I want to see what he does in the first few games next season.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #217
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
He's fully capable of being a #1 guy. I'm not sure you want to roll with him being far and away your best receiver, but if you can get another guy who can be a good #2, Roy certainly has enough talent to be a #1.

I wish I knew why it didn't click for him this year. I'm sure it's partially his fault and partially the fault of the coaches/Romo. But I want to see what he does in the first few games next season.
I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I was elated at the trade but it's certainly looking awful at this point. That pick we gave up is going to end up being, what, the 18th pick?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 12-28-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #218
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I was elated at the trade but it's certainly looking awful at this point. That pick we gave up is going to end up being, what, the 18th pick?
I think at this point you have to be disappointed. Even though I didn't expect him to be a #1 type guy this year, I expected a hell of a lot more than what we got.

Who knows, maybe it will never work out with him. I'm keeping the faith for now, though, simply because I know how much talent the guy has.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #219
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My problem with Roy is that there isn't a really much evidence that he isn't a 1 year wonder. Yeah, he had a pretty bad situation in Detroit, but Calvin Johnson managed to turn that into a 1300 yard, 12 TD season regardless.

My only defense of him is that he was injured and just never able to develop the chemistry with Romo that he needed. He is going to have something to prove next year, and I'm not entirely convinced he will do it. But we will see.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #220
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

ESPNEWS just had a stat that Philly committed zero penalties, is that true?

Also...McNabb only attempted 21 passes?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-28-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: im a moron
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #221
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Williams should have shown a lot more than he showed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #222
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Barber split time his entire college career with Maroney, right?

If I'm right on that, Choice is our only RB that was ever THE guy in college or in the NFL. I have no problem rolling with Choice/Jones next year.

And no, I absolutely would not trade Choice and roll with Barber/Jones.
Quote:
I think at this point you have to be disappointed. Even though I didn't expect him to be a #1 type guy this year, I expected a hell of a lot more than what we got.

Who knows, maybe it will never work out with him. I'm keeping the faith for now, though, simply because I know how much talent the guy has.
for jthigs point about Barber/Maroney...I honestly have NO idea what the case was in college. I know what I know now and his style caters to him getting hurt. It's like Brandon Jacobs, the guy has a bruising style and he is going to get hurt all the time. I agree though that Choice/Felix has more versatility and probably makes me feel a little more comfortable opposed to Barber/Felix. I'm not saying on a talent level, but just over a broad scope.

Roy is a disappointment, but I had that believe from the get-go on him for this year. He is the #1 in waiting it appears. Now for that #2 to go with Roy, is Witten enough to fill that void or do you need an actual WR to fill the role?

Fin, I think the situation in Detroit was Roy was seen or percieved as the #1 option so he garnered most of the attention from the secondary, which led to an obvious field day for Calvin. Calvin was a legit number 1 and got the coverage or a #2 or 3.

The point is, he came in midseason, there were a ton of options in the offense, Romo was hurt, and then Roy had some foot issues. It's way too soon to put judgement on Roy in the offense. Short term, it was bad and I knew it would be. Long term, I think we'll be ok with him. Now it does stink they gave up some picks that could easily be useful this year for him.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #223
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

wops.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 12-28-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #224
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

I would believe both of those.

McNabb: I doubt he played much of the last quarter, I know he didn't play near the end of it. They really had a good balance of Run vs Pass early. Once get that big of a lead, you just don't need to throw that often.

penalties...I'm guessing it was just a great day for them. I know they definitely didn't have any called in the first half for sure.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #225
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No, you are missing his entire point. It's hard to get a good quarterback in this league, as the Cowboys situation post-Aikman will attest to. And now you think we are just going to pluck one up in the offseason. Like I said, you don't have a plan, just a prayer. Good luck with that.
I know what he was saying, but I am saying you have to be reaching extremely low to go to that point to defend Romo. IMO

If you think that Jerry Jones cant go out there and get a QB then you are sadly mistaken. It can be done. Maybe not one that will put up the meaningless monster stats like Romo, but one that gives the best chance to win in the big games. But I really think that with the likes of a Whitten, T.O., Barber and Felix, a good enough QB is not as hard as you think. IMO..Shit, we could still keep Romo as a back-up, YES a very expensive one, but never the less a very good back-up to jumpstart the Cowboys if needed.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #226
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I know what he was saying, but I am saying you have to be reaching extremely low to go to that point to defend Romo. IMO

If you think that Jerry Jones cant go out there and get a QB then you are sadly mistaken. It can be done. Maybe not one that will put up the meaningless monster stats like Romo, but one that gives the best chance to win in the big games. But I really think that with the likes of a Whitten, T.O., Barber and Felix, a good enough QB is not as hard as you think. IMO..Shit, we could still keep Romo as a back-up, YES a very expensive one, but never the less a very good back-up to jumpstart the Cowboys if needed.
So what you're saying here is that Jerry should break the bank for a QB?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #227
LonghornDub

Quote:
My problem with Roy is that there isn't a really much evidence that he isn't a 1 year wonder. Yeah, he had a pretty bad situation in Detroit, but Calvin Johnson managed to turn that into a 1300 yard, 12 TD season regardless.

