Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Silk Smoov Racist Gallery : The Obama Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
See I knew you were against women just like your ole buddy McCain. First, you agree with McCain on calling his wife a c**t because it was the heat of the moment, then you just stated you want to do away with Afirmative Action, which helps women in the workplace..See it is all coming out!!!!!
Let's see...this man is a racist he is against Affirmative Action

This man is a racist he is against affirmative action. He believes it damages the people who benefit from it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

This man is a racist as he is against affirmative action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas

This man is a racist since he uses the N-word all of the time.

Murphy3 is a racist because he made a joke.

DirkFTW is racist because he's asian.

About 18million hillary voters are racist because they think Obama is all hat and no cattle.

Dude1394 is racist because he uses Husseins middle name.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 12:20 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas Sowell:

I have much respect for this man.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1934
Dude1394 is racist because he uses Husseins middle name.
Took you a while, but doggone it, you finally got it!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Sowell probably formed my political and economic opinions more than anyone except possibly Ayn Rand. The first book I read of his was about education and how affirmitive action actually causes more students to fail because they are put into situations where they cannot compete..

His review of public education was pretty damning also.

His books on economics should be required reading.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Took you a while, but doggone it, you finally got it!
If you say so.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

gee hasn't this issue been beaten into the ground enough.

I will defend Murphy in this instance but dude I seem to recall you having a very different stance on this at one time.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ghlight=Denver

you will recall it was right after the Nuggets/Knicks brawl, and you and Murphy both lambasted me pretty hard.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
gee hasn't this issue been beaten into the ground enough.

I will defend Murphy in this instance but dude I seem to recall you having a very different stance on this at one time.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ghlight=Denver

you will recall it was right after the Nuggets/Knicks brawl, and you and Murphy both lambasted me pretty hard.
Are you sure I lambasted you that bad?? I think it seemed to come down to this from me. Plus I love the hypocrisy of black folks using the n-word and no one blinks. But it's the most evil word every spoken.
Quote:
To be honest I'm just giving you stuff. Since no one knows what is arbitrarily declared racist or not, I've decided that anyone who says that is racist. Pretty much as good reasoning as I hear anywhere else.

I'm still trying to decide if cracker, redneck, trailer-trash are racist (or bigoted) as well. I'm leaning towards a yes.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
that is funny...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
The first book I read of his was about education and how affirmitive action actually causes more students to fail because they are put into situations where they cannot compete..
Exactly what DeeDee Meyers said about Palin being thrust into the VP role.

You loves you some of that, though, don't you?

EDIT: Or was it Peggy Noonan? Could have been.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-15-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Exactly what DeeDee Meyers said about Palin being thrust into the VP role.

You loves you some of that, though, don't you?
Well I would have to disagree with DeeDee...Last time I looked Palin was governor of the state of alaska. Did she get that via affirmitive action...f no. I have no problem with Palin being VP, none.

I'm not exactly sure how DeeDee came to be where she is, possibly she's projecting.

Maybe I can take your stance on it.
"I'll reserve judgement until I see what she actually does in the VP slot".

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

Governor of the state of Alaska has nothing to do with it. Unless you think the top ten at an underwhelming inner-city high school is as qualified to compete in college as the top ten at a school like Plano or Southlake. Let's be sure we continue to compares apples and oranges when we discuss the Sowell doctrine you offered up.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Sure it does, you just discount it. Was it Truman that talked about how he got the job down in about 6 months or so?? I can't remember.

She continues to have more executive experience than anyone on the ticket...again I have no problems with it. IMO she has her head screwed on a hell of a lot straighter than Obama does. She gets the important stuff, he doesn't.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

Well hell, dude. Why don't you explain to me what Sowell meant, then, when he said that affirmative action puts students in a position to fail. I thought I knew what you meant, but I guess I don't.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Ah chum...you tell me why a first year senator is being touted as the great saviour of the world first. He's obviously not qualified for it, but that doesn't seem to matter to you.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Let's figure out the basic argument before we start applying it. What did Sowell mean when he said that affirmative action puts minority students in a position to fail?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If Hilary was campaigning against McCain right now would we have so much meaningless race talk on this board? I can't wait until the year comes where race doesn't even matter. I'm sure it won't occur in my lifetime but i'd sure like to see it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

I see where you want to go here but I don't think it applies. Palin is obviously qualified to be guvnor of alaska ergo she hasn't been given extra points to get there. She's done it and proven it. Next step up would be to run for national office which she is doing.

