Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Why Hutch WOuld Have Won That Game...

Alright Alright...and I know I'm knee-jerking a bit...but, before I get lambasted (and I know this is ALL speculation) I'd like to make some points:

1) The 1st touchdown was all Cason. No QB can take or not take credit for that.

2) Before Cundiff's blown FG at the end of the 2nd quarter, Q missed a WIDE OPEN Campbell at the endge of the end zone. I think Hutch (along with 95% of other QB's in the league) makes that pass.

that would give us a 14-3 halftime lead...

3) ATL's 1st TD came after a Q fumble in the 3rd quarter. I know you say that Hutch has fumblitits - but this fumble didn't come from pressure in the pocket - it came from trying "to create' which Q is supposed to do - but obviously cant multitask and create AND hold on to the ball.

that would take away atlanta's 1st TD - which also carried mucho momentum
Old 09-07-2003, 07:01 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I know there are several other reasons we lost this game:

-penalties
-execution
-possibly playcalling
-allowing vick-less atl to put up 27 points

but due to my aforementioned reasons - along with Q making several poor reads and missing several wide open receivers -I believe he was the biggest reason we lost this game.

Slam away...
Old 09-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think Hutch would have won the game but Carter sure did hurt the team.

Only 15 more games to go.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't imagine Hutch winning this game. Carter blew it. He was awful, but I'm not sure Hutch could have done any better. The only thing that makes me think he might is the way that Galloway played today. Hutch could hit Galloway in stride on those long ones. You can't rely on those though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:40 PM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Why Hutch WOuld Have Won That Game...

lol
Old 09-07-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

quincy also avoided at least 3 blindside sacks that hutch would have fumbled.

as BP said in the post game show, carter certainly didnt play well, but he didnt play incredibly poorly either.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
quincy also avoided at least 3 blindside sacks that hutch would have fumbled.

as BP said in the post game show, carter certainly didnt play well, but he didnt play incredibly poorly either.

Exactly. Every interception thrown is a Hutch fumble. Every sack taken is a Hutch fumble. Carter didn't play well today. His states were skewed a bit because of the players on this team. But he and others need to step there game up.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:57 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Did anyone see what the other qb's did today? I'm not trying to make a argument or anything but I was jsut a bit suprised at how Kurt Warner had 4 fumbles. I also saw Kordell Stewart have 95 yards and 3 interceptions. Atleast Quincy wasn't the worst qb who played today.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:03 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Kordell sucks too. Warner was reported to have suffered a concussion in the second quarter that he did not report to his coach. He should have been yanked and not allowed to play in the second half. He stunk today.

But to say Qspare's stats were skewed because of the other players is hilarious. Did you see the fourth down play at the end of the game where he threw it to nobody? Did you see the pass he threw behind a wide open Campbell that would have been a walk in touchdown? Did you see the overthrows of Galloway and Bryant? Did you see the passes thrown too short? Holy cow...the guy sucked today. It's ok. He won't suck that bad again for a while probably, but don't spin that effort as anything outside of a suck.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:15 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Kordell sucks too. Warner was reported to have suffered a concussion in the second quarter that he did not report to his coach. He should have been yanked and not allowed to play in the second half. He stunk today.

But to say Qspare's stats were skewed because of the other players is hilarious. Did you see the fourth down play at the end of the game where he threw it to nobody? Did you see the pass he threw behind a wide open Campbell that would have been a walk in touchdown? Did you see the overthrows of Galloway and Bryant? Did you see the passes thrown too short? Holy cow...the guy sucked today. It's ok. He won't suck that bad again for a while probably, but don't spin that effort as anything outside of a suck.