My only defense of him is that he was injured and just never able to develop the chemistry with Romo that he needed. He is going to have something to prove next year, and I'm not entirely convinced he will do it. But we will see.
The guy is just really, really talented. I'm not sure he's ever consistently shown it, even in college, but when you see the flashes you realize how good he can be.

That's what I'm holding out hope for. I've gotta wonder if maybe that plantar fascitis and hardly practicing didn't severely hinder him this year. I guess we'll see. But don't be surprised if he comes out firing on all cylinders next year. He's got as much talent as any WR in the league short of the Moss/Fitzgerald tier.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #228
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fin, I think the situation in Detroit was Roy was seen or percieved as the #1 option so he garnered most of the attention from the secondary, which led to an obvious field day for Calvin. Calvin was a legit number 1 and got the coverage or a #2 or 3.
The problem with this is that Calvin's production didn't really drop off when Roy got traded, and he was CLEARLY the only option that Detroit had. So I don't really think it was a matter of Roy taking all the coverage off Calvin because he was only there for the first 7 games or so in the first place.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #229
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Romo at the press conference "We didn't play good this december"
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #230
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:

It's a not really a reach. Romo clearly has some warts, but he's still a good quarterback. There was a lot wrong with the offense that went beyond Romo.

And speaking of Barber and Felix, Romo didn't even have that to work with. And Barber is probably a tad overrated, but that's another story for another day.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #231
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Romo at the press conference "We didn't play good this december"
To quote a former head coach and current secondary coach:

"Obviously"

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #232
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
...And Barber is probably a tad overrated, but that's another story for another day.
3.7 yards per attempt??? I wonder whether there was a running back in the league with 200 plus attempts and a lower average???
Old 12-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #233
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
3.7 yards per attempt??? I wonder whether there was a running back in the league with 200 plus attempts and a lower average???
Yeah, and that was a tad deflated by his injury, but he was still under 4 before the injury. And imo, if you can't hit 4 per carry, you really aren't that great of a running back.

Barber is what he is. He was great in his role last year, but he's not a feature workhorse back. And yet despite having some great backups, Garrett for some mindboggling reason decided to turn him into one.

And then his running style got him injured. I've said it all season long, the Cowboys botched the run game badly.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #234
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, and that was a tad deflated by his injury, but he was still under 4 before the injury. And imo, if you can't hit 4 per carry, you really aren't that great of a running back.

Barber is what he is. He was great in his role last year, but he's not a feature workhorse back. And yet despite having some great backups, Garrett for some mindboggling reason decided to turn him into one.

And then his running style got him injured. I've said it all season long, the Cowboys botched the run game badly.
yep....
Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #235
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Quick eye-ball glance suggests there are some players, not a lot (granted, I think this is going into today's games):
Ryan Grant - 293 for 3.7
LT - 278 for 3.6
Jamal Lewis - 256 for 3.5

I still think the NFL standard for average yards per carry is still at 4.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-28-2008 at 08:19 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #236
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quick eye-ball glance suggests there are some players, not a lot (granted, I think this is going into today's games):
Ryan Grant - 293 for 3.7
LT - 278 for 3.6
Jamal Lewis - 256 for 3.5

I still think the NFL standard for average yards per carry is still at 4.
yeah, I looked it up too -- 21 rb's had more than 200 attempts, Barber was tied for 18th. I think in retrospect he is much better suited to being the "change of pace" guy.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #237
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Wow, it sounds like Jerry is still in the coaching staff's corner.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #238
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

yep.... he wants continuity., but what happens when the continuity is a bunch of mediocrity.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #239
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Wow, it sounds like Jerry is still in the coaching staff's corner.
He won't admit mistakes. Firing the staff and not continuing on the grooming path for Jason admits he made mistakes. Eventually he needs to own up to all of this, he is the constant out of everything that has happened.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #240
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This season, to me, just reinforces what we all should know by now: This team will never sustain sucess while Jerry has as much control as he has. He hires soft coaches and then demonstrates to anyone paying attention that he's the one truly in charge.

Granpa Urine likes to tell the story that Parcells told someone on his way out of Valley Ranch for the last time that in two year (or some amount of time, can't remember exactly) "you'll never know I was here".

I think there's some truth to that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game