Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #241
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He won't admit mistakes. Firing the staff and not continuing on the grooming path for Jason admits he made mistakes. Eventually he needs to own up to all of this, he is the constant out of everything that has happened.
I really like Jerry, but you are correct on this one. While I don't think we need to be making panic decisions, we do need to clean house a little bit, and the first place I would start is the coaching staff. But with the way the season ended, it's hard to say for sure exactly where we should start because it looks like there are a lot of potential areas to address.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #242
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This season, to me, just reinforces what we all should know by now: This team will never sustain sucess while Jerry has as much control as he has. He hires soft coaches and then demonstrates to anyone paying attention that he's the one truly in charge.

Granpa Urine likes to tell the story that Parcells told someone on his way out of Valley Ranch for the last time that in two year (or some amount of time, can't remember exactly) "you'll never know I was here".

I think there's some truth to that.
Yeah, but the problem is even when we had a "tough" coach like Parcells, we were still playing undisciplined football and losing important games. So I'm not sure what the answer is exactly.

I think the real problem is that we just have a bunch of boneheads on this team. They have the talent to tease you but lack the discipline to get it done. You can get it done with a couple of talented boneheads, but when you a roster littered with them, you've got some problems.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #243
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, but the problem is even when we had a "tough" coach like Parcells, we were still playing undisciplined football and losing important games. So I'm not sure what the answer is exactly.

I think the real problem is that we just have a bunch of boneheads on this team.
True, I'm not saying Parcells staying was the answer. What is the answer is a coach/GM combo (either two people or the same guy) that wil/can force Jerry to back off.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #244
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Grandpa Urine?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #245
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Randy Galloway

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #246
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Jerry wanting continuity sounds like Cuban with the 2006 Mavericks.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #247
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a team, and it hasn't been for a while.

It's a group of cliques that sometimes come together for one purpose. There isn't a major sense of chemistry that goes along with the organization. Jerry deserves credit because he's trying to make moves and taking risks because he wants to win, there isn't a question of his hunger for victory. There is doubt about his sense of what's best for the team though.

I don't think I'm a fan for the Coach and GM to be the same person, I think it's too much to handle for one person. So I would be in the boat of getting some strong personalities that can match up with Jerry and show him what needs to be done.

I'm getting worried we're slowly turning into the Raiders.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #248
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Jerry wanting continuity sounds like Cuban with the 2006 Mavericks.
This team so reminds me of the Dallas Mavericks it's not even funny.

Dallas sports fans are just cursed. It doesn't even matter the team anymore, it's always the same story.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-28-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #249
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Baltimore = no continuity
Atlanta = no continuity
Old 12-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #250
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't know what it will take to fix this thing. I would say get rid of TO, but I was wanting to cut Williams at halftime today. Maybe we could tape TO's mouth shut.

I cannot stand the abomination that is Adam Jones.

I don't want Garrett. I don't want 2 more years of slightly above mediocre football before having to search for another coach. I want Cowher. That would put me on the right path to mending this broken heart of mine.

But I won't get it. Heck, I might not feel the same tomorrow. But this is really pathetic.

And screw you silk. Romo is still going to be the quarterback. So screw you.

Kill me.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #251
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Honestly I don't know what it will take to fix this thing. I would say get rid of TO, but I was wanting to cut Williams at halftime today. Maybe we could tape TO's mouth shut.

I don't want Garrett. I don't want 2 more years of slightly above mediocre football before having to search for another coach. I want Cowher. That would put me on the right path to mending this broken heart of mine.

But I won't get it. Heck, I might not feel the same tomorrow. But this is really pathetic.

Kill me.
Last week, Peter King suggested that the Cowboys will or should talk to Mike Holmgren about a FO position. I dunno where that would stand today.

Cowher would definitely be on the short list of candidates. Who knows what he ultimately wants to do though.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #252
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Hire a Head Coach and demote Wade to Defensive Coord and assist Head Coach.

Call Dom Capers as the head -- he would take both Phillips and Red.

Demote or Fire Stewart.
Demote or Fire Bruce Read.