Lol I never said he played well. I also stated I wasn't trying to start a argument using what Kurt Warner and Kordell did today. I was just a bit suprised at those poor performanceses. As far as what Carter did he played bad. He didn't play well at all. What killed his game were the mental errors no doubt about that. He didn't play smart. However, there were times when these players were dropping balls and stopping on routes. He didn't suck. What I was looking for today was for him to not make any turnovers. Basically throw any interceptions. He threw one which I stilll question him for throwing. He needs a o-line. I don't care what anyone says. THe guy needs someone to block him. He has shown he can throw the ball if he can stay in the pocket for longer than 1 second before getting rushed. I can't give Carter a D- because he did have 268 yards. I don't think he deserves more than a C- or a D however.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:17 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Like I said he sucked...but we can just agree to disagree on the rating. The Warner/Kordell thing was just commentary, not argument. Sorry you can't see that. But Carter did suck to day.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:18 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Did anyone see what the other qb's did today? I'm not trying to make a argument or anything but I was jsut a bit suprised at how Kurt Warner had 4 fumbles. I also saw Kordell Stewart have 95 yards and 3 interceptions. Atleast Quincy wasn't the worst qb who played today.
Please do not forget the great Tom Brady. he was my fantasy QB and he got me -4 points with his 4 interceptions. Kurt Warner scored 27 points in Fantasy football we played. Actually I would have been better off if I had Quincy as my QB.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Please do not forget the great Tom Brady. he was my fantasy QB and he got me -4 points with his 4 interceptions. Kurt Warner scored 27 points in Fantasy football we played. Actually I would have been better off if I had Quincy as my QB.

Lol yea thats all I was stating. There were more qbs who didn't play to there capabilities today. I was just suprised. I wasn't trying ot compare them to Carter at all. I just saw some box sscores and saw hwo poor some of these guys played today.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Didn't we already go through this last year? Why does everyone still get excited about Queef? This is the third season of the Quincy Carter era... or should I say the turd season. My God we suck.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #15
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Didn't we already go through this last year? Why does everyone still get excited about Queef? This is the third season of the Quincy Carter era... or should I say the turd season. My God we suck.
Exactly. It is the turd season under Q.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

The turd season. Genius.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:29 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape

Umm no. This is the 16th start of Quincy Carter. BTW, how long does it take for a qb to please you Madeape? I'm just curious. Do you expect him to come out his rookie year and be a Aikman or do you wait a 2nd year?

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:33 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

FFM- not to answer for ape, but I think we would all love for Qspare to come out and just improve. He has great moments and then looks like a high school QB just seconds later. he's never been consistent.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:34 PM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

I would say that 16 starts along with 16 games of observing closely from the sideline is enough to get a good read on a quarterback. unfortunately.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
FFM- not to answer for ape, but I think we would all love for Qspare to come out and just improve. He has great moments and then looks like a high school QB just seconds later. he's never been consistent.

Thats where I disagree. I agree that he is inconsistent but come on. The guy has improved greatly. That doesn't really say much but this guy was absolutley horrible his first season. He didn't know how to throw a spiral at all.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #21
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Just remember Aikman went 1-15 his first year, give Carter some time
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:50 PM   #22
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33

That's the biggest apples and oranges comparison I've ever heard. troy got dramatically better as the season went and you could often seen glimmers of the qb he would eventually come to be...

Old 09-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33

That's the biggest apples and oranges comparison I've ever heard. troy got dramatically better as the season went and you could often seen glimmers of the qb he would eventually come to be...

I have seen glimmers from Quincy. I've just seen more errors than glimmers from him. But glimmers nonetheless.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Silly thread topic...

I have trouble believing Hutch would have been any better than Quincy in this afternoon's game, as I imagine he would have probably ended up as concussed roadkill ground under the tracks of the Falcon's pass rush. And watching winnable games get flushed down the urinal every week by bad QB play is probably going to be a very familiar feeling by the time December rolls around...

The quarterback stable that the Tuna inheritted is simply a disaster. Hutchinson is a strong-armed developing project who unfortunately shows no mobility, and Quincy is a spastic flounderer who compliments every 40 yard reception he throws with 3-4 fumbles and loose-goose interceptions... Unfortunately for the fans, and fortunately for the value of our future draft selections, the Cowboy's are just going to have to wallow in this toilet of a situation until Jared Lorenzen becomes available in the second round of the NFL draft next Summer...

Hutch or Quincy; this is the heyday of the Turd Season...
Old 10-06-2003, 07:37 AM   #25
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Anybody still want Chutch?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:15 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think the cowboys would be at least 2-2 with hutch starting...they might have won the opener as well.
they'd be at least 2-2 with any QB in the league starting besides Kordell Stewart.

but..QCar's played pretty well so far
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #27
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It's no question that Q-Car is better than Hutch.
If you wanna argue about it then send a pm to QCarFan, he'd be happy to tell you how he feels.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #28
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but if Chutch had started these games, he'd have more fumbles than TD passes, and the 'Boys would be lucky to be 1-3. Yes, he has considerable potential, but WHAT has this kid done to make any sane person believe that at this very moment, he is Carter's equal? Because he ain't there yet.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #29
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Hutch led the league in fumbles last year and he only played in 12 games. Give it up on hutch the guy just isn't ready. The cowboys are 3-1 end of story.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:16 AM   #30
XERXES
Diamond Member

Boy oh boy, my d-m friends grant me very little lattitude...