If she were going to go into the office with no advisors, no beauracracy, no secretary of state, no cabinet, no nothing to help her with the details then you might have a point, but she isn't, she'll be running a massive beauracracy, one which she has more experience doing than any of the other candidates. She just doesn't have washington-speak down yet. But that is trivial imo as it will be handled on a case-by-case basis with the advice of her advisors. You think any president makes all of their decisions based on only their own knowledge or any ceo, no. They do it based on a few guiding principles and their experience. Again she has more than any of the other candidates in that regard.

Whereas a student must sink or swim on their own and be tested with their peers and that testing is usually based on the quality of their last 12 or so years education. They don't get advisors to help them do the differentials while they thing big picture, they have to do the differentials themselves.

If that schools curriculum were not so starkly technical(not necesarrily scientific) in nature then you might make the case, but they usually are.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
If Hilary was campaigning against McCain right now would we have so much meaningless race talk on this board? I can't wait until the year comes where race doesn't even matter. I'm sure it won't occur in my lifetime but i'd sure like to see it.
Of course not, we could even call her very nasty names and silk wouldn't bat an eye.

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I see where you want to go here but I don't think it applies. Palin is obviously qualified to be guvnor of alaska ergo she hasn't been given extra points to get there. She's done it and proven it. Next step up would be to run for national office which she is doing.

If she were going to go into the office with no advisors, no beauracracy, no secretary of state, no cabinet, no nothing to help her with the details then you might have a point, but she isn't, she'll be running a massive beauracracy, one which she has more experience doing than any of the other candidates. She just doesn't have washington-speak down yet. But that is trivial imo as it will be handled on a case-by-case basis with the advice of her advisors. You think any president makes all of their decisions based on only their own knowledge or any ceo, no. They do it based on a few guiding principles and their experience. Again she has more than any of the other candidates in that regard.

Whereas a student must sink or swim on their own and be tested with their peers and that testing is usually based on the quality of their last 12 or so years education. They don't get advisors to help them do the differentials while they thing big picture, they have to do the differentials themselves.

If that schools curriculum were not so starkly technical(not necesarrily scientific) in nature then you might make the case, but they usually are.
Alright, dude, fair enough. But I'm still trying to figure out what your original point was. You held up Sowell as an example, as well as Thomas, saying that neither of these men are racist for the reason that they are against affirmative action. You have spelled out some reasons why they might feel that way and, presumably, you feel that way. In other words, their minority status in and of itself does not qualify them of the position, and may in fact put them in a position where they cannot compete.

Fine. I don't think many would argue. But this is nowhere NEAR the comparison you tried to draw, that you calling a man by his middle name "Hussein" has nothing to do with race, just as affirmative action has nothing to do with race. All "Hussein" DOES is go to race. All Sowell or Thomas would do is go to qualification.

That's why they are not racist, that they go to qualification (without respect to race). What you are doing is nothing like that.

My contention is that there is definitely an affirmative action element at play with regard to both Obama and Palin. I would disagree with Sowell and Thomas, at least when it comes to large cultural issues like who holds the highest offices in our land. In other words, I would be willing to give up some qualifications if doing so was a sacrifice that won a larger reward on another front.

But you seem stuck on saying that Sowell and Thomas have it right, that race means nothing, yet "Hussein" means something very important, while Palin's being a woman also means nothing. You seem to be twisting through hoops to always have it your way.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All "Hussein" DOES is go to race.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR)
Harry S. Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy (JFK)
Lyndon Baines Johnson (LBJ)
Richard M. Nixon
George Herbert Walker Bush
William Jefferson Clinton
George W. Bush

Presidents are frequently referred to by their full name or with their middle initial included. It would be one thing if that were not, in fact, his name. But it is.

I think the whole argument about "Hussein" on the part of Democrats (or Obama lovers) rings completely hollow.