Then start with attitude, and Jerry needs to put it all back on the coaches by empowering them. Jerry allowing the players to run the asylum is a big issue.

They had more talent than any team in the league. They just couldn't get it done due to attitude and coaching.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #253
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
yeah, I looked it up too -- 21 rb's had more than 200 attempts, Barber was tied for 18th. I think in retrospect he is much better suited to being the "change of pace" guy.
Perhaps Felix can carry such a load that MB3 will get back to his bruising self...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #254
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Romo collapsed in the shower

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...he-shower.html
Quote:
Tony Romo's three turnovers were momentarily meaningless Sunday night when players started yelling in the shower after the quarterback collapsed from a rib injury.

Athletic trainer Jim Maurer and his staff rushed into the shower as the locker room came to a near standstill. A stretcher was wheeled in, but Romo was eventually helped to his feet and taken into the training room.

As someone who was standing there watching this whole scene unfold, I can tell you the players were shocked. They didn't know what to do. Deon Anderson went out running for emergency help, but Maurer and associate athletic trainer Britt Brown were all over it.

Adam Jones, of all people, was standing there yelling at me, another reporter and a TV camera man to get back. Let me tell you, running into the shower was the last place we needed to be at that moment. Jerry Jones' personal security chief, Roosevelt Riley, came out to push everybody back and an equipment staff member grabbed all of Romo's things and headed to the training room.

When asked later what happened, Romo said, "Um, you know, I was just a little banged up, I guess."

While the injury was no laughing matter, Romo fell to 5-8 as a starter in December, and his reputation for coming up short in big games is only getting worse.

"Well, I've got to play better," Romo said. "The team's got to play better. We didn't play good this December. That's obviously the story."
That must have been pretty scary.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #255
BGMaverick9
Guru

Goodness...well, at least that was all that was scary about the incident. Geez.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #256
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Tony Romo collapsed in the shower

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...he-shower.html

That must have been pretty scary.
O-Line and whoever organizes it's protection schemes is to blame. Kudos for Romo for giving his all, but he shouldn't have to be tossed like a ragdoll to make a play. Horrible protection.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #257
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

romo has no heart.

he is content and complacent.

smiling on the sidelines trailing hopelessly in the 4th on more than one occasion this season.

the guy will never do anything worth mentioning in the nfl, unless he gets some underachievers award, or getting the least out of the most nomination.

the dallas cowboys do not have a chance with him, buit hes not the only one. just the most visibly satisfied with mediocrity
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #258
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas is doomed!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #259
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw Romo's post game quotes on channell 11 sports special.

He seriously just doesn't care. It's pretty shocking what a pretty boy loser he has become.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #260
BGMaverick9
Guru

I've been thinking about this a lot tonight and will for quite a while.

If the coach/staff isn't going to change, one of two things need to change (mainly on the offensive side of the ball): the scheme needs to be more aggressive/diverse, maybe not as vanilla or transparent to where the Defense can expose it as was mentioned.

The other option is someone will just flat out need to go whether that be Barber, TO, Roy, whoever...if the scheme and circus-like atmosphere in the locker room won't change we're just running into the same results. Each week a squeaking wheel will get the grease and we'll either win or lose because of it.

I dunno if the idea of too many weapons is possible, but it might be here. Everyone wants the ball, spreading the ball around can help ease the concerns, but honestly...there will be games where some people might not get as many looks or touches with what we've got here. People will need to accept that or get out of the way.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #261
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post

Kill me.
Another get rid of T.O. dumb as* mess....That is downright stupid to think about trading T.O. You get rid of T.O. you just killed Whitten and Romo both at the same time...Do you not get it? Teams plan to stop T.O. which means Whitten and others get one on one coverage. You take away that, and teams get to pay more attention to them, and that means trouble.

Now, screw yourself, because T.O. will be the #1 option next year for the Cowboys...The #1 option GUARANTEED!!!!! Barber will be the #1 option at RB, and Felix will be the #1A option at #2..That means that Choice will be gone or used as trade bait, because he deserves to be an #2 in the NFL. He deserves playing time and I just dont see him getting any with our 1/2 RB combo...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #262
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've been thinking about this a lot tonight and will for quite a while.

