Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #41
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #42
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

just freaking annex mexico already. at least then we'll have Cozymel and Cancoon as part of america.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Well, I stand corrected. Clearly, I overlooked that. In all sincerity, I offer my apologies.

Regardless, I don't like the way you package your hateful ideas. But that's just me.
Thank you for the apology but maybe next time you will try to know what you are talking about before acting like you do. And honestly, I don't give a crap if you like how I "package my ideas". Deal with it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #44
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

And I have chosen to tell you to suck it.

Fair enough brutha.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #46
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, most days I like Mexicans better than I do Americans, anyway. Mexicans don't seem to bring a sense of entitlement with them. Just imagine how a democracy such as ours, with all the advantages it has, would flourish comprising such a populace.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

I lived in south central Mexico for two years (Jalisco and Michoacan). I loved the people there. They were awesome, proud and thankful for what they had.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #48
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I lived in south central Mexico for two years (Jalisco and Michoacan). I loved the people there. They were awesome, proud and thankful for what they had.
hey Drbio, my mom was born in Michoacan =)

she came over (legally) in 1976 as a foreign exchange student, living with an American family here in Dallas, and ended up staying

then she met my dad, who came over legally from Costa Rica, and they fell in love, got married, had sex, and then I was born

lol.

oh and ninkobei.... "Cancoon"? man, that Melissa sure does house some of the greatest knowledge of our time....

EDIT: Jesus Christ... "Cozymel"?......... ruuuun Forrest ruuuuuun....

Last edited by WraithXx; 05-04-2006 at 09:37 AM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #49
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

the key is the item 1 on the list sixeight. if the immigrant didn't enter with a green card, they cannot go forward in the process. they have to leave, go back home, and apply. they may never make it back into the us, unless they come back over illegally, back to where they are today.

thanks kiki, a strong illustration of what the current laws mean to decent, hard working people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Then by all means become a legal citizen. Then he won't have to worry about that. But then again, there are plenty of citizens that get taken to the cleaner too. Learn english, get an education, something. Here are some points from the visaus.gov website stating who can become a citizen.

1. Are at least 18 years old and a lawful permanent resident ("green card" holder);
2. Have resided continuously in the United States, having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, for five years immediately preceding the date you filed your application for naturalization, or
3. Have, after having been removed from conditional permanent resident status, based upon your marriage to a U.S. citizen, having resided in the United States for one year after the date the condition was removed;
4. Have resided continuously in the United States at all times after your application to the time and date of your admission for citizenship;
5. Have, during all periods of time referred to above, been and still are a person of good moral character;
6. Have no outstanding deportation or removal order and no pending deportation or removal proceeding;
7. Have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand simple words and phrases in English;
8. Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government;
9. Are attached to, and can support, the principles of the U.S. Constitution and can swear allegiance to the United States.

how to get a green card to be an immigrant with employment status
How Do I Become an Immigrant Based on Employment?
An immigrant is a foreign national who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. You must go through a multi-step process to become an immigrant based on employment.

The USCIS must approve an immigrant petition (application) that was filed for you, usually by an employer.

In most employment categories (See EB-2 and EB-3 eligibility and filing information below), a U.S. employer must complete a labor certification request (ETA 750) for you from the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration.

The State Department must give you an immigrant visa number, even if you are already in the United States. Please see How Do I Get an Immigrant Visa Number?.

If you are already in the United States, you must apply to adjust to permanent resident status when a visa number becomes available. Please see How Do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident while in the United States? If you are outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available, you will be notified to go to the local U.S. consulate to complete the processing for an immigrant visa.

Not very hard. But the only excuses I have heard are it takes toooooo long. Wahh. Deal with it. And I guess the biggest problem is they have to learn english.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #50
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
hey Drbio, my mom was born in Michoacan =)

she came over (legally) in 1976 as a foreign exchange student, living with an American family here in Dallas, and ended up staying

then she met my dad, who came over legally from Costa Rica, and they fell in love, got married, had sex, and then I was born

lol.

oh and ninkobei.... "Cancoon"? man, that Melissa sure does house some of the greatest knowledge of our time....

EDIT: Jesus Christ... "Cozymel"?......... ruuuun Forrest ruuuuuun....
That's pretty cool Wraith. I lived in two cities on and off there. In Michoacan I lived in a little fishing town near Lake Chapala called La Palma. I also lived on the other side of the lake in Jalisco in Ajijic and Chapala. I loved that area.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

New question.

Did the leaders of this planned walkout consider it a success? Since none really felt the difference apparently is this one of those slow news day things that really didn't do a lot or did this accomplish something I missed?

I asked the manager of my favorite Starbucks (who participated) and she said it was just a day off. She didn't even protest anywhere. Was that the norm?

Last edited by Drbio; 05-04-2006 at 11:59 PM.