Unless, of course, you thought it was racist for people to call Bill Clinton "William Jefferson". He didn't seem to mind that so much.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #22
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you sure I lambasted you that bad?? I think it seemed to come down to this from me. Plus I love the hypocrisy of black folks using the n-word and no one blinks. But it's the most evil word every spoken.
The point I was trying to make is while Silk may be over reacting to a sensitive issue, he is probably not the first on this board to do so.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR)
Harry S. Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy (JFK)
Lyndon Baines Johnson (LBJ)
Richard M. Nixon
George Herbert Walker Bush
William Jefferson Clinton
George W. Bush

Presidents are frequently referred to by their full name or with their middle initial included. It would be one thing if that were not, in fact, his name. But it is.

I think the whole argument about "Hussein" on the part of Democrats (or Obama lovers) rings completely hollow.

Unless, of course, you thought it was racist for people to call Bill Clinton "William Jefferson". He didn't seem to mind that so much.
c'mon, that's justification for what anyone can see is fueling emotion.

first, we don't typically use all these ex-presidents middle name in our typical referencing of them, and many times use the initial rather than their full name.

second, none of these politicians offer the opportunity for their detractors to use the name to incite this negative reaction that "hussein" involves.

do these same people who have been fond of ssaying barack hussein obama always say john sydney mccain? no.

it's a clear tactic that uses our country's conflict with islamic radicals, many times who have the name hussein, to cast a negative light on obama.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-15-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

NM

Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

NM

Old 10-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

After opening up this thread, I just had a huge case of deja vu.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 10-15-2008 at 04:21 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Once again, I call Dude a bit**!!!! Since you are deleting stuff, delete this RACE BAIT thread that has my name in it and is against Community board standards..
the only bit** I know about is yo' momma.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-15-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Tell yo' momma to get me my money. Whose your daddy? Bout time to get yo' mommy off that ho* stroll. Dont you think? They say that even though her teeth are gone, she is gumming her clients. I guess we can say she is determined not to fail..
Haha...tell your **** mom that she should have aborted your ass. And I'm your daddy.

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #31
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Haha...tell your **** mom that she should have aborted your ass. And I'm your daddy.
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-15-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #32
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
She is a republican, so I guess she was against it. BUT, that was her decision
Bet she doesn't think sowell is "wrong" thinking.

Quote:
You do know I am pimping yo' mommy right? You do understand there are too many trix in the world to actually know whose your daddy. So, I guess I am your daddy, because yo' mommy calls me "Big Daddy".
I'm not street enough to know what you are talking about.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She is a republican, so I guess she was against it. BUT, that was her decision
You do know I am pimping yo' mommy right? You do understand there are too many trix in the world to actually know whose your daddy. So, I guess I am your daddy, because yo' mommy calls me "Big Daddy".
Lovely personal attacks. Stay classy Silk.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

A new gallery member I see nominated by another democrat.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - Democratic Rep. John Murtha said Wednesday his home base of western Pennsylvania is racist and that could reduce Barack Obama's victory margin in the state by 4 percentage points.
The entire state of Pennsylvania!! Before we are finished the entire world will be racists.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #35
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Lovely personal attacks. Stay classy Silk.
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-15-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said, “There is no question that western Pennsylvania is a racist area.”
Wow. Stay classy John Murtha. Seriously what is wrong with the world?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #37
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Bet she doesn't think sowell is "wrong" thinking.

I'm not street enough to know what you are talking about.
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
She thinks he is dead wrong, and called him an "Uncle Tom".. I guess since she is a woman and African American, she was very MUCH against his way of thinking.
Uncle Tom huh......about as classy as her son then. This type of thinking (as Bill Cosby would say) does nothing for your culture.

Last edited by dude1394; 10-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I knew you would make a remark to me about personal attacks, when this ENTIRE thread is a personal attack.
Pointing out hypocrisy is not a personal attack. By that logic, every poorly worded, misspelled question you asked of thig and me yesterday were personal attacks. Which of course, they weren't.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #40
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Uncle Tom huh......about as classy as her son then. This type of thinking (as Bill Cosby would say) does nothing for your culture.
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Tags
horrible thread, time waster