If the coach/staff isn't going to change, one of two things need to change (mainly on the offensive side of the ball): the scheme needs to be more aggressive/diverse, maybe not as vanilla or transparent to where the Defense can expose it as was mentioned.

The other option is someone will just flat out need to go whether that be Barber, TO, Roy, whoever...if the scheme and circus-like atmosphere in the locker room won't change we're just running into the same results. Each week a squeaking wheel will get the grease and we'll either win or lose because of it.

I dunno if the idea of too many weapons is possible, but it might be here. Everyone wants the ball, spreading the ball around can help ease the concerns, but honestly...there will be games where some people might not get as many looks or touches with what we've got here. People will need to accept that or get out of the way.
So what is your plan to get another #1 RB or WR on this team? Tell me a better RB or WR than Barber or T.O.? They dont grow on trees, just like some say QB dont grow on trees. While you are saying that, then include Whitten and Romo to that list as well. They are not exempt from this. I would say that the 4 people that should NOT be touched is Whitten, T.O., Barber and Felix....I dont see the blame on any of those 4 players when healthy.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #263
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

we need pro-bowler offensive line backups. ours get hurt too much. and maybe consider trading flozell the hotel. the only thing we need to win games is a beast offensive line that mauls the hell out of defenses and a fullback/rb that can block.

Witten is the only one untouchable on the team. Though I cant think of anyone I'd rather have than Romo, he just needs to get his chit together.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #264
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
So what is your plan to get another #1 RB or WR on this team? Tell me a better RB or WR than Barber or T.O.? They dont grow on trees, just like some say QB dont grow on trees. While you are saying that, then include Whitten and Romo to that list as well. They are not exempt from this. I would say that the 4 people that should NOT be touched is Whitten, T.O., Barber and Felix....I dont see the blame on any of those 4 players when healthy.

Lists for better RBs, WRs...we've already gone down that road on this forum before, we don't need to run around in circles.

To get another WR or RB??? I said it's possible someone needs to go. My point with that part was addition by subtraction. I don't really know how you can spin what has gone on as of late and bring everything back together next season and say "Welp, we're just going to try again!" That's not going to cut it here, I know that's not good enough in Cowboy-Land. I have growing concerns that there are TOO many pieces to the puzzle, that they're making it more difficult than it needs to be. If the coaching staff is staying, something needs to change...one way or another. If they can make the scheme work to where everyone is involved and the offense is clicking, awesome...we don't need to do a thing. I just won't hold my breath on that.

As for the other point you made...sure Witten and Romo can be added to the list...A LOT of people can be added to list, I just didn't feel like adding half of the offensive line and etc.

It was mentioned earlier an idea by jthig which could have some potential behind it. I don't really see the need for a 3-headed monster at the RB position, someone is getting wasted in the process. Now whoever you decide needs to go...I don't really care at this point. I mentioned in the thread that Choice/Felix might be a way to go. You're definitely going to get some talent or picks in return for a player of Barber's stature. That's just one way of looking at it...is it the right way, I don't know, it's just one way to look at it. Either way, you can make a deal with one of our RBs and get some picks for now and the future that will help.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #265
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Lists for better RBs, WRs...we've already gone down that road on this forum before, we don't need to run around in circles.

To get another WR or RB??? I said it's possible someone needs to go. My point with that part was addition by subtraction. I don't really know how you can spin what has gone on as of late and bring everything back together next season and say "Welp, we're just going to try again!" That's not going to cut it here, I know that's not good enough in Cowboy-Land. I have growing concerns that there are TOO many pieces to the puzzle, that they're making it more difficult than it needs to be. If the coaching staff is staying, something needs to change...one way or another. If they can make the scheme work to where everyone is involved and the offense is clicking, awesome...we don't need to do a thing. I just won't hold my breath on that.