I'd like to say 2 things along the subject:

1) We shouldn't have won the Giants game and we faced an extremely weakend Jets team. So, realistically we should be 2-2 right now. I'm on cloud 9 that we're 3-1 and I hope it continues. I've always said it is better to be lucky than good. I still hold to my original point in this thread regarding game 1.

2) Quincy has really settled in. I have to (begrudgingly) give him props for that. He seems SO much more settled in the pocket. He looks 100% more confident than he has in the past.

X
Old 10-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #31
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quincy is making Chutch look like a total amateur right now. I think we can win with starter and backup that we have and just draft for offensive linemen/defensive linemen. Quincy stands in the pocket and throws accurate passes, and runs sometimes. This team may not beat a good defense, but they can sure hang in the game against any team in today's NFL.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

...as long as "any" team is defined as Cardinals, Giants, Jets.

This season is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to say our future has arrived. Weeks 7-16 are horrendous for us.

I understand the enthusiasm, but "tap on the brakes".
Old 10-06-2003, 01:32 PM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Quincy stands in the pocket and throws accurate passes, and runs sometimes.
It's certainly correct to say that Quincy's accuracy is dramatically improved this year. He's still one of the least accurate passers in the NFL, though. I'd like to see him improve his completion percentage quite a bit before I label him an accurate passer.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Quincy stands in the pocket and throws accurate passes, and runs sometimes.
It's certainly correct to say that Quincy's accuracy is dramatically improved this year. He's still one of the least accurate passers in the NFL, though. I'd like to see him improve his completion percentage quite a bit before I label him an accurate passer.

Thats a strong statement to make about Quincy saying he is one of hte most inaccurate passers in the league. That stats that basically he is one of the worst passers.

I don't know what the Cowboys can do right now but I like that they are dominating teams. People are saying "Well they should've beat these team" and thats fine and all but last season we lost to the Cardinals 9-6. Quincy put up 14 points alone before the half. We are dominating teams and we have something to look foward too. Cowboys are a good team. A damn good team. No one knows how good they are but atleast we know we can dominant the less talented teams. Next week might be our first real game this season. I wouldn't be so excited if the Cowboys were winning games by 3 or 2 points but we are dominating teams.

1996-2005
Old 10-06-2003, 02:02 PM   #35
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
...as long as "any" team is defined as Cardinals, Giants, Jets.

This season is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to say our future has arrived. Weeks 7-16 are horrendous for us.

I understand the enthusiasm, but "tap on the brakes".

You couldn't be more correct, U2...everyone needs to hold off on purchasing the champagne and tickertape...we've got a long, long way to go...so does Quincy...I hope this team gets there - I hope he gets there...but if you think the team (or Q) is there yet...you need to check into rehab.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:49 PM   #36
QCarFan
Golden Member

Yea whatever, excuses and backtracks. Quincy is the guy for this team, no ifs ands or buts about it. He is proving his doubters wrong, and continuing to get better. Thats all anyone can ask for, he is one of the best passers in the game, yards wise. Quit hating on the guy and realize that he is the guy, and his play has been pretty damn good thus far. Way to go Quincy, keep it up kid keep proving your doubters wrong. 2-2 with Hutchinson? Haha, yeah right try 0-4. We are 3-1, and getting better. End of story
Old 10-06-2003, 11:57 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

who's backtracking?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:57 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
who's backtracking?
Don't waste your time. This idiot never acknowledges his outlandish claims.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:25 AM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

No offense to the starter of this thread but I just hate the title of this thread. Just someone stating that Hutch could've won a game sickens me.

1996-2005
Old 10-07-2003, 03:48 AM   #40
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
No offense to the starter of this thread but I just hate the title of this thread. Just someone stating that Hutch could've won a game sickens me.
me too bro, me too!