As for the other point you made...sure Witten and Romo can be added to the list...A LOT of people can be added to list, I just didn't feel like adding half of the offensive line and etc.

It was mentioned earlier an idea by jthig which could have some potential behind it. I don't really see the need for a 3-headed monster at the RB position, someone is getting wasted in the process. Now whoever you decide needs to go...I don't really care at this point. I mentioned in the thread that Choice/Felix might be a way to go. You're definitely going to get some talent or picks in return for a player of Barber's stature. That's just one way of looking at it...is it the right way, I don't know, it's just one way to look at it. Either way, you can make a deal with one of our RBs and get some picks for now and the future that will help.
BG,
Come on man, how could you consider to keep a rookie RB in Felix who missed over half the season, along with a rookie player in Choice who had some decent games while NO team planned for him and think that a Choice/Felix combo is the way to go...No way, at all..The Barber/Felix combo may be the most potent next season in the NFL. There is no way to change that, maybe we get something from Choice.

We dont need another talented RB, WR or TE on this team. We are two or three deep at those positions. The problem on the field is at the QB position. Rather it be #1 or 2 option, that is our main problem "ON" the field. The coaching staff is a mess, so we need a change at the Head Coach position, and move Wade to defensive coach, cut ties with Garret and get us another offensive coach as well. Lets do what we can do to get Cowher here, and watch him do his magic and bring discipline to this team. We lack leadership on and off the field..
Old 12-29-2008, 01:15 AM   #266
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
BG,
Come on man, how could you consider to keep a rookie RB in Felix who missed over half the season, along with a rookie player in Choice who had some decent games while NO team planned for him and think that a Choice/Felix combo is the way to go...No way, at all..The Barber/Felix combo may be the most potent next season in the NFL. There is no way to change that, maybe we get something from Choice.

We dont need another talented RB, WR or TE on this team. We are two or three deep at those positions. The problem on the field is at the QB position. Rather it be #1 or 2 option, that is our main problem "ON" the field. The coaching staff is a mess, so we need a change at the Head Coach position, and move Wade to defensive coach, cut ties with Garret and get us another offensive coach as well. Lets do what we can do to get Cowher here, and watch him do his magic and bring discipline to this team. We lack leadership on and off the field..
I'm saying people will find a way to be disappointed in Barber more often than not if he remains the lead horse. He seems too much like Jacobs to me, the bruising style leads to breaking down. If you're starting RB misses time, even if you have a very talented guy behind him, it still messes with the offense. People will be upset if Barber adjusts his game a bit so he doesn't take as many hits. Maybe he goes out of bounds more instead of taking the extra hit for more yards. People will say "Man, Barber is getting soft!" I just don't see how he'll hold up.

And didn't I say that's just ONE way to look at it with Choice/Felix? Come on now, it's open to flexibility. I just know we'd get a lot back in return for MB opposed to Choice. I'd like to see a opposing stance on that one. How can Felix be untouchable in your opinion, but in my opinion it's scoffed at to see him sticking around because he missed half of the year? Is that just because Barber is still around in your option?

I never mentioned in my posts that we need to add a WR or RB. I really don't understand why you keep bringing that up.

Jerry can be a pretty zany guy, but I think we're going to have to take him at his word that Wade is coming back. It is what it is. I don't agree with it though. Wade does not have control of this team.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-29-2008 at 01:19 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #267
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Seriously, what has Barber and Felix proven that Choice hasn't?

Why would you trade Choice away when he is the one with the least trade value in all likelihood?

I'd be willing to trade one of them away, but only if the price is right. There's no reason to trade one of them away for nothing. Especially with Barber as injury-prone as he is going to be if you give him heavy amounts of carries. And I haven't seen anything that says Felix will stay healthy either.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-29-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #268
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Seriously, what has Barber and Felix proven that Choice hasn't?

Why would you trade Choice away when he is the one with the least trade value in all likelihood?

I'd be willing to trade one of them away, but only if the price is right. There's no reason to trade one of them away for nothing. Especially with Barber as injury-prone as he is going to be if you give him heavy amounts of carries. And I haven't seen anything that says Felix will stay healthy either.
Exactly, that's why I don't see why that makes Felix automatically untouchable...he's just potential right now. It's too small of a window we have seen from him to automatically say he's not leaving. If we keep all 3, hopefully we find a way to keep all involved in the flow of the offense and we're not wasting any of them. I just said, if you're trading one of them, Barber is clearly going to bring more back in return.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-29-2008 at 01:44 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #269
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Exactly, that's why I don't see why that makes Felix automatically untouchable...he's just potential right now. It's too small of a window we have seen from him to automatically say he's not leaving. If we keep all 3, hopefully we find a way to keep all involved in the flow of the offense and we're not wasting any of them. I just said, if you're trading one of them, Barber is clearly going to bring more back in return.
I'm with you on Barber. I'd rather keep him than not, but I'd be willing to listen on him if the offer is right. The other two simply haven't played enough to develop trade value to the point that you would get something worthwhile in return.

And with all of the numskulls and gutless players on this team, Choice is one of the few players this season who showed me a little passion. I don't know why someone would be so quick to get rid of someone like him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-29-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #270
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm with you on Barber. I'd rather keep him than not, but I'd be willing to listen on him if the offer is right. The other two simply haven't played enough to develop enough trade value to the point that you would get something worthwhile in return.

And with all of the numskulls and gutless players on this team, Choice is one of the few players this season who showed me a little passion. I don't know why someone would be so quick to get rid of someone like him.
The fact that I have my mind set that Barber is going to be a looming injury concern just makes me more favorable to the idea of seeing if there is a deal out there to start building our future.

Choice basically did nothing for 3 months and got thrust into the starting RB spot for a team desperately trying to earn a playoff spot. If you take the last 5 games, he rushed for roughly 75-80 per game, maybe around 4.5-5 yards per carry. That's a real rough estimate, then you add his reception numbers...the kid did an amazing job.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #271
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Honestly Choice was our offensive MVP in the last month of the season. No one else produced as well as he did, as consistently as he did. And he did it against the best defenses the league has to offer.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-29-2008, 02:54 AM   #272
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

super bowl? super fail.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #273
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This journey flat out sucked!!!

The first thing I would do if I were the GM is restrict media ACCESS!!!

I would build two locker rooms...one for the players and Media to visit...then a door to take players into a players ONLY locker room area.

This would grant the media some level of post-game access, but then if the players or the Cowboys media relations felt it was time to keep things in house, they could move to a players only area and keep the "Leaks" out!!!

Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY of blame to go around within the Cowboys organization itself...but personally, I am TIRED and Sick of hearing all the negative spin from an over bloated media!!!

The control of the Media may have been the ONLY thing that I respected from Parcells!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #274
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

sad.....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #275
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anyone else remember the game against the Saints a couple of years ago? It was a December game, the 'boys were kind of rolling at the time. Both teams were 8-4 and it was basically a winner gets the 2 seed and a first round bye.

Result -- Saints 42, 'boys 17 and it wasn't as close as the scoreboard indicated. The saints were taking a knee to keep from scoring and stuff. It was an ugly butt kicking.....

...and the Cowboys had the tough coach.

Different coaches, same team, same results....
Old 12-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #276
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm with you on Barber. I'd rather keep him than not, but I'd be willing to listen on him if the offer is right. The other two simply haven't played enough to develop trade value to the point that you would get something worthwhile in return.

Miami does a good job of keeping 3 running backs involved in the game...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #277
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I blame Kosier.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #278
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I blame Jessica Simpson. He should have kept Underwood. Jessica Simpson is the new Yoko Ono.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #279
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the results. Wow, 400 - 0 or so. Pretty bad for such an expensive team.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #280
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Miami does a good job of keeping 3 running backs involved in the game...
And that's why I'm not prepared to just give any of them away. Someone would probably have to offer me a second rounder and maybe a third to get me to at least listen on Barber. I'd still like to see the Cowboys make a three back system work. Of course, with Garrett returning who knows how likely that is to happen.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.